TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Underside Photos of KR on Display at 08' Woodward Cruise

Here are some KR pictures I took while I was at the 2008 Woodward Dream Cruise, in Mustang Alley on 9 mile rd & Woodward.

The Black KR was on a spinning hydraulic table so I was able to get some underside photos of the mufflers, exhaust tips, rear differential cover, H-Pipe, front underside air-splitter. The Silver with Blue stripes was over at the Ford SVT both.

th_HPIM1402.jpg

th_HPIM1403.jpg

th_HPIM1404.jpg

th_HPIM1378.jpg

th_HPIM1379.jpg

th_HPIM1380.jpg

th_HPIM1395.jpg

th_HPIM1394.jpg

th_HPIM1393.jpg

th_HPIM1390.jpg

Coldy, nice job! So, since I know you and I have been trying to capture the elusive exhaust "sound" of the KR, without making a ton of mods.... what is your best guess on strictly an exhaust change? I want the not change anything other than the exhausts. You still think the SVT1 will come close, or the GTS or GT5????

Only half the sound comes from the mufflers (axlebacks) the real difference in the sound IMHO is from the H-Pipe with the "Mod" that SAI does to it....hint, hint ;)

I understand that, but short of the H Pipe mod, if one JUST wanted to increase the throatier sound, more rumble, louder sound, no drone, which of the FRPP exhausts would YOU put on??

The ones that are not round in shape... the ones that have the oval shaped muffler ( I think SVT1's) reduce the drone more because they are 50 state legal & are not a straight thru pass for sound. Corsa's are round & have a nice sound with noise cancellation technology with no drone.

I'll more then likely go with the KR axle backs & live with what little drone they have.

The ones that are not round in shape... the ones that have the oval shaped muffler ( I think SVT1's) reduce the drone more because they are 50 state legal & are not a straight thru pass for sound. Corsa's are round & have a nice sound with noise cancellation technology with no drone.

I'll more then likely go with the KR axle backs & live with what little drone they have.

Yes the oval looking ones are teh SVT1's and really the only ones that state they are for the GT500. The others are for any SVT or GT Mustang. Those were my first choice all along, just wish I could hear them before I buy them. I also want to stay FRPP so will be going with their CAI and tune, and these exhausts. I know, call me crazy, I just like the look of the FRPP stuff, and want to keep the car FORD. I also like that the SVT1's are supposed to have little or no drone.... SO, when you say the KR axle backs. umm I thought those would not be sold? only on the KR's? and do we even know for sure what they are? Or are you saying you are going with exhaust and the H pipes?

Yes the oval looking ones are teh SVT1's and really the only ones that state they are for the GT500. The others are for any SVT or GT Mustang. Those were my first choice all along, just wish I could hear them before I buy them. I also want to stay FRPP so will be going with their CAI and tune, and these exhausts. I know, call me crazy, I just like the look of the FRPP stuff, and want to keep the car FORD. I also like that the SVT1's are supposed to have little or no drone.... SO, when you say the KR axle backs. umm I thought those would not be sold? only on the KR's? and do we even know for sure what they are? Or are you saying you are going with exhaust and the H pipes?

I think ffrp also lists m5230sgt for gt 500. louder than SVT1 which I have. SVT1 are O.K. but just a bit more than stock. Little drone at 1600 to 2000 rpm. I ordered sgt about 5 weeks ago still on back order if I ever get them will try them and then sell which ever one I don't want.

I think ffrp also lists m5230sgt for gt 500. louder than SVT1 which I have. SVT1 are O.K. but just a bit more than stock. Little drone at 1600 to 2000 rpm. I ordered sgt about 5 weeks ago still on back order if I ever get them will try them and then sell which ever one I don't want.

I don't think the SVT1 mufflers will get you anywhere near the exhaust sound of the KR.

I don't think the SVT1 mufflers will get you anywhere near the exhaust sound of the KR.

I've heard the KR. Frankly I think my car with the SLPs on it and factory X pipe sounds far better than the stock KR. The stock KR does sound better than the CrownVic mufflers on the stock GT500 but what doesent?

Archived