TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance car Show

ShelbySteve

Well I finally made it to the Pebble Beach car show. At the Gooding car auction they had a couple of Shelbys up for sale. One in particular was this very rare original 1965 GT350 competition car driven by Tom Hamilton. I don't know much about its race history but I do know that the reserve bid on this gem was $700,000. You will notice on the second picture the bid reached $600,000 but no higher. The owner pulled the car. Not sure if anybody tried to negotiate after the auction. If you ever have a chance to go the pebble for this show don't miss it. Interestingly I never saw a new GT500 during the whole weekend there until I was leaving. As I started down Highway ONE A Mustang club drove by on their way to the show. There where at least 6 GT500s in the group.

Cheers

ShelbySteve

post-8657-1219104829_thumb.jpg

post-8657-1219105059_thumb.jpg

post-8657-1219104829_thumb.jpg

post-8657-1219105059_thumb.jpg

Well I finally made it to the Pebble Beach car show. At the Gooding car auction they had a couple of Shelbys up for sale. One in particular was this very rare original 1965 GT350 competition car driven by Tom Hamilton. I don't know much about its race history but I do know that the reserve bid on this gem was $700,000. You will notice on the second picture the bid reached $600,000 but no higher. The owner pulled the car. Not sure if anybody tried to negotiate after the auction. If you ever have a chance to go the pebble for this show don't miss it. Interestingly I never saw a new GT500 during the whole weekend there until I was leaving. As I started down Highway ONE A Mustang club drove by on their way to the show. There where at least 6 GT500s in the group.

Cheers

ShelbySteve

Shelby Steve,

That was my local club, California Mustangs, on our monthly get together cruise. We were heading to Big Sur for lunch after a spirited rally through the Santa Cruz mountains.

Interestingly enough, we passed several S197 Shelbys on our way though Monterey and Carmel, and when I pulled up to the light at Ocean Ave I was next to TS'er Cali KR's beautiful black 08 stripeless 'vert. He was cruisin around between the venues with the top down. It is neat to see other TS members cars live.

Michael

Shelby Steve,

That was my local club, California Mustangs, on our monthly get together cruise. We were heading to Big Sur for lunch after a spirited rally through the Santa Cruz mountains.

Interestingly enough, we passed several S197 Shelbys on our way though Monterey and Carmel, and when I pulled up to the light at Ocean Ave I was next to TS'er Cali KR's beautiful black 08 stripeless 'vert. He was cruisin around between the venues with the top down. It is neat to see other TS members cars live.

Michael

Hey Michael

I was just past the intersection of the 1 and Carmel Valley Rd at 3 or 4 PM in my Lincoln LS when your group drove by. I almost took my GT500 on the trip. I wish I had after I saw the show and all the great cars there. We have a large group down here in SoCal ( Ventura County & LA County) that get together regularly also. Wish I had of brought mine now after seeing you guys on the road. Next year we should plan a gathering around the pebble show. I bet I could get at least 6 to 8 cars to drive up to join your group on the weekend.

Cheers ShelbySteve

post-8657-1219123185_thumb.jpg

post-8657-1219123185_thumb.jpg

The Concorso Italiano had the Kruse Auction and a GT350 went for 155.00. Poor resto job IMOP. I live in Marina, any of your clubs come through the Monterey area, PM me. Would love to meet other Shelby folks.

Most clubs here seem to only want 73 or older cars.

Archived