TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lime Rock Park 8/31/08

ilmor

I recieved the following in an email today - I don't know if I can make it, but I'm going to try.

Sunday in the Park” Car Show Extravaganza

31 August 2008 at Lime Rock Park

Discover the glamour, glory and style of historic and vintage sports cars as they claim focus of the Rolex Vintage Festival Labor Day weekend both on track, in the open paddock and during the prestigious Sunday in the Park Automotive Extravaganza.

“Sunday in the Park” will host the 26th Lime Rock Park car show and the Sunday Show of Shelbys. Other special exhibits will include Aston Martin DB’s, Porsches, Pick of the Paddock and the Chairman’s Choice. Following Malcolm Pray in 2006 and Peter Sachs in 2007, William Binnie will be featured as the Collector of the Year 2008. Binnie is a four-time Vintage Sports Car Club of America stalwart who, in addition to exhibiting three of his favorite historic cars, will also show the Lola race cars with which he won his class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2005 and 2007.

Sunday Show of Shelby’s

A featured highlight for Sunday in the Park is the Sunday Show of Shelbys. See historic racing and high performance vehicles manufactured by Shelby American and Ford Motor Co, the marques that brought international victories to America in the 60s. Expected are a full range of Shelby and Fords: vintage Cobras, GT350s Tigers, Mustangs, new Ford GTs, Shelby GT500s and other delectable offerings from the brain of Carroll Shelby. One of the largest Shelby/Ford shows in the area.

“Sunday in the Park” has evolved from an essentially local car show 25 years ago into a comprehensive motoring extravaganza, which fills the entire facility with interesting sights and things to do. All of this plus the fabulous Rolex Moments in Time display, a museum quality gathering of cars and artifacts which have made significant contributions to Motorsports History, make for a wonderful day out in the scenic green valley of Lime Rock Park.

Advance ticket price stops on Friday, 22 August 2008. Buy your tickets today at www.limerock.com or by calling 800.RACE.LRP.

I got the same email today also. It sounds like quite a display!

If I hadn't just gone to Lime Rock last weekend, I'd definitely consider heading out there. I'm definitely planning to go to Tasca, so now I just need to figure out if I can swing another day away at a car show! I'll keep you posted....

-yellow pony

• 2 weeks later...
I got the same email today also. It sounds like quite a display!

If I hadn't just gone to Lime Rock last weekend, I'd definitely consider heading out there. I'm definitely planning to go to Tasca, so now I just need to figure out if I can swing another day away at a car show! I'll keep you posted....

-yellow pony

I won't make Sunday but am likely to be there on Saturday to watch the races.

I won't make Sunday but am likely to be there on Saturday to watch the races.

Well..., since I could be going to hell anyway, I'm gonna skip church and head up Sunday to see the show.

Besides, we all know God drives a Shelby Mustang, Right?

Well..., since I could be going to hell anyway, I'm gonna skip church and head up Sunday to see the show.

Besides, we all know God drives a Shelby Mustang, Right?

I'm going to see the "Shelbys in the Park" today :drool: (after church - not taking chances like QuadCam!!) :lol:

http://www.limerock.com/news/read/sunday-i...ow-extravaganza

QuadCam, yellow pony, secondo, svtbird or others - maybe I'll see you there if you go.

I'll try to post some decent photos later.

Ok, I went - and it was a great show. Beautiful New England weather and scenery to go with it. Heres a link to my photos....

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/il...20Rolex%202008/

Enjoy the photos.

limerockrolex128.jpg

Looks like a great show! Thanks for all the photos!

Pretty cool that they parked the cars around the edge of the track.

Who had the white SGT with the Shelby Razor wheels? Another white SGT in CT???

I'll catch you next week at Tasca.

-yellow pony

Ok, I went - and it was a great show. Beautiful New England weather and scenery to go with it. Heres a link to my photos....

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/il...20Rolex%202008/

Enjoy the photos.

limerockrolex128.jpg

Thanks Ilmor - The photos are superb... and as it turns out, it was the only way I was able to enjoy the event. The Missus took ill and I stayed home (BTW - after attending Church services). I regret not making the show, but my guilt would have haunted me (not to mention the bad Kharma -lol). It was an excellant New England Day for the event, and your vast collection of pictures brought it home to us that couldn't make it. Thanks again.

Glad I could help everyone "experience" it! See you guys at Tasca next Saturday if you go.

yellow pony - I did meet the guy w/ the white SGT, although I didn't catch his screen name (he is a TS member). He (Bruce) said he would be at Tasca.

I took my (7 yr. old) daughter with me to the show - she was trying to rush me around a little bit, but I did slow her up with an ice cream treat. I wore her out looking at cars!

quadcam - sorry to hear about the wife; hope she feels better soon!

Bob,

Thanks for the pics it was great meeting you and your daughter. What a fantastic day!

The other white SGT with the razors is mine CSM #1060. I couldnt believe I actually took 1st place in my class which included some great GT500'S , only my second time showing with this car! My 11 year old son and I had a blast. Here is a cell phone pic of us following a full race Ford GT around the track as we were leaving, the track cleared up and we had a little controlled fun!

Bruce

post-21375-1220359782_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Thanks for the pics it was great meeting you and your daughter. What a fantastic day!

The other white SGT with the razors is mine CSM #1060. I couldnt believe I actually took 1st place in my class which included some great GT500'S , only my second time showing with this car! My 11 year old son and I had a blast. Here is a cell phone pic of us following a full race Ford GT around the track as we were leaving, the track cleared up and we had a little controlled fun!

Bruce

Congratulations on the win! Nice to see a SGT beating the GT500's!

Good to meet another SGT owner in CT!

-yellow pony

Bob,

Bruce

Bruce, great meeting you as well. Next year I'll drive my Shelby into the show also - I had no idea I could even do that! See you at Tasca. Looks like you, me and yellow pony are THE white SGT's in CT. Now - who are our black and blue brethren???

Bob

Archived