TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Owner's Forum

LuckySnake

Well, They didnt have shit to do with it. So it fits. It would be like having a GT500 forum on a camaro site.

They are both Shelby Mustangs, both Fords. Before those GT Mustangs arive in Vegas, you could never tell the difference between any other GT Mustang, not even in the s/n. Your comparison is interesting.

Im not aware of this but, Did zDodge build the Chargers with Shelbys nameo n it or did CS build them.

That would sum it up for me.

Good Point. I'm ok with the involvement CS had. We know SVT put this together with Ford. I realy like the car alot! That's all I care about.

Im not aware of this but, Did zDodge build the Chargers with Shelbys nameo n it or did CS build them.

...okay but thats not a FORD under that Shelby name...nor is that a mustang....without FORD there's basically no Shelby tied to the mustang platform...or Shelby heritage for that matter...I'm sure he would have gone on to do other great things in the business but you kinda need the mustang first then the Shelby...and well today isn't that what we have...except at 1000 years old he couldn't have been expected to play the same role he did back in the day...mans gotta nap.

Maybe I have my facts wrong but I thought Shelby / Ford relationship is what started off the huge interest in what he was doing for cars...do I have this wrong?

Cheers,

Requis

The Dodge/Shelby relationship was kind of like the current Ford/Shelby relationship. Most of the cars were built by Dodge with the Shelby badge put on them, but a handful were built at Shelby's facility - the GLHS's for example. Interestingly, the GLHS's recived their own little dash plaque with a unique production # and Carroll's signature printed on it, whereas the regular production Shelby Chargers did not. Sounds very much like the way the new GT500's don't have a unique dash plaque and the Shelby - GT's do.

Guest evilchris

I NEVER understood this whole scheme of Shelby pushing themselves away from the GT500? This just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Why?

It makes perfect sense to me. I've been saying all along it was a marketing gimmick and CS had NO involvement in the car at all other than to pose in pictures and say " lookin good' ".

Shelby Auto's actions confirm my belief.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this or not: Shelby GT500 owners are not to be included in the Shelby Owner's Forum. That's mighty nice of them! The GT-H is included. I was told it's only for a car they (Shelby Automobiles, Inc.) are currently producing.

Blayne

Blayne9067,

No offense intended here, honest question:

Where do you get your info from?

I logged onto Shelby's forums, and the only area I saw that was linited to "Owners Only" was the CSX forum.

That is the ORIGINAL Cobra's (you know, 2-seat aluminum, no top).

all the other areas seemed to allow any Shelby.

Please post where the info comes from, maybe a link would be nice...

Mike.

I NEVER understood this whole scheme of Shelby pushing themselves away from the GT500? This just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I think we need to call in Ninja :ninja: Robert to break this story wide open & expose the truth. Ninja Robert, remember to wear sand color clothing & not black (unless it's night time) to blend in with your surroundings when you go to Vegas for the real story :camera:

I think we need to call in Ninja :ninja: Robert to break this story wide open & expose the truth. Ninja Robert, remember to wear sand color clothing & not black (unless it's night time) to blend in with your surroundings when you go to Vegas for the real story :camera:

I'll second that it would be nice to get an official response...AMy B from Shelby has been posting on Brad's site and over at SVT performance...maybe someone could ask her the question. And see what she comes back with. I suspect it will be much of the same or an even better politically correct statement...than what has already been put out there in the public domain. I don't really care either way love the car...but it would have likely cost me less if that good ol boy hadn't stamped his name on the ass end of my machine.

And I suspect if we (consumers of the GT 500 hadn't helped hype up the demand the GT 350, and Hertz cars would likely not have even come about...amazing how this works...

Cheers,

Requis

Archived