TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got mine!

07 GT500

I got a call this afternoon at about 5. The GSM told me the car was sitting on the showroom floor, just the way it came off the truck. I jumped in the car and went over there, wrote the big check, took some pictures, complained about the turd on the trunk lid, and then went home and ate supper. They'd call me when the car was cleaned up and ready to go.

I was told that the sirius radio came with the Shaker 1000. I had not heard that before, and did not expect to see the ugly antenna on the trunk lid, but what was I to do at this point. Oh well, I'll live with it, and use it for the six free months. I don't have time to do much with the car til after I get home from San Diego, but at least I can drive it some. I wasn't expecting it to be here until Oct. the 4th!

I've only driven it five or six miles, if that far, but the clutch doesn't chatter, but sure is hard to get used to. It is wayyyyyyyyyyyy light, especially compared to my '03 Cobra. That will take some getting used to also. Sure is a pretty car though..........Can't wait to get my chrome wheels on it!

post-5894-1159239865_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159239898_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240022_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240055_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240108_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240180_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240217_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159239865_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159239898_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240022_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240055_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240108_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240180_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159240217_thumb.jpg

:cheerleader: 07GT500: Right on, I love that color combo. Stylin dude :bandance: . I remember looking at your garage floor last week - Looks great, now ya got your car to make the room complete :woohoo: . I showed my wife your floor and might have to go with the black and white at my place. Enjoy your drivin :shift: you deserve it man. I am very happy for you. Now the fun begins. Very..very...cool :rockon:

I got a call this afternoon at about 5. The GSM told me the car was sitting on the showroom floor, just the way it came off the truck. I jumped in the car and went over there, wrote the big check, took some pictures, complained about the turd on the trunk lid, and then went home and ate supper. They'd call me when the car was cleaned up and ready to go.

I was told that the sirius radio came with the Shaker 1000. I had not heard that before, and did not expect to see the ugly antenna on the trunk lid, but what was I to do at this point. Oh well, I'll live with it, and use it for the six free months. I don't have time to do much with the car til after I get home from San Diego, but at least I can drive it some. I wasn't expecting it to be here until Oct. the 4th!

I've only driven it five or six miles, if that far, but the clutch doesn't chatter, but sure is hard to get used to. It is wayyyyyyyyyyyy light, especially compared to my '03 Cobra. That will take some getting used to also. Sure is a pretty car though..........Can't wait to get my chrome wheels on it!

Congrats! Gorgeous Car!

The Sirius Radio is a separate option. Just look on your window sticker and it will show 918 for Shaker 1000 at 1295.00 msrp and the Sirius Satellite Radio is 50S & 195.00 MSRP. You should kid him you want the money back you paid extra for the sirius or at least the difference from the 164.00 he paid. Invoice on radio with holdback is 170.00. or he could give you part of the 200.00 he made on shaker 1000??

Enjoy the car as they are awesome machines! or should I say JUST INCREDIBLE...

Just noticed red/white garage tiles. Nice. ... did you install recently to match the new arrival?

...and I thought I was obssessive...

Yes I did!! The wife thinks I'm a little nuts too, but that's alright......

where did you source the colored tiles?

Congrats! Gorgeous Car!

The Sirius Radio is a separate option. Just look on your window sticker and it will show 918 for Shaker 1000 at 1295.00 msrp and the Sirius Satellite Radio is 50S & 195.00 MSRP. You should kid him you want the money back you paid extra for the sirius or at least the difference from the 164.00 he paid. Invoice on radio with holdback is 170.00. or he could give you part of the 200.00 he made on shaker 1000??

Or the dealer should remove the antenna and replace the trunk lid, which now has two big holes drilled through it where they attached this unwelcome and unordered accessory. :doh:

:wacko: I wouldn't be very happy if that happened to me. :fan:

RaceDeck............http://www.racedeck.com/ not the cheapest in the world, but very easy to put down, easy clean up,,,,,, I really like mine!

Chris

A similar product is also marketed under the name of "Sport Court" for use in all purpose activity centers. They might have a slightly lower price point being distributed in a larger volume market. The ones I'm familiar with are about 1/4" thick. Did they provide any kind of transition strip for the garage door?

I thought really hard about it and ended up epoxying mine. But the checkers look great! :cheerleader:

Just noticed red/white garage tiles. Nice. ... did you install recently to match the new arrival?

...and I thought I was obssessive...

Yes I did!! The wife thinks I'm a little nuts too, but that's alright......

Don`t worry we all are car nuts ,looks great both the car & garage . ENJOY.

The ones I'm familiar with are about 1/4" thick. Did they provide any kind of transition strip for the garage door?

The Racedeck stuff is maybe 5/16" thick and yes, they do sell the transition strip. You can do a 430 sq. ft. garage floor with this stuff in less that two hours easy.........

Looks good! So what mods do you have planned besides the chrome wheels?

Very few mods Derik. Of course, if I was still there and working for JBA, it might be a different story.

I've done the painted mirror covers, and I installed my sequential taillights today. As soon as it gets here, I'll put my JBA stainless axle back on. This car is deathly quiet.

I have the hood struts from Redline Tuning, but they're changing a bracket, so I am waiting for that bracket. Then I will be rid of that ugly hood prop rod.

While I am in San Diego, I plan on buying an XCalibrator II from JBA, and when I get home here,the car will wake up some.

Check out what Sandy made up and had me sign!

See ya soon maybe.....

Chris

post-5894-1159415258_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1159415258_thumb.jpg

Guest evilchris

Very few mods Derik. Of course, if I was still there and working for JBA, it might be a different story.

I've done the painted mirror covers, and I installed my sequential taillights today. As soon as it gets here, I'll put my JBA stainless axle back on. This car is deathly quiet.

I have the hood struts from Redline Tuning, but they're changing a bracket, so I am waiting for that bracket. Then I will be rid of that ugly hood prop rod.

While I am in San Diego, I plan on buying an XCalibrator II from JBA, and when I get home here,the car will wake up some.

See ya soon maybe.....

Chris

JBA is not the shop it once was man. Go to DPR instead. JBA's best two mechanics quit and started DRP.

See ya soon maybe.....

Chris

Sounds cool! I like the oath you had to sign, thats a funny one.

If and when I score my 07/08/09/... GT500 I think one mod I will definitly be looking into is a larger set of tires for the rear. I have read that these cars have a lot of trouble hooking up all that power. Currently my car is pushing over 330 hp to the rear and has 275/40ZR17's and it spins the tires easily. I can imagine with almost 495 hp to the rear the GT500 would easily shred those 285/40ZR18's. I wonder if they will be selling rims with the stock GT500 design that will fit a pair of 315's or larger? I imagine by the time I get my GT500 there will probably be something out there.

Hope you have fun with your new Shelby! Its too bad you still didnt live around here because I would definitly be hitting you up for a ride in your new GT500. ;^) :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car. I have the same color and same options. However, my brother in law works as an engineer for Ford and had the seam seeler and noise deadening material all applied by hand. I have a DVD of the car being built and a signed poster of all the employees that built it. Car was clear coated under hood right down to the frame. I LOVE THE CAR.

Or the dealer should remove the antenna and replace the trunk lid, which now has two big holes drilled through it where they attached this unwelcome and unordered accessory. :doh:

:wacko: I wouldn't be very happy if that happened to me. :fan:

Yeah, I'm with you. Changed my order specifically to remove Sirius after I got the DORA. Kept the 1000 though!

Okay, I haven't seen anyone else ask; so I will.

Is the EJECT button kind of like the old "mother-in-law" seat on the Model A's? :poke:

Got to here the story....?

Yeah, that is for bitchy, or uncooperative passengers to think that if that button is pushed, they will be ejected from the car, at a high rate of speed.

Can I ask where you sourced the chrome wheels? Would be interested in that upgrade.

hsurb

JBA is not the shop it once was man. Go to DPR instead. JBA's best two mechanics quit and started DRP.

Yeah, I know Shawn and Greg, I worked there at JBA before and after they left. They started DPR, not DRP.

I went by their shop and saw them before we moved here.............

Archived