TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Man I miss my shelby!

07hoss

Since the bad weather from the hurricane rolled in the Shelby has been sitting in my shop. Every since I got this piece of history the weather has been off and on so I have had very little chance to drive it. Oh well I did go out to the shop today in the rain and walk around it and just look at it. Oh well maybe it will clear up soon so I can drive it like I stole it!

If ya don't mind i'd like to tag along on this thread as well! I'm CHOMPING AT THE BIT (Yes, the pun IS intended!)

I bought SGT 1910 on 7/30/08 and took her back for stripe/scoop repair on 8/15/08. That's right, I drove her for 2 weeks and that was IT! Every weekend that goes by KILLS me cos I want to drive it, wash it, wax it, start ordering mods for it, etc...... I know the feeling pal, I know the feeling! Thankfully, i'm in SO CAL where it's always nice weather, however, how much you wanna make a bet we get some freaky rain storm the day I get her back? :unsure:

You Florida and California guys/gals have it made. Try putting your baby away from November to April like we northern folks have to put up with. I wonder how many coats of wax I will put on it this winter. I should have the underside spotless by April. But for now it is full speed ahead. ^_^

You Florida and California guys/gals have it made. Try putting your baby away from November to April like we northern folks have to put up with. I wonder how many coats of wax I will put on it this winter. I should have the underside spotless by April. But for now it is full speed ahead. ^_^

+100000000000000 LOL

With the baby and weather the last month I havent been able to get #14 out. I get to look at her on the showroom, but she really needs out.

Looks like another week of rain then we can get out and RIDE :shift:

michael morris

Michael:

I can't help you on the baby front (remember, I have 4 of my own), but I sure could help you out with waking up that SS and letting her stretch her legs!! :shift:

Hope all is well with the new additional and my kids and I enjoyed meeting you at the Mustang/Shelby Show at Jim Tidwell this summer.

Andy.

Or if we have a winter like last year, October through May :censored: Global "warming" my a$$ :hysterical:

you guys don't know the half of it. Try a 15 month tour to the sand box.

it will be 10 months total (separation from 08SGT1977) when I finally get to drive my Shelby again

just a few more months left though

Well, that was a humbling post. I guess putting the Shelby away for a few winter months isn’t that big of a deal when compared to 1977’s situation. Rest assured that regardless of how folks view our initial involvement in Iraq, people admire and respect the service men and women who have been asked to finish the task. Keep safe and hopefully those remaining months will go by quickly so you can get home and drive that Shelby. God speed.

you guys don't know the half of it. Try a 15 month tour to the sand box.

it will be 10 months total (separation from 08SGT1977) when I finally get to drive my Shelby again

just a few more months left though

Gods speed to you my friend. Keep safe.

Gods speed to you my friend. Keep safe.

mspmap, SoDakMac, et al,

Thank you for the continued support from back home. One of the best things about Team Shelby is the members. You guys are the greatest and a lifeline to what to look forward to. Hope to see you all down the road soon!

V/r

So the dealer calls and says they won't have the new scoop and stripes in time to finish the job this week...... There goes the 3 day weekend. :cry:

pick the car up and tell them to call you when they get the parts in and you'll bring it back....I did that recently with my dealer when i had to have the ignition switch replaced and a seat cover replaced that got cut when they removed the plastic...took it back when he called and said they had the parts in and they finished the job same day...

Yeah I thought about that..... But, the stripes are currently off of the roof (staining/peeling) and there's not scoop on the hood. I hate to be the guy driving around in a Shelby that looks "incomplete." Plus, I don't want to deal with any B.S. from the dealer and there's something else wrong/not right when I bring it back. It's in their care and THEY are responsible for it. I just think it's funny.... I'll have had the car for 5 weeks now and have only had it for 2!!!! And reading here EVERYDAY is killing me! I want to DRIVE!

I almost asked the guy if I could have one of the GO's they have on the lot as a "loaner" for the weekend! LOL! What do ya think? Think it'll fly? :)

Nah, not the case...... More or less the NEED to keep doing runs to the store for: more hot dogs, chips, soda, ketchup, etc for the weekend long BBQ's! Any good SGT owner would NEVER get all these things all in ONE run! :) I saw an earlier post about how some catch flack for taking so long doing errands that are always quicker in the daily driver. My wife has caught on to that in the past..... "why does it take you so long!"

Archived