TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08TRT0402 heads to Quantum tomorrow =)

SPRSNK

After weeks of searching used and new cars finally found the black 2008 basic Mustang. Dealer up in Grapevine had it listed way to high and I sent them an offer on Saturday night. Got a call back Sunday morning telling me it was a lowball offer and he couldn't go down 3k. I sorta chuckled at him then told him of the rebates Ford was offering for brand new cars. He didn't believe me, I wouldn't have either and he was a used car sales manager, probably gets BS all the time. 15 minutes later I get another call from him telling me that if I can come up 500.00 we've got a deal. So I got my black V6 for 15.5k with 8400 miles on it. Car is in great shape from the pics. I haven't seen it yet, but the Terlingua performance package replaces just about everything anyways and voids the warranty anyways, so I'll just deal. Besides, I'll drive the hell out of the car anyways. I'm already planning my mods for it after the Terlingua event. I'll hopefully have some pics of it next week when I can make it up to Dallas. My wife is still on the "Do not drive" list after the C-Section, so I'm home bound until then. Going to try and convince her to let me bring little Shelby with me Quantum and take her pic with some of the cars in progress. Don't know if the wife will let me or not yet.

After weeks of searching used and new cars finally found the black 2008 basic Mustang. Dealer up in Grapevine had it listed way to high and I sent them an offer on Saturday night. Got a call back Sunday morning telling me it was a lowball offer and he couldn't go down 3k. I sorta chuckled at him then told him of the rebates Ford was offering for brand new cars. He didn't believe me, I wouldn't have either and he was a used car sales manager, probably gets BS all the time. 15 minutes later I get another call from him telling me that if I can come up 500.00 we've got a deal. So I got my black V6 for 15.5k with 8400 miles on it. Car is in great shape from the pics. I haven't seen it yet, but the Terlingua performance package replaces just about everything anyways and voids the warranty anyways, so I'll just deal. Besides, I'll drive the hell out of the car anyways. I'm already planning my mods for it after the Terlingua event. I'll hopefully have some pics of it next week when I can make it up to Dallas. My wife is still on the "Do not drive" list after the C-Section, so I'm home bound until then. Going to try and convince her to let me bring little Shelby with me Quantum and take her pic with some of the cars in progress. Don't know if the wife will let me or not yet.

SPRSNK - very cool indeed - congratulations and enjoy.

Thanks for the update.

David

Woohoo! Couldn't Quantum just go pick it up for you? Long drive to drive your car 20 miles to get rabbitized!

Let us know if we can help, and hope the mrs. makes a speedy pain free recovery RR!

:lurk: :happy feet:

Dealership is driving the car to Quantum for me :happy feet:

As for that drink...I happen to have a bottle of special Tequila with racing stripes that I'm willing to share with Terlingua owners :tequila:

Great news, Congrats!

Maybe post some build-up photos if you can get any?

I wish, but it's not that feasible for me to do. I live 3 hours away and don't have the time to to randomly skip an entire day to snap some pics. Thanks for reminding me though, I need to take pics of my car in the garage with the front end torn apart.

I wish, but it's not that feasible for me to do. I live 3 hours away and don't have the time to to randomly skip an entire day to snap some pics. Thanks for reminding me though, I need to take pics of my car in the garage with the front end torn apart.

Congratulations :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Send them a couple of the single-use flash cameras (from Costco?) and tell them to snap whenever they think of it, put the cameras in the glove box when they deliver the car. You can have the cameras/films developed and scanned to CD at the photo shop (Costco?). The constructors should be willing to do just a simple point-and-shoot job like that for you.

Im sure Quantum has a digital camera they can use...

I was hoping you didnt have to drive all that way...glad the dealership helped out!

Im trying to find a trailer for my car now...I may have to drive pretty far to get it too...

Oh well, I gotta drive to Goldtwaite TX for the second time this week to look at a job...whats another 500 miles, right?

:shift:

Send them a couple of the single-use flash cameras (from Costco?) and tell them to snap whenever they think of it, put the cameras in the glove box when they deliver the car. You can have the cameras/films developed and scanned to CD at the photo shop (Costco?). The constructors should be willing to do just a simple point-and-shoot job like that for you.

The staff at Saleen did this for me during the build of my H281, got digital photos like this:

waiting in the back lot...

H281.jpg

graphics applied...

DSCF0003.jpg

supercharger install....

DSCF0035.jpg

finished car outside Saleen SSV in Troy, MI.

DSCF0001-1.jpg

If you can get them, it makes for a great bit of background history for your car.

Archived