TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'Back In Black' project COMPLETE!

pitpup

GeezOhMan! Haven't made the third payment and I decided to pull the trigger on my Steeda Q_Wannabe! I got the car back from the shop on Friday. The hood and splitter were done. I installed the Midwest Auto Gear mirrors and Steeda Sidewinder stripes on Sunday. Stripes were a two hour job (by myself). I'm totally diggin' the new look. No regrets...

Back_In_Black_001.jpg

Back_In_Black_002.jpg

Back_In_Black_003.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesone, Stan!

A friend told me that Hella is now making fogs that look black when off -- the ones he saw were rectangular halogen add-ons, but I'm wondering if they make round replacements.. that would look cool, I think. Meant to mention that in the other thread, Stan but just remembered.

Good luck with her!

-Dan

<edit:> they're Hella Black Magic (<--an example)

<edit:> Tire Rack says they're about 7" halogens -- should fit??

Awesone, Stan!

A friend told me that Hella is now making fogs that look black when off -- the ones he saw were rectangular halogen add-ons, but I'm wondering if they make round replacements.. that would look cool, I think. Meant to mention that in the other thread, Stan but just remembered.

Good luck with her!

-Dan

<edit:> they're Hella Black Magic (<--an example)

<edit:> Tire Rack says they're about 7" halogens -- should fit??

I have em on my Toyota Tacoma. Awesome lights but in a fog light application you will blind the crap out of people. :hysterical:

post-6180-1159245116_thumb.jpgpost-6180-1159245230_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1159245116_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1159245230_thumb.jpg

Dude! That's a great looking paint scheme!

Thank you!

Most excellent.

And one of a kind.

Congrats. :rockon:

LOL, until somebody in NJ buys a REAL Steeda... which may be a while! (Grabber Orange at least.) TYVM!

Looks awsome!

Thanky!

Very nice!!!! Looks awesome!!!

Now all you need is some centered fogs and Steeda Ultralight wheels to complete the look!!!! :woohoo:

Will def. be sticking with the orig grill and bullitts. I do like the ultra-lites... but like the bullitts more...

Here's a quick compare shot from the front...

Comparo_2.jpg

:yahoo: Pitpup: Your make over turned out great. The Grabber Orange is a super color, but the black accents really give it some contrast that is very unique. Bold move dude. :rockon: The chin spoiler is totally cool. - good choice

I'm LMFFAO... 'Bold move dude'... I'm rippin' on Steeda, you're rippin' on Ford... gotta love it. Two words on this project. 'No Regrets!' Not one thing I'd do differently. I'd thought about going with their complete front end for the '07... not just the splitter. But there were too many holes in the front of the car. I understand what the holes were for. Just too busy for me. (Gee, do I NEED brake ducts? Ha, ha...)

Glad you like it. People have come up to me and said I'm too old too be driving a car 'that cool'. (Now there's a left handed compliment!) I just say 'thank you'. :D

..........and the wheels ain't bad either! :rockon:

And you know... I ordered those from the factory because I had not seen (nor have I seen now) an aftermarket wheel I like better. Because they look so much like the old Crager S/S wheels, I doubt I'll ever change to something else. (Thank you!)

Glad you like it. People have come up to me and said I'm too old too be driving a car 'that cool'. (Now there's a left handed compliment!) I just say 'thank you'. :D

Some people are stupid. I get comments about my "mid-life crisis" car. I tell them you can't have a mid-life crisis unless you gross up first. Maybe you should say that they are too young to be off of the training wheels.

Some people are stupid. I get comments about my "mid-life crisis" car. I tell them you can't have a mid-life crisis unless you gross up first. Maybe you should say that they are too young to be off of the training wheels.

If there is such a thing as mid-life crisis, then I must have had it since I was fourteen and I intend on having until I croak. Who says you can't have fun when you get a little older, fun is not reserved for the training wheel crowd. :rockon:

1. Einstein was gay.

2. Third payment? I haven't made payment 1 yet!

3. Plato said, "Intelligence is knowing what you don't know."

4. CVS is developing pics of the Rufstang as I type! Forthcoming. :rockon:

I remember back when people developed pictures :poke:

:hysterical:

Looks Sweet....

Hey are the rims the Polished or Chrome. I'm like that style of rim also and was looking to go Chrome, but I was thinking it might be too much on all black GT.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin,

Those are the 18" polished bullitts. 64W on the order sheet...

Stan

Pictures? Hell, I used to shoot slides exclusively.

Sheeeeeeeeeit. I can recall my early days with hammer and chisel... ROOKIES!

Very hot!

Just my 2c - how about painting the chin spoiler black?

It looks very sweet, man. :rockon:

The chin spoiler was put on to make the front more agressive. To paint it black (IMHO) would only disguise it and make the front look stock again (weak chin). I like the way the Steeda splitter follows the beveled lines of the stock bumper. I wanted it to be very prominent.

Stan

...and the side valance? :rockon:

To paint it black looks too much like the V6 or Shelby. Absolutely LOVE the color coded side valance. I also love the window on the C pillar. Only the '66 Shelby had those. Many S197 owners are covering that window with a louver. Mine will never be covered. Love the look!

Stan

The chin spoiler was put on to make the front more agressive. To paint it black (IMHO) would only disguise it and make the front look stock again (weak chin). I like the way the Steeda splitter follows the beveled lines of the stock bumper. I wanted it to be very prominent.

Stan

To paint it black looks too much like the V6 or Shelby. Absolutely LOVE the color coded side valance. I also love the window on the C pillar. Only the '66 Shelby had those. Many S197 owners are covering that window with a louver. Mine will never be covered. Love the look!

Stan

Stan, hope you don't mind (I'm not great in Photoshop) but I took the liberty of playing with your ride a bit -- sort of a blend of styles -- though she looks awesome just as she is ;-)

post-4902-1159561695_thumb.jpg

-Dan

post-4902-1159561695_thumb.jpg

Archived