TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car collection

Nice, really nice. Isn't that Reggie Jackson's collection?

Nice photos. I am a former Corvette owner too (1980 model). :) I used to drive a 1958 Corvette from time to time that my boss let me run around in when I was 19 and that was one bad ass car and always will be. It took two adults to walk the hard top off to go topless. Mine that I had later on had t-tops (no comparison to a convertible though).

My wife always said, I wish we had the Corvette (remember those days) but with 2 young girls, the Shelby convertible has a backseat so they can enjoy the ride too (+1 for the Shelby). The small backseat feels roomier with the top down too.

I will always love Corvettes but at the end of the day they are still a 2 seater.

A quote name='Son of GT' date='Aug 20 2008, 06:09 PM' post='506883']

Nice, really nice. Isn't that Reggie Jackson's collection?

I was 16, getting my VW repaired in an industrial part of the East Bay Area (Berkeley/Oakland) and I hear something amazing start up and idle widlly around the corner. I walk over and it's a Boss 429. The guy hits it hard and goes around the corner. I follow and peer inside the unmarked building to see rows of unbelievable musclecars Copos, Z28s, Cuda's, Mustangs etc. I talk briefly with the mechanic and he reveals it was Reggie's collection. Later on I find out it burns to the ground. What a shame but glad to have at least heard and witnessed it if only for a moment.

Archived