TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bummed about the SAI Museum being closed in Oct?? READ THIS!

Shelbylvr

Hello All!

I posted this in Amy's thread, but wanted to make sure the information got out to everyone.

If you are bummed about the museum being closed in the month of October-DONT BE!-- We WILL be offering a FACTORY tour during the month of October. :happy feet:

Here are the facts:

-The museum will be shut down for the entire month of October. Every car thats currently housed in our museum will be moved OUT until the renovations are complete.

-The gift shop, will also be closed during the month of October. The gift shop is housed in the museum, which is the reason why it will be closed. It will reopen with the museum in November.

-The FACTORY TOUR will be at the same time it is now, M-F (excluding holidays) @ 10:30AM ONLY. It's one tour a day, so make sure you are aware of the time!

-The FACTORY TOUR consists of the main production facility (Where the Super Snake, 40th Anniversary and KR vehicles are currently in production) as well as the COBRA shop. You will also have the oppertunity to add your signature to the infamous S H E L B Y wall! :)

The tour will start outside the front doors of Shelby Automobiles. If you happen to arrive early, please feel free to jump down to the cafe' which is within walking distance. The cafe' is open for breakfast. Have a cup of coffee, a muffin if you wish. The cafe' has a great feel to it, and you will enjoy all the SHELBY memorabilia inside!

If you have any questions regarding the tour, please feel free to contact me @ Adriennew@shelbyautos.com.

Thanks!

Hello All!

I posted this in Amy's thread, but wanted to make sure the information got out to everyone.

If you are bummed about the museum being closed in the month of October-DONT BE!-- We WILL be offering a FACTORY tour during the month of October. :happy feet:

Here are the facts:

-The museum will be shut down for the entire month of October. Every car thats currently housed in our museum will be moved OUT until the renovations are complete.

-The gift shop, will also be closed during the month of October. The gift shop is housed in the museum, which is the reason why it will be closed. It will reopen with the museum in November.

-The FACTORY TOUR will be at the same time it is now, M-F (excluding holidays) @ 10:30AM ONLY. It's one tour a day, so make sure you are aware of the time!

-The FACTORY TOUR consists of the main production facility (Where the Super Snake, 40th Anniversary and KR vehicles are currently in production) as well as the COBRA shop. You will also have the oppertunity to add your signature to the infamous S H E L B Y wall! :)

The tour will start outside the front doors of Shelby Automobiles. If you happen to arrive early, please feel free to jump down to the cafe' which is within walking distance. The cafe' is open for breakfast. Have a cup of coffee, a muffin if you wish. The cafe' has a great feel to it, and you will enjoy all the SHELBY memorabilia inside!

If you have any questions regarding the tour, please feel free to contact me @ Adriennew@shelbyautos.com.

Thanks!

If you are there in October come by and see Robert and I we will be living there by then :happy feet:

If you are there in October come by and see Robert and I we will be living there by then :happy feet:

Wow, I knew that you and Robert were dedacated, but you're actually going to live at SAI? I'm impressed! Will your quarters be part of the tour? :hysterical::hysterical:

Yes but I get the top bunk :hysterical::hysterical:

Well, it could be worse. It least you won't have to sleep in the back seat of one of the museum cars! :hysterical:

Why do you think the museum is being expanded :lol2:

Gotta make room for their stuff.

Steve

I have requested the biggest office with a private bathroom as part of my terms for moving there. Here's the response I got back:

:hysterical::confused::hysterical3:

I guess that means I'll take the smaller one.

:titanic:

Bummer. I was hoping it would be done so I could see the new old Dodges when I come out for the Barrett Jackson auction in Oct... Oh well, next time.

It will be great to see the Dodges in the museum. :yup:

Robert and Sharon could always live with Bud, Beth and the THREE legged cat!!!!

michael morris

Hey, the more the merrier!!!!!! At least I would have a COOL car in my driveway!!!! Oh, you can't forget about the other family members :)

all3.jpg

Bud

Hey, the more the merrier!!!!!! At least I would have a COOL car in my driveway!!!! Oh, you can't forget about the other family members :)

all3.jpg

Bud

We will have a big family with my three dogs :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
Adrienne, my brother and I will be there October 9th - 12th to celebrate his 21st birthday, we will be coming to SAI on the 10th to take the tour, we are looking forward to meeting you, Bud, and whomever else is there :)

Sounds fun! :) The best advise I can give you is to get here as close to 10:30 as possible. With the museum shut down, you will be waiting outside. It may be cold by then (of course if you are coming from COLD, then our cold is probably not that bad). You can also go down to the cafe' and have breakfast if you happen to show up early :)

I was going to get married in October in Vegas but now forget it we'll have to wait untill it opens in November or December.

• 2 weeks later...
So much for anyone that wanted a museum delivery.

We will still be doing deliveries AT SAI..... If you are still interested, I would contact the appropriate contact for each vehicle.

Post title (40th & SS): You can discuss it with me when I call to let you know that your car is ready

KR: Information should be available thru your ford dealer.

Thanks! :)

Adrienne, what kind of stuff is available at the gift shop? I had really been hoping to buy a lot of stuff while I was there :( Any way you can post some pictures of the museum so I know what I am missing?

The museum construction has already began. I would have to get permission to post pictures but it already looks different then it did before the construction started. It will be neat when its finally done!

The gift shop sells magnets, scale cars, blankets, shirts, shoes etc etc.. all the fun stuff :) Unfortunately, the gift shop is IN the museum so it will be shut down during the month of October.

The museum construction has already began. I would have to get permission to post pictures but it already looks different then it did before the construction started. It will be neat when its finally done!

The gift shop sells magnets, scale cars, blankets, shirts, shoes etc etc.. all the fun stuff :) Unfortunately, the gift shop is IN the museum so it will be shut down during the month of October.

Agh ok, is there anything in the cafe in the way of gift items?

Is the museum still scheduled to open Nov 3? I will be in Vegas for SEMA that week and hope it's still on schedule to open on the 3rd.

Either way I'll be there bright and early one day that week for the tour... :yahoo:

Yes it will be open for Sema. Robert and I are in Vegas starting a week from Tuesday, if people are in town they need to stop by and see us.

Eventhough the museum was not open last weekend, my wife and I had a great time with Adrienne on the factory tour. We were able to watch a museum delivery of a black on black KR, what a beaut! We spent time (and quite a bit of money) in the cafe for lunch and trinkets. Nice salt and pepper shakers! Thank goodness the gift shop was closed, I'd be broke! Thanks to Bud and Adrienne for spending time with us. I can honestly say that the Terlingua burger is the best burger I have ever had in my life! :drool: Thanks for the cheesecake Adrienne!

Eventhough the museum was not open last weekend, my wife and I had a great time with Adrienne on the factory tour. We were able to watch a museum delivery of a black on black KR, what a beaut! We spent time (and quite a bit of money) in the cafe for lunch and trinkets. Nice salt and pepper shakers! Thank goodness the gift shop was closed, I'd be broke! Thanks to Bud and Adrienne for spending time with us. I can honestly say that the Terlingua burger is the best burger I have ever had in my life! :drool: Thanks for the cheesecake Adrienne!

Howdy! :) I enjoyed visiting with you and your wife! Thanks for sharing your pictures with me! I am glad that you guys had fun and hopefully you can come back out and see the museum once its open again-I poked my head in there a few days ago and WOW, its starting to take shape and look AMAZING!

My husband and I have made a tradition out of getting a piece of cheesecake at every resturant we visit (provided they offer cheesecake). I enjoyed you guys so much I had to spring for dessert! =) Glad you liked the Terlingua burger--all the burgers are great there!

Hope to see you guys again soon!

Yes it will be open for Sema. Robert and I are in Vegas starting a week from Tuesday, if people are in town they need to stop by and see us.

Sharon,

I'll be in town for SEMA/APEX. I'll drop by and see you both. Regards.

Stuart

Hi Jeff,

It was great to finally meet you and your wife after missing both of you in Terlingua :)

Sharon,

I'll be in town for SEMA/APEX. I'll drop by and see you both. Regards.

Stuart

Well, I guees its time to finally take my vacation :hysterical:

Bud

Archived