TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Latest stereo mod.

I did the same thing about 6 months ago. Works real well. You can get the MTX box at Crutchfield. I prefer them because they are no hassle and good priced. A self contained unit amp and all. Never over heats with full boost cranked in Florida heat. Simple 4 wires tapping into the R/L rear speaker wires for the signal to fire the sub. I use both side and all 4 wires for a good signal. The amp is signal sensed to turn on. Hardest thing was running the power wire to the rear and that was because I went thru the rubber grommet under the battery tray. Ground is in the trunk. One bolt holds the sub in place. Instructions are good. The sub has a long remote so you can control the boost from your seat. I just keep the adjust next to my seat so no holes drilled. Pretty much once set very little if any adjustment is needed. It booms pretty good too. Some of the young folks may desire a bigger amp and seperate sub but this is good for me and way less cost and hassle than the JL Amp and Sub I installed in my C6 Vette. Believe it or not the Shaker 500 with the sub is better in my opinion than the Vette Bose stereo. We like to call it Blose on the other forum. Anyway I think the price is like $470 for the MTX unit. :shift:

• 3 weeks later...

hey if anybody can help me out with this thing ,i just had this installed and it doesn't seem to work very well my question is this when i have the head unit set on front speakers i can adjust the bass pretty good and the bass i can definetly feel but the sound on the rest of the system i don't think sounds to well on that setting,i like to set it on rear speakers and on that or all seats you can barely if any here the bass ?? is this the same on your systems and what setting do you guys keep yours on !!!!

You may have the input wires on the Sub backward (out of phase) to the rest of the speakers in your system. . . . Double check that the wires are (-) to (-) and (+) to (+) . . . .

When your Sub is out of Phase to the rest of the system. . . it will cancel out the lower frequencies being produced by the rest of your speakers. . . . . . . Think of it like this (out of phase) your main system speakers are going one way and your Sub is going the opposite . . . and when they are (in phase) they are all moving in the same direction.

Out of phase: main = <)))) Sub = ((((> (they cancel each other out)

In phase: main = <)))) Sub = <)))) (they produce full/rich bass througout)

As mentioned above - try switching the wires that hook up at the Sub unit and see if there's a difference.

I hope that makes sense. . . . .

Trevor

You may need to call MTX and verify the wire colors because I believe the info in the kit was wrong. That's what I did and I tapped in to the rear wires 2 on the left and 2 on the right. I set the boost adjust knob about 90% and no issues at all. It sounds like something is wired wrong and they need to be on the rear speakers. All a sub needs anyway is the correct polarity signal to bang.

Archived