TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'Back In Black' project COMPLETE!

pitpup

How did you do the hood?

The hood was removed from the car and shot with gloss black. Here's a link to the whole process. Very cool, if I say so myself:

Back In Black - The Process

Give it a look. :headspin:

Glad to hear you like the tune!

My first dyno pull numbers were not what they should have been.

I'm taking the car to a dyno tuner on Thurs and we'll see if he can't get me up to a more respectable level.

I'm still very interested in the N/A Cam route. The S/C is prolly the way to go, but something intrigues me about the N/A direction you took. Hell, I could be happy with just the tunes, but I'm starting to lean BACK towards the cams as opposed to the s/c.

Thursday will be here soon enough. I'll be checking in on your progress. Fingers crossed!

Fantasy racing! Very cool, pitpup.

What a great idea -- and why not ... there's fantasy everything-else out there.

I like your site too -- no BS, straight-forward... good luck!!!

-Dan

Thanks Dan. Just stroked about 20 checks (the last for this year). One of them was for $3100. It was for a guy who joined up three years ago. I believe his Christmas is 'set'... haha.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hood was removed from the car and shot with gloss black. Here's a link to the whole process. Very cool, if I say so myself:

Back In Black - The Process

Give it a look. :headspin:

I'm still very interested in the N/A Cam route. The S/C is prolly the way to go, but something intrigues me about the N/A direction you took. Hell, I could be happy with just the tunes, but I'm starting to lean BACK towards the cams as opposed to the s/c.

Thursday will be here soon enough. I'll be checking in on your progress. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Dan. Just stroked about 20 checks (the last for this year). One of them was for $3100. It was for a guy who joined up three years ago. I believe his Christmas is 'set'... haha.

Hey Pitpup,

I see your located in NJ, I'm in Delaware. Once my car gets here we should try and meet up. I'd love to see your car in person. I'm going to have Evolution Performance in Aston Pa do the tuning on my car. Since your close you could check with them on doing cams vs the supercharger.

Hey Pitpup,

I see your located in NJ, I'm in Delaware. Once my car gets here we should try and meet up. I'd love to see your car in person. I'm going to have Evolution Performance in Aston Pa do the tuning on my car. Since your close you could check with them on doing cams vs the supercharger.

Wow, I'm going thru DE all the time on my way to MD so see the kinfolk, haha. I'd have no trouble stopping by on the way back from MD some Sunday. Perhaps this spring?

90 & Pup - I'm in eastern NC - we could meet up in Norfolk - with mastersmech and scgt! :happy feet:

I remember Norfolk well, RUF. Was stationed there in the Navy. It's a nice drive and I was just thru those parts October 19th. On my way to Lake Gaston, NC. Sounds like a good idea. :party2:

Hey wait a minute, I live kind of in the middle of you two. We could meet in the middle somewhere like Bernie's Tavern in Wilmington. My friend Tom owns the place. They make a mean chicken cheesesteak...

Bernie's Tavern, I think I know where that is. It's right near the train station and the new court house correct??? We could have a east coast StangsUnleashed get together!!!

Wow, I'm going thru DE all the time on my way to MD so see the kinfolk, haha. I'd have no trouble stopping by on the way back from MD some Sunday. Perhaps this spring?

I remember Norfolk well, RUF. Was stationed there in the Navy. It's a nice drive and I was just thru those parts October 19th. On my way to Lake Gaston, NC. Sounds like a good idea. :party2:

Cool, I'll have my car by then and some mods done to it. :happy feet:

That's too funny, 90GT. I recently registered over at East Coast Stangs. They had a full day out there in Atco this past Monday but I could not attend. Did YOU make it? I like they way those guys think, though. Will have to keep my eye on that site...

What's the link to the site, I had no idea they even existed. :doh:

What I like about these guys... they reserved the track (Atco) for the day this past Monday. No, I didn't go, but I plan to the next time they do this. Imagine 15-20 cars and all the runs you could possibly want. Perhaps a bit pricey, but how often do you do this?

So this coming spring perhaps I'll get the chance to hang with the bad mo fo's in the FoMoCo's!!

Archived