TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supposed KR "exhaust" only!

SLB8SNK

I got my exhaust from Blue Oval today.

Looked very nice.

Gotta get a good clip so I can post it up for you guys. They woke the car up alright. I also had the FRP GTA mufflers new in the box that I tried first to see how they looked and sounded. The sound on the GTA's was better than stock, but not loud at all on the throttle. The Blue Oval exhaust I tried next. Definately more sound. I was standing behind the car and it sounded alot better than the GTA's. But inside the car at 2-3 thousand RPM's it wasn't obnoxious. Took it for a ride and wow it sounds good.

I had the Magnaflow Magnapacks on my 01 GT and they were very loud. The Blue Oval exhaust is way better than the wimpy quiet stock mufflers, but unless you have your foot on the floor, your neighbors won't hate you.

Starkie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got my exhaust from Blue Oval today.

Looked very nice.

Gotta get a good clip so I can post it up for you guys. They woke the car up alright. I also had the FRP GTA mufflers new in the box that I tried first to see how they looked and sounded. The sound on the GTA's was better than stock, but not loud at all on the throttle. The Blue Oval exhaust I tried next. Definately more sound. I was standing behind the car and it sounded alot better than the GTA's. But inside the car at 2-3 thousand RPM's it wasn't obnoxious. Took it for a ride and wow it sounds good.

I had the Magnaflow Magnapacks on my 01 GT and they were very loud. The Blue Oval exhaust is way better than the wimpy quiet stock mufflers, but unless you have your foot on the floor, your neighbors won't hate you.

Starkie

Hey Starkie - you may be the first to have the "Blue Oval" mufflers installed on a GT500. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Do they exhibit any drone?

I understand they are much lighter than the stock mufflers as well.

Can't wait for the sound clips! :drool:

I have sat on the fence about what to put on for axle back, thought I wanted something FRPP/KR (whatever they will be called), then I figure no mufflers at all would be cheaper and sound better, like loudmouths for instance were brought up in the SGT forum and clips of them sound good, not too loud (on a GT Mustang) and go for a little over $300.00 and are 50 state legal from what everyone says so why are these not the most popular, I would think engine sound would sound more......original, not tampered with, does this make sense to anyone? :headscratch:

That's what i was thinking when i got my GT-500. My curiosity got the best of me so, knowing I was going to change out the stock mufflers anyway, i crawled under the car and removed the mufflers. I took the car for a ride and swore those mufflers would never go back on. Ordered the SLP's and love every second driving the car. As a matter of fact, I don't even listen to the radio (removed the antenna)......car sounds too good !!

All he wants is anything that is relavent to sound only. :read:

Some folks need to chill. I just read the closed thread on the mufflers, my internet not working well this weekend. Yes I am looking for the axel backs that sound like the KR. And no the seven hundred bucks is way too much.

I called BOI today & they said they are sold out & will not be getting anymore anytime soon. The note they have next to/below the pic explains why the cost got driven up from $499 to $799. So I guess this closes yet another chapter & we can all now move on to something that relates to performance... :burnout:

Starkie, Any sound clips with the new axel backs????

I gotta charge my vid camera and get some.

LOL.....as for now I will describe it......

.....VROOOM VROOOOOOOM....kr kr kr kr kr kr kr VROOOOOOOM VROOOOOOOOOM

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Starkie

I called BOI today & they said they are sold out & will not be getting anymore anytime soon. The note they have next to/below the pic explains why the cost got driven up from $499 to $799. So I guess this closes yet another chapter & we can all now move on to something that relates to performance... :burnout:

Got mine in today.

FWIW BOI still has a listing for two sets on ebay, at the new price of course.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-09-SHE...d=p4506.c0.m245

Hi To All.

We just received both the Blue Oval KR mufflers and the MRT H-pipe with hi-flow cats. Hope to install shortly. Will charge up the video camera and get some clips for you guys.

We have been running the Ford Racing 49 state legal exhaust and the drone has seemed to have gotten worse over the months. We also tried a Stainless Works o/r X-pipe. It was too horrible for words with those mufflers - Lots of popping and it just sounded like a rice rocket at Nascar sound levels. We couldn't take it off the car fast enough. LOL.

Hopefully this combo wll give us the sound we have been searching for because I think I could have bought the 3.4 Whipple with all the money we've spent on exhaust. LOL.

Will keep you posted on the install.

Kathie

I hope you are wrong, and they get a bunch more, and we can all get a set. I will be back at my last post mode if not. If all that was said is true, this issue should be resolved, and the flow should start again, and prices come down. If not, again, this will not go over real well. We want what we know is available, at a price we already know had a margin.

I hope you are wrong, and they get a bunch more, and we can all get a set. I will be back at my last post mode if not. If all that was said is true, this issue should be resolved, and the flow should start again, and prices come down. If not, again, this will not go over real well. We want what we know is available, at a price we already know had a margin.

Amy indicated in one of the closed threads that the KR mufflers will be made available again - so be patient.

This should be a sweet setup - let us know how they sound. Does the MRT H-pipe look like a quality part. The picture of the H-pipe on their website did not look that great.

http://store.mrt-direct.com/93a600.html

Hi.

The pipe is of high quality but it is not a "pretty" piece. It looks like a typical exhaust pipe if you know what I am trying to say. The pipe slides together at the H and it is a precision fit - Nice and tight. I will try to get some close up pics tonight so you can see the welds and such. We'll see how fitment goes and I will let you know.

Kathie

So Starkie...how long does that video camera take to charge? :drool:

Ha! I suck it, I know.

I actually have this weekend off, and WILL post pics and vids with sound. My brother will be here to walk me through the upload to the computer so it actually is accessable. LOL!

Starkie

Ha! I suck it, I know.

I actually have this weekend off, and WILL post pics and vids with sound. My brother will be here to walk me through the upload to the computer so it actually is accessable. LOL!

Starkie

i installed the exhaust today and I have to say it really pissed me off. I cant believe that we paid 45K for this car, and our stock exhaust sounds so weak. This is how the exhaust should have been from the factory....oh wait it is, and you only have to pay 100K for the KR. Anybody who wastes money on an H pipe should first try out the stock and xpipe and save your moola. It sounds JUST like the KR I heard last weekend.

It sounds way better than my prior 06 GT bassani x/axle back setup. And so far no drone (only did 4th gear but 1700 to 2000 rpm and didnt appreciate much.

The tips are also super high quality, and the overall appearance with the rear valence is good.

i installed the exhaust today and I have to say it really pissed me off. I cant believe that we paid 45K for this car, and our stock exhaust sounds so weak. This is how the exhaust should have been from the factory....oh wait it is, and you only have to pay 100K for the KR. Anybody who wastes money on an H pipe should first try out the stock and xpipe and save your moola. It sounds JUST like the KR I heard last weekend.

It sounds way better than my prior 06 GT bassani x/axle back setup. And so far no drone (only did 4th gear but 1700 to 2000 rpm and didnt appreciate much.

The tips are also super high quality, and the overall appearance with the rear valence is good.

The GT500 was designed in 2005 - things change from year to year.

Without the KRs H-Pipe, it sounds close, but not like the KRs.

The GT500 was designed in 2005 - things change from year to year.

Without the KRs H-Pipe, it sounds close, but not like the KRs.

well...unless your ear is REALLY discerning, it sounds like the KR. I understand their is some dynamic flow differences etc etc but for all intents and purposes don't buy the H-pipe.

well...unless your ear is REALLY discerning, it sounds like the KR. I understand their is some dynamic flow differences etc etc but for all intents and purposes don't buy the H-pipe.

This is all good, if we will be able to purchase the axel backs in the furture :cry:

You said a mouthfull. But then you wouldn't make all that money from buying mufflers, cause nobody would buy the car and buy the supersonic quiet muffflers.....ha!

Starkie

I just bought a set for my car, I'll have them on Friday, only three left. When i get them installed I let you know my thoughts. :shift:

+1 Hans. Just bought a set also. I'll also let you know what I think. I should have them on for the Dearborn event.

Cal

They're real.

Soon everyone will be able to get a set - they're a FRPP product.

Will we ever be able to hear these Mufflers from somebody lucky enough to have them installed????

Somebody with a good sound clip could be more popular than the two running for the oval office. There just might be more interest.

Archived