TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motorcraft 5W-50 What are you guys paying ?

Grabber

I'm curious as to what you guys are paying for Motorcraft 5W-50 Full synthetic Oil for your GT500s. What is your dealership charging you?

Last year I paid $8.75 a quart at a dealership in Beaverton, Oregon.

Today I paid $9.50 a quart at my dealership in Vancouver, Washington.

The filter is $7.24.

I always have to beat them down to get this price to. They tell me it lists for $12.83 a quart and they have to pay $7.98 a quart for it. :banghead:

Has anyone bought oil from this on line outfit?

http://k-mansparts.com/items/motorcraft-fi...-qgt-detail.htm

They advertise it for $7.83 a quart, but I was wondering how much the shipping is??? A case of oil is heavy and in a big box so the deal is most likely not as good as it sounds.

Today I bought enough for 2 oil changes. 13 quarts and 2 filters.

Your looking at $137.98.

....and my Harley dog that follows me everywhere I go. :hysterical:

:dog:

Motorcraftoil004.jpg

I remember fainting when I got the bill, but don't remember how much I paid.

btw - Love the dog! What's his name? Harley?

Yep....That's Harley. He's my 2 year old YorkyPoo. Great dog, with a ton of personality. He has become a family member here at the Grabber Household. I took a couple pic's of him tonight.

Harley8-22-08001.jpg

Harley8-22-08002.jpg

Harley8-22-08003.jpg

Harley8-22-08004.jpg

I paid $9 a quart the last time I went and that was after the parts salesman gave me a 10% discount because of "how expensive it was". I told him it was expensive and I don't think he believed me until he looked it up. He then about fell off the chair he was on and said "yep, it's expensive oil but I'll give you 10% off since it ain't cheap"! :hysterical: I thought it was a pretty cool gesture and seems to be inline with what people have been paying.

I paid $9 a quart the last time I went and that was after the parts salesman gave me a 10% discount because of "how expensive it was". I told him it was expensive and I don't think he believed me until he looked it up. He then about fell off the chair he was on and said "yep, it's expensive oil but I'll give you 10% off since it ain't cheap"! :hysterical: I thought it was a pretty cool gesture and seems to be inline with what people have been paying.

My parts guy said the same thing. It's expensive he says. I said how exoensive. He says ....um, well it's $12.83 list. I said....well um I got it in Beaverton last year for 8 bucks a quart. :hysterical: He said, that's impossible because they would of only made a few pennies on each quart.

He then said "the best I can do is $9.50 a quart".

Has anyone bought oil from this on line outfit?

http://k-mansparts.com/items/motorcraft-fi...-qgt-detail.htm

They advertise it for $7.83 a quart, but I was wondering how much the shipping is??? A case of oil is heavy and in a big box so the deal is most likely not as good as it sounds.

I bought 14 quarts plus 2 filters from K-man several months ago. Don't remember exactly how much I paid - but I do remember that even including the shipping it was cheaper than from my local dealer at the time.

Service and shipping was prompt with K-man & I'd buy from him again.

hey grabber,here is a real cute girl friend your harley would love to :censored::drool:

just kidding :hysterical:

my dogs name is CHICKLET she is a 7 year old shitsu. your dog is a real beauty too!

boy that ford oil is expensive,i think i will buy royal purple in the same grade instead.

post-5661-1219459358_thumb.jpg

post-5661-1219459358_thumb.jpg

hey grabber,here is a real cute girl friend your harley would love to :censored::drool:

my dogs name is CHICKLET she is a 7 year old shitsu. your dog is a real beauty too!

boy that ford oil is expensive,i think i will buy royal purple in the same grade instead.

I don't think Royal Purple makes a 5W50 and I beleive they said last year they have no plan to :shrug:

Harley and Chicklet are cool!! ;-)

I'm sure Harley would fine Chicklet sexy. :hysterical:

Not sure what you would call the cross breed of a shitsu and a YorkyPoo.

Maybe a $hittypoo.

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

I'm sure Harley would fine Chicklet sexy. :hysterical:

Not sure what you would call the cross breed of a shitsu and a YorkyPoo.

Maybe a $hittypoo.

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

:hysterical::drool::hysterical:

i think your right 68fastback about royal purple not having the 5w30.i will look into it!

I get my Motorcraft FL-820S filters at Walmart for less than $4.00 each.

I will check our local Walmart to see if they carry them. If so...I will pick up 2 of them. I changed my oil a couple weeks ago, so I'm good for 6 months. That will put me into Feb 2009 when it's snowing, so I won't need to change it untill I bring my car out of hibernation in the Spring of 2009...say March or April. Then the next change will be in 0ctober of 2009, but then again my car will be in hybernation again....and will not need it untill Spring of 2010

I guess what I am saying is that I have oil and filters to get me into Q-1 of 2010.

Chicklet better back off! My Yorky Chloe will put up a fight for Harley. :wub:

DSC06069.jpg

I bought 3 cases of Motorcraft 5w50 from my dealer on 6/10/08 and the invoice showed list at $9.67 a quart. He gave me some off of that after arguing with his oil supplier on the phone for a few minutes, while making sure it was the -B spec oil. Apparently the distributor has a little leeway in his pricing, too. Crude oil was about $135 a barrel, then.

I payed $76.43 out the door for 7 quarts, a filter and shipping from k-man. Service was great and delivery was quick.

So the advertised price of $7.83 per quart ends up costing you about $9.88 per quart by the time it's shipped. This is what I was afraid of.

OIL $9.88 X 7qts = $69.16

1 FILTER = $7.24

Total = $76.43

You ended up paying $2.66 more than me. However.....I spent that in gas, so it's a wash.

So the advertised price of $7.83 per quart ends up costing you about $9.88 per quart by the time it's shipped. This is what I was afraid of.

OIL $9.88 X 7qts = $69.16

1 FILTER = $7.24

Total = $76.43

You ended up paying $2.66 more than me. However.....I spent that in gas, so it's a wash.

Pretty much, but, then again, the cheapest I could find it around me was about $10.50 a quart, so it worked out fine for me :) You could try asking K-Man if they can discount it if you buy in bulk, that way you come out ahead.

Anyone using Castrol Syntec full synthetic 5w50? I just bought it for $6.79 per quart. I'm using the Ford Racing filter with it. Opinions?

The Castrol will work just fine. Some of our members called SVT and were told it is ok to use. The racing oil filter is not helpful nor worth the money for the GT500 line. The standard Mustang filter will be good.

Does anyone know how the Motorcraft stands up? I've always been a Mobil1 guy myself, and I know others are partial to royal purple, castrol syntec, etc... and I know Motorcraft is what they recommend, but I'm not really up to speed on it....

I'm going to send a sample in to get tested at my second oil change coming up, for those who are interested. Since we obviously are limited to a select few makes of oil because of the weight, I want to make sure that we're using the right stuff.

I think I payed $9.76 a quart here in Ohio, and $7 for the filter.

Archived