TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'Back In Black' project COMPLETE!

pitpup

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash, you don't like my pitpup-2 'concept'???

Sheesh! I thought I dun good ;)

.---------------------

Thanks, Ruf. Have you noiced that the red 'stang to the left of this window (at the top of the sidbar column) has a pink pedal-car 'playmate?' ....and I didn't do it! really!!! <lol>

Stan, hope you don't mind (I'm not great in Photoshop) but I took the liberty of playing with your ride a bit -- sort of a blend of styles -- though she looks awesome just as she is ;-)

post-4902-1159561695_thumb.jpg

-Dan

Good work, Dan. But I hope you won't be offended if I keep 'er the way she is. FYI, I'd thought about the center fogs mod but decided to scrap it when I blew off the 10" LeMans stripes for the Mach 1 look, which had the fogs on the outside.

You may remember a chop I uploaded weeks ago where someone had touched up my ride when photographed in front of a school. Here it is again:

El_Diablo_025.jpg

There's just so much you can do with these cars. And Flash... be nice! The man worked hard to throw the 'Deuce' together...

Stan

Good work, Dan. But I hope you won't be offended if I keep 'er the way she is. Stan

<lol> not in the least, Stan ...your ride is gorgeous just as is -- was just playin'. Ford's 'stang motto is so right-on: "A Steed for Every Need!"

That Mach is a nice modern interpretation, right down to the historically-correct lettering -- looks like it rolled off a factory line!

<lol> not in the least, Stan ...your ride is gorgeous just as is -- was just playin'. Ford's 'stang motto is so right-on: "A Steed for Every Need!"

That Mach is a nice modern interpretation, right down to the historically-correct lettering -- looks like it rolled off a factory line!

I believe someone went and added the 'Twister' graphic to the rear quarter panel, too. Funny how you have an eye for certain details. It looked good either way.

I believe someone went and added the 'Twister' graphic to the rear quarter panel, too. Funny how some people have an eye for certain details. It looked good either way.

You gonna wear that camera out brudda...I have really been missing Flash this week since the weather has been prime convertible weather..you going to the Willow Grove show on 10/22?

That's funny. I ordered a Kodak Z650 two days ago. How did you know? LOL! I will not be at the 10/22 show as I will be in NC. I WILL be at the 10/14 show in Moorestown, NJ. My last hurrah of the year and my first judged show with the new look. Should be fun.

:bandance:

Very hot.

Thank you!

Now...may I suggest a black Shelby rear spoiler?.....

Ummm, NO!

I don't want people to think I'm a poser. Thought about the black wing, but in the end, decided it just wasn't for me. Good suggestion, though! I want people to think about the '69 Machs but don't want to do a tribute car, as much as I love them (and as much as they have influenced me). I want this puppy to stand on its own.

Here's a shot of the front splitter when we 'dry fitted' it the morning I dropped it off.

01_DryFit.jpg

It just doesn't work for me. Now imagine the back of the car with a black wing... you get the idea! Here's a shot I really like because you see the front of the car in the foreground and the back of the car in the glass doors behind the car... Who's the picture whore NOW?

Back_In_Black_009.jpg

That's funny. I ordered a Kodak Z650 two days ago. How did you know? LOL! I will not be at the 10/22 show as I will be in NC. I WILL be at the 10/14 show in Moorestown, NJ. My last hurrah of the year and my first judged show with the new look. Should be fun.

:bandance:

Good luck brudda. Sorry I can't be there. Its BYC Bulldogs vs. Folsom Falcons that day. Should be a blowout. Go dogs.

I wasn't thinking of any sort of cloning - I was just thinking about a little black in back to balance out the black in the front!

Where did you buy the front splitter? I like it. Not overdone. :rockon:

I have always wanted to leave the wing orange, BUT! I did think about the honeycomb black out panel that fits nicely between the tail lights. That would give me some black in back (evil twist, eh?).

I decided against this for two reasons. 1- The honeycomb would be a b!tch to keep clean. I know I could paint it or use a different piece that is NOT honeycomb which brings me to reason 2- The side stripes fade from jet black to all orange... or, as you move to the back of the car, the black sort of 'disappears'. (See qtr panel behind doors.) So it kinda fits that theme*.

* Justify!

Stan

Okay!

Just one of my frequent pointless thoughts! :baby:

And you bought the splitter where?.....

Damn, I AM losing it, lol. I saw your question and forgot to tell ya. Sorry. It's from Steeda. It's the fiberglass unit, NOT the ABS. Their website is confusing. The ABS unit is the original and is much bigger. I like their new fiberglass splitter much better.

here's some black in back

Very nice. Are you leaving the faux gas cap off of the car? Actually, it would look good either way, fruitjr67.

That's very different -- nice look! How did you black-out the lights? Dows that panel betw the lights cover the filler?

I filled in the holes and put vinyl on the back. The taillights, I tinted with window tint. For now I plan on leaving the fake gas cap off

post-3547-1160231442_thumb.jpg

post-3547-1160231442_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like I've turned 180 degrees and decided to go with the Honeycomb panel (Silverhorse Racing) after all. A local guy here had his for sale for $75 (Normally $150 & s/h) so I picked it up and put it on thinking... I can always take it off and sell it if I don't like it. Weather here has been poopy, so here's a quick shot (morning rain no extra charge) to show you how 'Back In Black' looks today.

Back_In_Black_013.jpg

It looks nice PP. Great price on the piece. Why did the guy sell it?

You know, Rob. I didn't ask. Didn't care. It looks brand new. I do know that he did black out the tail of his GT after removing this. He went with a smooth, flat black look. It adds about 3rwhp so what do I care? :spiteful:

You know, Rob. I didn't ask. Didn't care. It looks brand new. I do know that he did black out the tail of his GT after removing this. He went with a smooth, flat black look. It adds about 3rwhp so what do I care? :spiteful:

Help me here - How does that add HP?

Help me here - How does that add HP?

It's honeycomb shaped, ergo it attracts bees. This causes large swarms of bees to accumulate near the rear of the car... and reduce drag as the air flows over the swarm... Ummm, am I going to fast for you there, Rob? :lol2:

It's honeycomb shaped, ergo it attracts bees. This causes large swarms of bees to accumulate near the rear of the car... and reduce drag as the air flows over the swarm... Ummm, am I going to fast for you there, Rob? :lol2:

You crack me up :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Archived