TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supposed KR "exhaust" only!

SLB8SNK

NO, not wanting to get the pot boiling, just an honest question:

- For those who did buy these mufflers, and have installed them, please give the rest of us some feedback.

Are they more like the SVT1, the SGT or the 5GT? Or any other after market mufflers.

A sound clip would be great.

Just want to know so when they "do" come back out, we know what we are dealing with, or if it is even worth the wait!

Thanks!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- For those who did buy these mufflers, and have installed them, please give the rest of us some feedback.

Are they more like the SVT1, the SGT or the 5GT? Or any other after market mufflers.

Just want to know so when they "do" come back out, we know what we are dealing with, or if it is even worth the wait!

Thanks!

I will let this one stand SLB8SNk because I know that you are asking an honest question but the moment the other forum members turn this into the insulting and ugly forum that that one turned into I will move this.

I will not tolerate any insulting in this thread

I will let this one stand SLB8SNk because I know that you are asking an honest question but the moment the other forum members turn this into the insulting and ugly forum that that one turned into I will move this.

I will not tolerate any insulting in this thread

Agreed 100%, thanks. You can go back and look at dozens of my posts, all I want is an honest answer so I can finally choose my exhaust sound!

Thanks.

Agreed 100%, thanks. You can go back and look at dozens of my posts, all I want is an honest answer so I can finally choose my exhaust sound!

Thanks.

I know you do, so I hope that it stays that way for you and you get your answers

Thanks!

I should receive mine next week. I will try and get together with the local guys to compare exhaust notes. Maybe someone can clue me in on how to post good audio clips.

I should receive mine next week. I will try and get together with the local guys to compare exhaust notes. Maybe someone can clue me in on how to post good audio clips.

That would be great. Perfect would be stock, versus SVT1, versus this supposed KR unit. I guess since it is my thread I can ask for what I want :hysterical: Thanks so much!

For what it's worth and if desired, I can post a comparitive sound bite from an actual KR exhaust.

I have sat on the fence about what to put on for axle back, thought I wanted something FRPP/KR (whatever they will be called), then I figure no mufflers at all would be cheaper and sound better, like loudmouths for instance were brought up in the SGT forum and clips of them sound good, not too loud (on a GT Mustang) and go for a little over $300.00 and are 50 state legal from what everyone says so why are these not the most popular, I would think engine sound would sound more......original, not tampered with, does this make sense to anyone? :headscratch:

:hide:

When mine arrive next week I was going to install them at the same time as my FRPP ceramic headers. I'll try to do a quick fit on the mufflers and get a clip before adding the headers. :shift:

Kieffer

That would be great if you could clip prior to the headers! Thanks!

I have sat on the fence about what to put on for axle back, thought I wanted something FRPP/KR (whatever they will be called), then I figure no mufflers at all would be cheaper and sound better, like loudmouths for instance were brought up in the SGT forum and clips of them sound good, not too loud (on a GT Mustang) and go for a little over $300.00 and are 50 state legal from what everyone says so why are these not the most popular, I would think engine sound would sound more......original, not tampered with, does this make sense to anyone? :headscratch:

hum, not sure how no mufflers could be 50 state legal? Heck even some of the FRPP state "with" mufflers and not 50 state.... :headscratch:

hum, not sure how no mufflers could be 50 state legal? Heck even some of the FRPP state "with" mufflers and not 50 state.... :headscratch:

This was exactly what I was about to post. According to SLP's site, the "Loud Mouths" are "Emissions legal in all 50 states". That isn't the same thing as "50 State Legal" which also includes the sound level. Subtle difference...but worth noting.

My reason for being interested in finding out what the "KR" formula is for the exhaust is because it seems more aggressive then the SVT1's, but not as harsh as the SGT's...and I would think it would be 50 State Legal...at least I don't see any "49 State KR's" running around.

So, a post of the sound would be great...can't wait to find them at my local FRPP/SAI dealer soon!

This was exactly what I was about to post. According to SLP's site, the "Loud Mouths" are "Emissions legal in all 50 states". That isn't the same thing as "50 State Legal" which also includes the sound level. Subtle difference...but worth noting.

My reason for being interested in finding out what the "KR" formula is for the exhaust is because it seems more aggressive then the SVT1's, but not as harsh as the SGT's...and I would think it would be 50 State Legal...at least I don't see any "49 State KR's" running around.

So, a post of the sound would be great...can't wait to find them at my local FRPP/SAI dealer soon!

My hope is the same as yours, more aggressive that the SVT1, but less than the SGT or 5GT. However, it will take someone installing on a stock car, without the H pipe to provide the proof! On pins and needles waiting :banghead::shift:

your welcome but I have to ask why you ask? If you're looking for the most performance & better 60' & 1/4 miles times "X-Pipes" are the way to go. some disagree, but I did a little search that shows a test done with different mufflers & cross over pipes & the stats are pretty amazing....even if it was done on a pontiac .

read this article & you'll see what I mean.... http://www.boyleworks.com/ta400/psp/exhaust.html

Archived