TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Once Again Praises Our Dodge Cars In Print

Even though Carroll is cashing checks from the blue oval right now his love of the Chrysler cars has been shown many times including most recently from an article in the current issue of Road & Track magazine.

The R&T article is about the Terlingua Mustang with a V6 engine and the editor asks Carroll if the V6 Shelby was a change in direction to get better mileage out of the cars. This was Carroll's response:

"Absolutely. This horsepower race is a bunch of bu11 sh!t, but you have to keep up with the Germans. We have to make a certain number of high horsepower cars becasuse some people want them and you magazine journalists like to write about horsepower but I figure it's about over. I hope it is. Supercars have never been my deal, we need to go back to affordable performance. I like the lighter cars that are fun to drive. I've always loved pocket rockets.

Back when I was building the Shelby cars for Chrysler, people said I was going to ruin my reputation by building smaller cars. Well I don't give a sh!t about my reputation, I just want to build cars that I like to drive."

I would like to point out that Carroll has always loved his Chrysler cars and I can promise you that he has spent more time in them these past 10 years then he has his 1960's cars. Up until Carroll's reinvolvment with Ford his daily driver was a Chrysler Mini Van and he had his 1989 CSX in Vegas for use as his daily driver.

Steve

Even though Carroll is cashing checks from the blue oval right now his love of the Chrysler cars has been shown many times including most recently from an article in the current issue of Road & Track magazine.

The R&T article is about the Terlingua Mustang with a V6 engine and the editor asks Carroll if the V6 Shelby was a change in direction to get better mileage out of the cars. This was Carroll's response:

"Absolutely. This horsepower race is a bunch of bu11 sh!t, but you have to keep up with the Germans. We have to make a certain number of high horsepower cars becasuse some people want them and you magazine journalists like to write about horsepower but I figure it's about over. I hope it is. Supercars have never been my deal, we need to go back to affordable performance. I like the lighter cars that are fun to drive. I've always loved pocket rockets.

Back when I was building the Shelby cars for Chrysler, people said I was going to ruin my reputation by building smaller cars. Well I don't give a sh!t about my reputation, I just want to build cars that I like to drive."

I would like to point out that Carroll has always loved his Chrysler cars and I can promise you that he has spent more time in them these past 10 years then he has his 1960's cars. Up until Carroll's reinvolvment with Ford his daily driver was a Chrysler Mini Van and he had his 1989 CSX in Vegas for use as his daily driver.

Steve

I think it’s safe to say that those who thought it would ruin his reputation have proven themselves to have had no foresight. The Shelby Dodges were a stroke of genius that really kicked off the FWD tuner revolution. Yea, I like horse power and I like the music of my Boss 302 at 8K RPM but I really enjoy driving my 300hp 30MPG car around it in the corners and leaving it a few cars back in the qtr. mile on my way to the grocery store. No, I've never driven both at the same time but I know what both cars can do. I agree with Carroll 110%! I can't wait to have him sign the Birthday Car at Terlingua.

I agree with Carroll 110%! I can't wait to have him sign the Birthday Car at Terlingua.

James

Carroll knows two Dodge cars are running at Terlingua but he doesn't know one of them is going to be the Birthday car. I'm confident that Carroll will have a smile on his face when he recognizes your car from 20 years ago. Bring your camera.

Steve

James

Carroll knows two Dodge cars are running at Terlingua but he doesn't know one of them is going to be the Birthday car. I'm confident that Carroll will have a smile on his face when he recognizes your car from 20 years ago. Bring your camera.

Steve

I defintely will. Cindy said you guys had a log book on the car. If so any chance of getting hold of it?

Archived