TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Possible upgrades to GT500

svtbird91

Found this on the shelby site ,it's been there since Nov ,I thought it was interesting: I wonder what they are working on?

Gary Patterson

USA

6 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 : 17:00:48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These cars are still marketed and built by Ford. Carroll has given us the following number at Ford for the most up to date information on the car. 800-367-3788.

We are also working on an exciting upgrade package for these cars once they are released.

Gary Patterson

Vice President, Sales

Shelby Automobiles

That number looks like SVT's.

What would I guess? Either a blower pulley swap w/Tune, or a complete blower swap to a twin screw. This will most likely void your powertrain warranty as any other aftermarket mod (of that magnitude) would do. Let's see...other offerings.....wheels? graphics? hood? handling? It's all possible. We should be hearing more on that soon, I would bet. I'm sure Shelby has a nice leg up on the competition (since he was a part of the developement of the car)- as far as aftermarket product roll-out is concerned.

And think....he would have a "captive" (or should I say captivated) audience. Wouldn't you like your Shelby modded with Shelby aftermarket? Keeps it "pure Shelby".

Note: this is strictly speculation on my part. Your mileage may vary. :)

I called them on this...they said it wont add any weight, no price yet. I would drool for this...It will be available they hoped by the end of 06.

Dave

Yes Max makes some good gear I had some of thier stuff on my other car. I wonder how Steeda et all will approach this car as the SVT stuff in years past was mostly modified GT parts. I wonder if the "upscale" part of SVT's new look will make for a very limited aftermarket.

That number looks like SVT's.

What would I guess? Either a blower pulley swap w/Tune, or a complete blower swap to a twin screw. This will most likely void your powertrain warranty as any other aftermarket mod (of that magnitude) would do. Let's see...other offerings.....wheels? graphics? hood? handling? It's all possible. We should be hearing more on that soon, I would bet. I'm sure Shelby has a nice leg up on the competition (since he was a part of the developement of the car)- as far as aftermarket product roll-out is concerned.

And think....he would have a "captive" (or should I say captivated) audience. Wouldn't you like your Shelby modded with Shelby aftermarket? Keeps it "pure Shelby".

Note: this is strictly speculation on my part. Your mileage may vary. :)

Yea, he's probably gonna market all the stuff that he wanted on the GT500 to start with, but FORD took OFF the car. :lol:

I'll wait for the 60,000km warantee to expire before I go with Mods!

With the amount I will be driving the car that'll take 10 years.

As much as I say over and over every muscle car I get that I will leave THIS one stock the longest I've lasted is about 10 months before I start to tinker.

With my current Mustang it started out with a H-pipe for the sound and a shifter as the factory unit was junk and four years later the car runs mid 11's. So after the first 1000 or so km's I'll do a baseline dyno pull and then I'll let all you guys know what a tune pulley and exhaust will gain. ;)

With the amount I will be driving the car that'll take 10 years.

As much as I say over and over every muscle car I get that I will leave THIS one stock the longest I've lasted is about 10 months before I start to tinker.

With my current Mustang it started out with a H-pipe for the sound and a shifter as the factory unit was junk and four years later the car runs mid 11's. So after the first 1000 or so km's I'll do a baseline dyno pull and then I'll let all you guys know what a tune pulley and exhaust will gain. ;)

Sounds good Kaylan.

I'm not mechanically inclined, but I'm having trouble believing that any basic mods like air induction, IRS, exhaust or others would really make a noticable improvement in performance, when we're already starting at the top. I don't expect I would make any changes other than cosmetic, like rear quarter window covers, SHELBY lettering accross the brow of the hood, (if I can find it) GT500 on the right hand side of the deck lid to balance out the SHELBY on the left, leather roof liner, etc.

KingCobra.

When I saw the first photos with the Shelby letters on the left side I was disappointed about it. The letters are too big. The concept was nicer, but because of costs they kept the regular Mustang decklid. A rear spoiler with the third light in there was much better.

I agree that an emblem on the other side too is a good idea.

When I saw the first photos with the Shelby letters on the left side I was disappointed about it. The letters are too big. The concept was nicer, but because of costs they kept the regular Mustang decklid. A rear spoiler with the third light in there was much better.

I agree that an emblem on the other side too is a good idea.

We need SHELBY GT500 on the rear deck lid.

I hope we can convince them of that.

That might even be cooler than the concept???

KingCobra.

Just spoke with SVT. They're aware that the general preference was the concept deck lid with the brake light in the spoiler and SHELBY on center, but because of cost they nixed it for the new style (bummer), and there will be no GT500 on the right (major bummer).

KingCobra.

Sounds good Kaylan.

I'm not mechanically inclined, but I'm having trouble believing that any basic mods like air induction, IRS, exhaust or others would really make a noticable improvement in performance, when we're already starting at the top. I don't expect I would make any changes other than cosmetic, like rear quarter window covers, SHELBY lettering accross the brow of the hood, (if I can find it) GT500 on the right hand side of the deck lid to balance out the SHELBY on the left, leather roof liner, etc.

KingCobra.

I don't know KingCobra, Brad says the following:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=42774

I'm inclined to agree since he dines with Shelby and HTT from time to time. :)

So let the excitement begin! ..and you all better post pictures of your cars when you get them!

Archived