TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone want a half price ticket?

ggl

Due to some medical issues with my wife, I will be dropping out of the Terlingua event. Basically, I have been told by Bullrun "Too bad, you're out $2300". I can however, sell my spot (for two people). If anyone was considering going but didn't want to pay the full price, let me know and I will be happy to sell you two spots at half the price.

Due to some medical issues with my wife, I will be dropping out of the Terlingua event. Basically, I have been told by Bullrun "Too bad, you're out $2300". I can however, sell my spot (for two people). If anyone was considering going but didn't want to pay the full price, let me know and I will be happy to sell you two spots at half the price.

GG, I am sorry about your problem, the issue Im sure is that they are responsible for the whole hotel and it's complete sellout. so it's like any trip you book, it's not refundable so close to the event.

But I will contact them.

Amy

GG, I am sorry about your problem, the issue Im sure is that they are responsible for the whole hotel and it's complete sellout. so it's like any trip you book, it's not refundable so close to the event.

But I will contact them.

Amy

Edited: Helps to read the whole thing before I post.

Any help is appreciated, Amy. Thanks.

So how much? I'll take it (probably) need to check funds but really wanted to do this. Send me a pm with the details. So does this price literally include the full four days? Basically wanting to know if it won't cost me anything else other then gas. Thanks!

Hm. I'm facing something similar; not able to declare one way or the other, just yet. I've searched the Bull Run site and haven't found material that addresses cancellatoins or dropouts. Maybe I've missed it. More than five weeks prior to commencement of festivities, that looks like a heavy penalty to me.

Additional question: I see some press releases and announcements that say something to the effect, "Cars must meet specifications (or requirements?)". Where are those set out? Again, I may just not be finding them.

Thanks for your attention.

Hm. I'm facing something similar; not able to declare one way or the other, just yet. I've searched the Bull Run site and haven't found material that addresses cancellatoins or dropouts. Maybe I've missed it. More than five weeks prior to commencement of festivities, that looks like a heavy penalty to me.

Additional question: I see some press releases and announcements that say something to the effect, "Cars must meet specifications (or requirements?)". Where are those set out? Again, I may just not be finding them.

I don't any one should have a problem just to make sure the car is safe and legal to run on the street.

Hey Frank, basically I asked bullrun about a cancellation policy and they said there was not a cancellation policy and my best bet would be to find someone to fill my spot. This was before Amy said she would contact them. I agree about the heavy penalty, but that is their policy apparently (or lack thereof). Most trips like this usually offer an out clause 30 days prior to the festivities, even if some penalties are incurred, but Bull Run does not have a policy like this in place (according to Samantha).

But that is the way it goes, no worries here. If Amy comes back with bad news then someone here will get a great deal on my package. It's too bad though, I was hoping to see how my whipple car held up to the supersnake.

I don't any one should have a problem just to make sure the car is safe and legal to run on the street.

Thank you, Sharon.

Hey Frank, basically I asked bullrun about a cancellation policy and they said there was not a cancellation policy and my best bet would be to find someone to fill my spot. This was before Amy said she would contact them. I agree about the heavy penalty, but that is their policy apparently (or lack thereof). Most trips like this usually offer an out clause 30 days prior to the festivities, even if some penalties are incurred, but Bull Run does not have a policy like this in place (according to Samantha).

But that is the way it goes, no worries here. If Amy comes back with bad news then someone here will get a great deal on my package. It's too bad though, I was hoping to see how my whipple car held up to the supersnake.

Well, then. BR seems like kind of a hard-ass outfit, eh? I understand an eBaY 99-cent auction costs only a dime. Ninety-nine cents and forty for a membership, some lucky soul may get a nice last-weekend-of-September treat!

By this time next year the newest "Challenge" will be just over the horizon. Then you'll likely get your chance to put hurt on a Stupor Snake (I'm smiling when I say that, podner) .

Thank you for your response.

I am still working on this, the issue is the BR group puts out a ton of $$$ to reserve the hotel, pay the road /city permits, the travel, food all...this is all then divided up by members, as stated in the begining we knew this was a difficult event due to the place and restrictions of travel.

I hope to have an update soon

A

I am still working on this, the issue is the BR group puts out a ton of $$$ to reserve the hotel, pay the road /city permits, the travel, food all...this is all then divided up by members, as stated in the begining we knew this was a difficult event due to the place and restrictions of travel.

I hope to have an update soon

A

• 3 weeks later...

I am really sorry to hear about your wife that is very unfortunate its always terrible when something like that happens.

I will buy your tickets for half price if your still interested in selling them but hopefully they gave you a refund so its not a problem. I think there should have been a clause that if a family emergency comes about they should give a FULL refund.

The only way I can afford to go is by getting the tickets at a discount otherwise the trip will be to much since I have to travel from MN.

Archived