TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT081124 Finally done

Well it was a long wait actually still waiting for it to arrive but at least it is all finally completed now W/CS8 Grill upper, lower black grill with brake ducts, Dash guage package and a polished K/B 500 RWHP S/C

post-5821-1219276487_thumb.jpg

post-5821-1219276487_thumb.jpg

Well it was a long wait actually still waiting for it to arrive but at least it is all finally completed now W/CS8 Grill upper, lower black grill with brake ducts, Dash guage package and a polished K/B 500 RWHP S/C

It looks like a neat install. Why then am I having problems with my SHELBY supplied KB install in my SGT. The kit was missing a MAF extension harness, and the isolator plate from as supplier by KB. The kit was missing the 'old' airbox lid w/MAF sensor, and the airbox hose adapter to be sent from SAI. As you know all the factory airboxes were removed by SHELBY when the FRPP CAI was installed. A standard cone filter will not work because it was not submitted to the EPA for approval with that setup. Can you post of the filter behind your front facia?

KB will correct their omission. Good to work with. I haven't heard from SAI. Anyway my installer is highly fustrated because sometime confused instructions and the other SC (WHIPPLE NEW IN THE BOXES) sets in the corner. I'm on backorder for the lower grill. I used the SAI gage pod and choose the Autometer Cobalt gages mainly because I wanted a wideband A/F gage, electric oil pressure, and vac/boost gages.

As you know all the factory airboxes were removed by SHELBY when the FRPP CAI was installed. A standard cone filter will not work because it was not submitted to the EPA for approval with that setup. Can you post of the filter behind your front facia?

I was under my car and photographed the air filter you are looking for. I have it on a camera at home but will post it as soon as I can. It is a rectangular element that could, very well, just be the filter from the stock airbox but without a cover.

Jim

Car looks great Jim, I have the K&N filter on mine, could you install a K&N and just save the stock box for later?

it has to be better than the stock filter, I jsut do not know if will change any settings in your A/F settings?, Rick

I was under my car and photographed the air filter you are looking for. I have it on a camera at home but will post it as soon as I can. It is a rectangular element that could, very well, just be the filter from the stock airbox but without a cover.

Jim

Here's a link to the pics I took of mine (posts #47 & 48):

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...30811&st=40

Yep, that's the same one I have.

Jim

Looks good. The problem is my car is an '07 with a different airbox arrangement that you need for the install from the '08. Today I've received emails and many calls from Cris Prenninis (Scott Drake), Gary Patterson (SAI), 3 SAI team members, and TJ at Kenne Bell. All items will be here in the AM. I'm going to document the differences in the instructions and forward. Nothing that couldn't be fixed. All three were very quick to respond and offer their aid to help. I know they read these post....I saw my post in the email. Thank you all (KB, SAI, and SD) for your listening ear and ridding to the aid. The experience makes me feel good about the process and the class of people we the consumers are dealing with at these companies.

Regards

Grady Wilson

Archived