TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motorcraft 5W-50 What are you guys paying ?

Grabber

Local Dealer cut me a price of 7 Dollars a QT for the 5w-50 motorcraft.

And the correct Motorcraft filter is at Wallmart for 4 Dollars and change..................

Wow, that's a great price. I hope you bought 2 cases.

He lost 97 cents a quart on that sale according from what I have been told from my dealer.

Castrol 5W50 should also be fine, imo. If I recall it states it meets the -A Ford spec (early F-GT spec) but not the -B spec (that the motorcraft site now shows for the F-GT and that the GT500 specs). That was back last year so possibly the Castrol labelling has been updated now too? Dunno if true, but in late 2006 our local Ford dealer parts manager told me Castrol supplies the Motorcraft 5W50 :shrug:

I agree that the standard 820S filter should be fine but if planning some road-course fun I've read the Racing filter offers reduced flow restriction (more filter media), which can't hurt for constant hi-rpm use on a road course, and higher burst-strength which is not likely a consideration on a GT500 at any rpm.

The Racing filer (6731-820) offers:

-Synthetic-Polymer/Cellulose-Fiber blend media

-Heavy gage base and canister for higher burst strength and impulse fatigue resistance

-High quality silicone anti-drain back valveNon-stick sealing gasket for ease of installation and removal

-Long life with standard and synthetic motor oils

-Up to 50% more filtering capacity then standard filters

-Improved filtering efficiency

-This technology is only available through Ford Racing Performance Parts.

The Ford filters are like 3.50 at Wal Mart and I just bought a 5 gallon bucket of Schaeffer's 5W50 which ends up costing me about $5/quart. This will be my first change with the Schaeffer oil. Only time will tell if I keep using it. Otherwise I will go back to the Castrol.

That $7.24 rate for the filter must be a standard rate. That's what I paid.

I get my Motorcraft FL-820S filters at Walmart for less than $4.00 each.

O.K. $3.68 for 820S Motorcraft Oil Filter and Oil ;Royal P. is $7.98, Castrol is $5.48(not on sale this week,and not all the stores have 5W50, but AutoZone usually does for around the same prices) and Mobile one is $6.68 at PartsAmerica.com (Advanced Auto Store locally in PA).

I don't know the breakdown but last time my oil was changed at the dealership it cost me $95.

Mine cost me $68.99 to do it myself. I enjoy doing it, and it takes away the risk of something happening to your car at the dealership. That's a HUGE plus in my book.

O.K. $3.68 for 820S Motorcraft Oil Filter and Oil ;Royal P. is $7.98, Castrol is $5.48(not on sale this week,and not all the stores have 5W50, but AutoZone usually does for around the same prices) and Mobile one is $6.68 at PartsAmerica.com (Advanced Auto Store locally in PA).

I noticed that you put down Mobil1... I had looked for a 5W50 from them and was told that they make it, but that it's not available in the US market. Can you get this weight of oil in PA from Mobil1!?

That would be AWESOME. I looked on their website but they just had 5W40 listed...

If it cost $95, then chances are the dealer put in the right type of oil; I'd be worried if it only cost $40.

True. However, who is to say that they didn't put in the "normal" stuff but charge you for the expensive stuff? Recently I have noticed if you call a dealership and talk to the service department, the couple I talked with didn't have the 5W-50 on hand. Moral to the story, make sure you call ahead of time to ensure they will have the correct oil in stock the day of the oil change. Otherwise I'd be afraid that the Oil TECH would just slap in the "normal" stuff and call it good.

hi guys,i live in canada and just got back from my home town ford dealership.

FL 820 S filter was $6.55 and motorcraft 5w-50 full synthetic oil was $6.88 a liter which is about .9461 of a quart.

bill was $61.82 canadian with all taxes in,not bad.

this is just the regular price with no discounts,i think you guys in the usa are paying more?

by the way the 7 liters of oil i bought works out to 6.62 quarts of oil,just a tad bit more,so the last bottle i add will be about 3/4 of that bottle.

hi guys,i live in canada and just got back from my home town ford dealership.

FL 820 S filter was $6.55 and motorcraft 5w-50 full synthetic oil was $6.88 a liter which is about .9461 of a quart.

bill was $61.82 canadian with all taxes in,not bad.

this is just the regular price with no discounts,i think you guys in the usa are paying more?

by the way the 7 liters of oil i bought works out to 6.62 quarts of oil,just a tad bit more,so the last bottle i add will be about 3/4 of that bottle.

Hmmmm.... :headscratch:

7 liters is about 7.4 quarts -- a liter (33.792 oz.) is slightly larger than a quart (32 oz.) ...calculator

Whatever you do stay away from this site -- they must have been on some serious drugs when they programmed it :hysterical:

Hmmmm.... :headscratch:

7 liters is about 7.4 quarts -- a liter (33.792 oz.) is slightly larger than a quart (32 oz.) ...calculator

Whatever you do stay away from this site -- they must have been on some serious drugs when they programmed it :hysterical:

thanks 68fastback,thats the info the guy gave me over the counter,i guess he wants me to damage my engine :headscratch:

Archived