TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP mufflers used on super snake package?

Does anyone know specifically which FRPP mufflers are included with the super snake package?

From what I've gathered so far and from talking with SVT, I believe it is either the M-5230-SGT or the M-5230-SVT1, where the SVT1 is legal in California and the other is not. From the SS parts brochure, it looks like the 50 state model - SVT1.

It's also possible that you have both options - not sure.

In any event, I'm looking for some more rumble on my GT500 vert (2008) and I really like the way the SS sounds. When I spoke with SVT, they also mentioned that at one time there were drone concerns because people were putting the 5GT model on GT500's, which was designed for the regular GT 4.6L. The SGT and SVT1 models, however, were designed specifically for the GT500, and supposedly have negligible drone:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9872

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9950

Can anyone confirm the part # for the super snake on this?

Thanks for any info!

Only choice is the Borla Cat-Back system, Part # 140222. BTW, Borla is the manufacturer for all the FRPP exhausts. The mufflers that come with the cat-back system are the 50 State legal M-5230-SVT1. They say Borla on them vs. Ford Racing.

Only choice is the Borla Cat-Back system, Part # 140222. BTW, Borla is the manufacturer for all the FRPP exhausts. The mufflers that come with the cat-back system are the 50 State legal M-5230-SVT1. They say Borla on them vs. Ford Racing.

• 2 weeks later...
I changed my SS mufflers to SGTs and I love them. Im trying to get a clip of the car driving, but havent had time.

The SS mufflers are Borla touring. I didnt think they were loud enough.

MM

They are the Borlas. Remember, Michael, loud is opinion! ;)

BTW, palacekeeper, did I meet you yesterday at Tasca? There are not too many red-stripe GT500s (that I know of) doing the Super Snake conversion...

edit- never mind- I remembered he was from NY.

By the way, the show was great in spite of the weather (Tasca held the rest of it indoors, no car show per se, but lots of cool stuff and somer really cool cars inside).

Chris

They are the Borlas. Remember, Michael, loud is opinion! ;)

BTW, palacekeeper, did I meet you yesterday at Tasca? There are not too many red-stripe GT500s (that I know of) doing the Super Snake conversion...

edit- never mind- I remembered he was from NY.

By the way, the show was great in spite of the weather (Tasca held the rest of it indoors, no car show per se, but lots of cool stuff and somer really cool cars inside).

Chris

Im sorry Chris. You are correct. They werent loud enough for ME. Most folks are OK with the sound, but I wanted it different. Nothing wrong with the what comes on the SS, but I wanted something more AGGRESSIVE.

Chris I wasnt putting down the SS, cause you know I LOVE MINE!!!! He was asking about exhaust and I gave my opinion.

Sorry for the confussion

MM

Archived