TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So, I hit 145mph today and...

TAHOE GT

Guest evilchris

It takes a Jiffy Lube employee to know one. :hysterical:

Unlike you EvilChris, I have held & earned certification in all or the majority of specialty areas in a given series that earned me a Master Technician status when I was a mechanic. I also have 2 Engineering Degrees & have worked in the IRL, WSC, IPS & the real world of building production cars for a living the Last 10 years at the Plants & I still do, but now their Hotrods & GT40 replicas.

When you tell someone how to do something you have no :censored: knowledge of the skill level or mechanical ability of that individual you are talking to & for you to think that every ASE certified Ford Mechanic is Ex-Jiffy Lube employee just shows how much backyard mechanical knowledge you have to make recommendations without thinking about the person your talking to or for the safety of that person. I guess since everyone on this board can type on a keyboard that makes them & us qualifyied to do your job as an IT Person? everyone has areas they specialize in & yours seems to be a know-it-all & FU-all

Did I say every ASE certified mechanic is an ex Jiffy Lube employee? No. My point was, the cert doesn't mean you know dick as it is too easy to attain and has no integrity any longer, much like many IT certs out there. You implied that the poster I referenced better have his ASE to be giving out highly technical hood bumper adjustment tips.

What's happened here is, the usual suspects have turned this into a flame war since they can't stand the fact that I am here to stay. I love it =)

The hood bounce near the windshield is usuallly created by the turbulance at the base of the windshield. Mine was at the front corners. You could see the leading edge of the hood "rocking" on the latch in the middle.

Tahoe, I know some people have said this hood has the same "function" as the V6/GT hood...but I'd say that's not quite true. The heat extractors have the "function" of removing hot air from the engine compartment...different than the V6 and GT. Just speculation here, but since the extractors are designed to move air through the compartment, they MIGHT be contributing to the problem...and therefore this MIGHT be a different problem than people who have experienced "moving" hoods on those other models. When the air is coming up out of the extractors, it likely creates some wind dynamics under the hood.

Be careful, and hope you get it fixed.

Dave

EC: Thanks for the advise on the hood bumpers. My new GT/CS has a slight hood shimmy at 50-60 MPH on only the drivers side. When I pushed up and down on the hood corner I could feel a small amount of play on that side. the other side was tight. I screwed the drivers side bumper out a fuz, and wala - Fixed :bandance:

Chris: Also a thank you, for the master cylinder leak heads up. That fix also worked. :yup:

carnut, that was me evil kenevil. Next time I will have to not mess with a SHELBY! Did you notice I turned off @ xxxxx point? I was just trying to find out what the Shelby would do. Looked for you once I got to Fountain Hills area but you were long gone. I got 2.6mpg on way up and 22 on way down. Nice car!

Had it happen with 2 different Shelby owners on same weekend. Also just before Sunset point on I 17. Which one was you?

I was the one in front :hysterical:

Guillaume%20Louyot%20-%20Rays%20Of%20God%20.jpg

Son, if you have problems with the vehicle I have made for you, fear not I shall see to it with a swiftness not witnessed before the time that I leveled the walls of Jericho. Thy owners of yon charriot of the Gods, the Shelby Cobra GT500 shall not have to quibble with mere mortals for any issues with your automoton. Just speaketh 'Jehova' thrice and angels shall float down and adjust/repair it with the light touch of newborn kittens.

:happy feet:

May the Saints help us :eek5:

I was the one in front :hysterical:

May the Saints help us :eek5:

carnut,

yeah that last curve I picked up some turbulence and had some bad hood flutter so had to back off. I pulled over at the rest stop, changed my underwear then made a quick phone call to my buddy chrisevil. He talked to the Navigator over phone got it calmed down he then dialed into the vehicle computer and did some type of side hood calibration, I then made it safely home.

• 1 year later...

This is a little off topic but I got a question about hood and fender fitment.

Not long ago, I loosened my fender bolts and moved it in towards the hood about 1/8" as much as it would allow to get a tighter fender to hood gap to better match the other side but upon doing so, my fender now is about 1/8" inward compared to the door.

I am curious if this will add any extra wind turbulence/noise or hurt the designed aero of the car at speed.

I like to sprint up to 140 or so when the highways are clear and free and just wondering if this will have any affect at all.

Im really ticked about this as far as looks go because by solving one problem, the fender to hood gap, it now made a new eye sore, my door now sticking out farther than my front fender by a noticeable amount.

Thank you in advance, and I just read through about 5 pages of info here: It was a good read and got me thinking...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005...t-issues-3.html

This is a little off topic but I got a question about hood and fender fitment.

Not long ago, I loosened my fender bolts and moved it in towards the hood about 1/8" as much as it would allow to get a tighter fender to hood gap to better match the other side but upon doing so, my fender now is about 1/8" inward compared to the door.

I am curious if this will add any extra wind turbulence/noise or hurt the designed aero of the car at speed.

I like to sprint up to 140 or so when the highways are clear and free and just wondering if this will have any affect at all.

Im really ticked about this as far as looks go because by solving one problem, the fender to hood gap, it now made a new eye sore, my door now sticking out farther than my front fender by a noticeable amount.

Thank you in advance, and I just read through about 5 pages of info here: It was a good read and got me thinking...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005...t-issues-3.html

Now you need to adjust your, or put the fender back.

Wow, this is an old topic, Sept, '06... I thought Tahoe GT was back from the dead...

You need to put the fender back and yes it can effect the "aero"

Has RUF ever talked to you about bumping up topics from the "stoned" age :hysterical:

:slapfight:

Archived