TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Wants Black Stripes???

KingCobra

I can't tell you how dissappointed to see that they may not offer Black Stripes.

My first choice was Tungsten with Black Stripes!!!!!

Black stripes go with every colour!!!

Help me to try to to convince them to offer it.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

It makes absolutely no sense that Black stripes are not an option. As you say, they would go with every color offered. I'm sure you could have them painted on, but that will add considerable expense. Valencia ( whether it is Orange or Yellow) would look great with Black stripes!

Yeah, I agree.....even though I won't be getting black stripes, it does go with every color...and it seems odd hat they aren't offering them. The only thing I can think of that would prevent that is the 'fade & crack' factor--those black stripes face the sun all day. Maybe they don't hold up to their specs???

PS, Dakota-- I'm a huge fan of Grabber Blue, too! It would rock on this car! Maybe they're saving it for the upcoming Boss...

Yeah, I agree.....even though I won't be getting black stripes, it does go with every color...and it seems odd hat they aren't offering them. The only thing I can think of that would prevent that is the 'fade & crack' factor--those black stripes face the sun all day. Maybe they don't hold up to their specs???

PS, Dakota-- I'm a huge fan of Grabber Blue, too! It would rock on this car! Maybe they're saving it for the upcoming Boss...

I wonder if it would be worth Deleting the Stripes and getting a bodyshop to paint them on? Would that require a lot of Prep work? $$$

You can get pricing from your bodyshop. My guess would be $1,200-$1,500 (mask, sand, paint, clearcoat). That is probably the route I am going with, regardless of the options. Vinyl will crack in time, and I intend to have it around for a very long time...

That's exactly what I was thinking.. Black vinyl stripes will not last long in direct sun. I can see the glue heating up and flying up onto the windshield..

It would take only 1 lawsuit to start a class action suit. plus Ford really can't afford the hassle.

I agree just paint them on..

I wonder if it would be worth Deleting the Stripes and getting a bodyshop to paint them on? Would that require a lot of Prep work? $$$

Checked that one out already, since there has been alot of talk about the vinyl stripes. Our best in town bodyshop says that he would go for the vinyl. He says they will last a llooonnggg time. He says painted stripes is a nice option, but he would never go for the mask and paint technique. He suggested the only way to get a nice job would be to paint the stripes and clearcoat over the whole car, which would involve removing bumpers and body parts and would end up costing around $3-4k!!!!! I'll wait until the stripes fade or chip, or I need a power polish down the road.

KingCobra.

Checked that one out already, since there has been alot of talk about the vinyl stripes. Our best in town bodyshop says that he would go for the vinyl. He says they will last a llooonnggg time. He says painted stripes is a nice option, but he would never go for the mask and paint technique. He suggested the only way to get a nice job would be to paint the stripes and clearcoat over the whole car, which would involve removing bumpers and body parts and would end up costing around $3-4k!!!!! I'll wait until the stripes fade or chip, or I need a power polish down the road.

KingCobra.

Yes, I just talked to my Guy tonight, not cheap but the best, and he quoted $3 to $4k as well. I also asked him about moving the 3rd brakelight up into the spoiler and 'spreading ' new S H E L B Y font lettering, along the length of the Decklid, like the NY prototype. He quoted $1.5 to $2k. His only concern was the slight 'extrusion' along the centre of the decklid. I didn't even realize that there was a rise at the middle.

I think I'll go with that before I go with painted stripes.

You could always get black aftermarket stripes on it for a few years until you save up the money to get them on with paint.

I have always planned on getting the stripe delete and then getting the stripes painted on so I was prepared for around 4-5K.

Especially since I am getting a black car...has to be just right or everyone will notice.

<_<

Archived