TEAM SHELBY FORUM

R.I.P., #119...

It's sad to see when one of the ponies is put down but it's a great red flag in the registry for car # 119 is a salvage car. Someone can't buy it and change all of the tags over and make a clone and pass it off as a real one if it is listed in the registry as such. Hopefully someone interested in buying it down the road checks with SAI before they buy!

• 2 weeks later...
Stripes have been removed, and only the glue remains. Strange, isn't it?

This is a weird one. If you look at the front bumper you can see where they missed about a 1/4" of the stripe.

But more importantly if you look at the hood photo you can see the florescent lights reflection in the "missing" stripe so my opinion is that the stripes are still there and that the gold color was painted over with a dark gray or black paint. If that was stripe glue residue you wouldn't be able to see such a shiney reflection of the lights.

This would explain the 1/4" gold still showing on the front bumper where the grille covered it.

My guess is the previous owner was going for a stealth look and just didn't like the bright gold stripes.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Archived