TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sequentials for my anniversary!

SHELBYBRO

I just wanted to post up because I am excited. My wife bought me my sequentials for our anniversary. What a good woman. :happy feet: Can i install these without taking the tail light off?

You install them from inside the trunk. You remove the 2 Ford harnesses and put the bulbs into the new harnesses and put it right back in place. Very simple install. Takes literally 10 minutes.

...Evan...

If your asking if the tail light LENSES need to be removed, than no they don't, just the bulbs from the inside as I stated earlier.

? not sure what you're saying, the tail lights come out as an assembly with the sockets on the back side. There is no way to get to those sockets without removing the assembly.

? not sure what you're saying, the tail lights come out as an assembly with the sockets on the back side. There is no way to get to those sockets without removing the assembly.

Your right, now I do remember removing the entire assembly, bringing it in the house and swapping out the OEM harness for the sequential harness. Thanks for refreshing my memory. Still a very easy mod.

...Evan...

I bought mine from CDC for both Shelby's. The first install I did and it took me ....well lets just say It took me longer than it should have. The next install was done by Steph and it took 10 mins. Yeah, not very handy here so I leave it to the Shelby expert..... Stephanie

Ok, I admit it Stephanie. Now will you leave me alone about this???

Glenn

I just wanted to post up because I am excited. My wife bought me my sequentials for our anniversary. What a good woman. :happy feet: Can i install these without taking the tail light off?

that's great! I installed mine last week -- purchased from CDC. Very easy install and very pleased with quality of harness...my wife didn't buy mine...as a matter of fact, I didn't even tell her that I had ordered. She came out to the shop and asked, what are you doing (trunk was open)..oh nothing ..just piddling..she didn't notice the left tail lamp was gone and sitting on my work bench...she came back out when I was finishing up and once she learned what was really going on......well, let's just say I am now going to have to buy her something much nicer than sequentials for her anniversary. Her comment, why are you always working on a brand new car.....she just don't get it! I know..I need to keep the peace so it doesn't come down to the car or her....I would miss her....... :rant2: at least until the UPS man and/or women showed up!!

So I installed my sequentials and the driver side took like 10 minutes and the passenger side took like 45 minutes. If you have a Shaker 1000 system you need to remove the sub woofer box then remove the amp rack behind it inorder to get to the nuts on the back of the tail light. After all that it only took about an hour. I was so excited to install these that I forgot to take pics of the install. I took a vid on my phone but I can't figure out how to post it yet. :unsure:

I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and ran up to Shelby Parts and got the kit. It took longer to put that plastic liner back than it did to put the lights in both sides. You have to push it "under" and the parts wouldn't line up. It looked like "whack a mole". 1/2 in. Other side. Got it in. Other side popped up.

I didn't care for the fast speed of the sequencers so I asked WebElectric if they could make me just a custom brake light harness to where all six lights would light up as brake lights all at once instead of the sequence...they did, and when I sent them the old harness back, only wound up costing me like $40.00 and I'm happy....I'll stick with what I got, I doubt that too many others will have what I have now, but a LOT of people will have the sequencers....

If you watch old Shelbys, you'll see that all of the lights lit up at once when the brakes were hit....old style!!!!

Archived