TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Signature

olblue1062

Care to share your thoughts on obtaining Carroll's signature for the SGT.

I know it's $250 + to obtain and supports his childrens foundation.

What was your experience with this process, location of signature, etc.

I certainly think it would be a nice addition to the car. What say you?

I say go for it. There will come a time that you wont be able to get his signature so why put yourself thru that by saying if only I had gotten it back in August 2008 when I could have.

Also the donation to the Childrens Fund has been on a steady increase these past couple of years. Lets just say I don't expect the price to go down so that only leaves one other direction if you get my hint.

Steve

I say go for it if you can spare the extra money and i believe 100%of the donation goes to the childrens foundation which is an awsome thing Mr Shelby is doing. Some Shelby owners are getting the sun visors signed some owners are getting the center console armrest and most popular is the passenger side air bag cover signed. There have been instructions on how to remove the cover safely on this website and is not too hard to remove. I am not sure what link its on but some members should. If you get anything signed dont forget to add small labels on the item like left or right top or bottom sometimes the signatiures are signed in the wrong position its hard to tell when the parts are off the vehicle .

I don't see any reason not to. I don't own a Shelby (maybe one day, but so far it's eluded me) , but my enthusiasm for Shelbys products has led to get, for now, a total of four Shelby autographs. My favorite if of a photo I took in the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn. I also got Richard Petty to sign it...

The money paid to Shelby I know goes to a good cause, and although Petty does not charge for his autograph, I did make a donation to the Victory Junction Gang Camp in appreciation for what he did. Another good cause as well.

(Obviously this is before they signed it.)

post-11909-1219533603_thumb.jpg

post-11909-1219533603_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I say go for it!!! I agree it does go towards a great cause. I get questioned a lot about its legitimacy so I keep a copy of the authenticity card.....

DSC02991.jpg

DSC03008-1.jpg

Hmm...I don't have an authenticity card with mine. Maybe I need to pay to get the card?

Carroll signed mine while I was deployed and it sat in the Shelby Museum. I don't even have a picture to prove it. Hate to get called a poser since I already get asked if the SC stands for Shelby Clone.

:headscratch:

Concur - this is a great way to personalize your car and do something good for children in need of medical care. The total, including $15 dollar shipping is $265 for one car part.

Mr. Shelby will even add your CSM # or other personal note or message you may or may not want to add.

"#1977"

"Dear John"

"Go Navy"

"Your Friend"

etc.

Essentially since you are making the contribution, you can request a custom note in addition to the autograph if you like.

You will also get a letter of authenticity addressed to you thanking you for your generous contribution from your "Cobra Friend", Carroll Shelby which is a very nice touch and momento!

Hmm...I don't have an authenticity card with mine. Maybe I need to pay to get the card?

Carroll signed mine while I was deployed and it sat in the Shelby Museum. I don't even have a picture to prove it. Hate to get called a poser since I already get asked if the SC stands for Shelby Clone.

:headscratch:

Well, at least if you know its the real deal I wouldn't be too worried about it :dance: . I just don't like to be called out so I keep a copy of the card in my car but in reality only a handful of people go the extra mile to call someone out.

Archived