TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supposed KR "exhaust" only!

SLB8SNK

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33685

I am going to put video up soon of mine, shot in HD this weekend of various points of driving and such.

BUY THESE! They are AWESOME!

I installed mine this morning. First I used mothers to take the rust from the welds off. Installed on a lift in 40 minutes. Fit was Perfect. I replaced FFRP STV1s. The KRs sound great. Nice rumble on the streets. Very deep when you get on them. Freeway driving hardly hear them, 6th gear doing 80, 2000 rpm. Zero Drone at that speed. Much better than the SVT1s for me. I wanted more sound then they were able to give me. Very different exhaust note than I have heard from other Mufflers. I have not heard a K.R. in person so I cannot compare, but from videos I have seen very simular sound. I finally bought something that I am excited about, besides the Shelby it self. No Video equiptment here sorry. If you can get them buy them. :happy feet:

post-21530-1221569320_thumb.jpg

post-21530-1221569331_thumb.jpg

post-21530-1221569343_thumb.jpg

post-21530-1221569360_thumb.jpg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I installed mine this morning. First I used mothers to take the rust from the welds off. Installed on a lift in 40 minutes. Fit was Perfect. I replaced FFRP STV1s. The KRs sound great. Nice rumble on the streets. Very deep when you get on them. Freeway driving hardly hear them, 6th gear doing 80, 2000 rpm. Zero Drone at that speed. Much better than the SVT1s for me. I wanted more sound then they were able to give me. Very different exhaust note than I have heard from other Mufflers. I have not heard a K.R. in person so I cannot compare, but from videos I have seen very simular sound. I finally bought something that I am excited about, besides the Shelby it self. No Video equiptment here sorry. If you can get them buy them. :happy feet:

Agreed! I let it loose under a freeway overpass today, good Lord it sounded like a NASCAR car just opened up! I am curious how much they will change when they completely break in too, my magnaflows changed a LOT. I am thinking they are going to get even more throaty.

Agreed! I let it loose under a freeway overpass today, good Lord it sounded like a NASCAR car just opened up! I am curious how much they will change when they completely break in too, my magnaflows changed a LOT. I am thinking they are going to get even more throaty.

My shop guy seems to think that when they get some carbon built up in them they will get a little deeper. They won't get any louder as they have no packing in them. I do not think that they are too loud just right. As far a comparing them to a KR lets drive them for a month or so and lets see then if they dont sound the same. My guess is that they will. Keep in mind nobody has had their KR Mufflers for more a a few weeks.

DO YOU WANT TO SELL SVT1?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so after much research, I am beginning to wonder if these are indeed the same ones as a few weeks ago! Has ANYONE who purchased these NEW mufflers received them yet? There seems to be some mystery surrounding if these are indeed the same! Why FRPP has not released them! and if what Amy stated "they will be released after some changes" has any ring to it!! SO... If anyone has a set, please confirm!!!

As my posts states... way to much mystery. FRPP has hundreds of these in stock (says a good source), but states they can't sell them, and waiting for the next batch...?? Is that because they indeed are going to be different than the previous version? I see they now state they are for the FR not the KR, so is that the only difference? Someone knows what is going on, and just refuses to come clean.

Bottom line, my worry is we buy these, in advance, and wait 30-60 days only to find out they indeed are NOT the same! Then what? Why will no one come clean??? Is it really THAT big a deal to keep us away from these?

Buyer beware until we get someone who receives one of the NEW set.... all I can say! As pathetic as that sounds... amazing in this day and time that we have buyer willing to buy something and can't! :banghead::banghead:

As my posts states... way to much mystery. FRPP has hundreds of these in stock (says a good source), but states they can't sell them, and waiting for the next batch...?? Is that because they indeed are going to be different than the previous version? I see they now state they are for the FR not the KR, so is that the only difference? Someone knows what is going on, and just refuses to come clean.

Bottom line, my worry is we buy these, in advance, and wait 30-60 days only to find out they indeed are NOT the same! Then what? Why will no one come clean??? Is it really THAT big a deal to keep us away from these?

Buyer beware until we get someone who receives one of the NEW set.... all I can say! As pathetic as that sounds... amazing in this day and time that we have buyer willing to buy something and can't! :banghead::banghead:

Sounds like the Shelboviets got to them before they got out. :nonono:

Archived