TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dream Car Garage

kincobra

Hey, you took my pic. j/k, great display, that would work 4 me.

TD

hey guys,i would like to see all your dream car garages. we can pick up ideas and see how everyone displays there toys in the garage.

here are photos of my Dream Car Garage. :shift:

:lurk:

I think there's something wrong with a guy that is a San Fran fan, keeps his garage that clean & has a life-size cutout of Steve Young looking at you! :headscratch:

J/K - Great looking garage. No way I could keep mine looking that good with 2 kids, all my bikes, boat & etc.... It's all I can do to keep stuff away from the Shelby. ;)

My garage is in the drawing/permitting stages currently. It's 4000sf with an office, shower, paint booth, 2 post lift and shelving over the office for the original parts I'm pulling off my cars and all of it air conditioned. Right outside I'll have a septic dump for the toter.

shelby_rear_1.jpg

Great garage! I like the blue floor with silver stripes to match the car!

How durable is the floor material? I'm thinking of either epoxy coating my concrete floor or going with something like you did. I'm just wondering if the floor tiles will get beat up from dragging ramps, jacks or other tools across it.

-yellow pony

My garage is in the drawing/permitting stages currently. It's 4000sf with an office, shower, paint booth, 2 post lift and shelving over the office for the original parts I'm pulling off my cars and all of it air conditioned. Right outside I'll have a septic dump for the toter.

hmm, the paint booth is a great addition!...Where do you fit the safe room? :happy feet:

• 1 month later...

My shop is currently unheated and unfinished on the inside. Some day the interior will get totally finished, but for now this will do just fine. In the winter I keep the Shelby in the bubble to keep the moisture from getting on the underside of the car and to make sure no field mice get in the car.

LightsinShop024.jpg

ComboCars110.jpg

GOintheGrass013.jpg

My shop is currently unheated and unfinished on the inside. Some day the interior will get totally finished, but for now this will do just fine. In the winter I keep the Shelby in the bubble to keep the moisture from getting on the underside of the car and to make sure no field mice get in the car.

LightsinShop024.jpg

ComboCars110.jpg

GOintheGrass013.jpg

Damn Grabber, you need to head down to FL and show me how to get my lawn to look like that....Sweet...

Okay, here is my garage, it took the better part of six years to complete, as I was suffering from a serious condition commonly referred to as "fundsafailin"

The first pic of course is the outside, built to match the main house (not shown) the upper section (which is accessed only from the outside exterior stairs) is a 750 sq. ft gym (nicely equipped), with a full 3 pc bathoom, kitchenette, and seating (includes one pull-out) area with flatscreen and surround sound. To the right on the outside is a nice large deck area, which also provides a covered area for my trailer.

The garage section as you can see is a 4 bay, the left bay has a vaulted ceiling for a future lift. It is pre-plumbed for air, loads of lights and outlets, (which are all mounted high). The entire 40' back wall has built-in cabinets. Floor is epoxy coated (awesome for clean-up, for those considering it), fully insulated (including the garage doors) and heated. All doors have power openers. Also wired for TV and internet. Also 4 large windows for natural light. It is deep enough with plenty of room in between the front of the car and the work benches/cabinets.

The best part is there are NO kids toys, bicycles, garden tools, or pets...just the 4 cars and 2 motorcycles. The only person that goes in there besides myself is when my wife parks her 2008 MB C350. The main house has a 3 car garage which is used for the daily drivers, bicycles, pets etc...

I'm very happy with the result, not too much on the walls, didn't want it to busy. What you can't see in the pics is the 4 pcs of fine automotive art that is framed, all with Carroll Shelbys autographs...these are mounted on the sections between the garage doors.

garage_exterior.jpg

garage_interior_1.jpg

garage_interior_2.jpg

garage_exterior.jpg

garage_interior_1.jpg

garage_interior_2.jpg

LightsinShop024.jpg

Grabber,

Where did you get the bubble for the Shelby? Looks like a good way to keep the car preserved from the dangers of moisture and field mice, but I'm guessing its a hassle to set up...

-yellow pony

Archived