TEAM SHELBY FORUM

painting stripes

I am taking my car in this week to have stripes painted on. I am thinking of copying one of our members cars. Which do you like better stock or the other stripe pattern. Mine is the Vista Blue. Opinions Please.

Personal preference - the stock is the way I would go.

I prefer the stock design. Has anyone tried painted ghost stripes? Where they use a slightly different shade of the body color

When I had my 72 Camaro, I always wanted to paint ghost stripes on it - with ghosted bow-ties all over the insides of the stripes. Would look cool to do ghost stripes with ghosted Ford blue ovals :)

I know - strange - but hey - thats me :)

When I had my 72 Camaro, I always wanted to paint ghost stripes on it - with ghosted bow-ties all over the insides of the stripes. Would look cool to do ghost stripes with ghosted Ford blue ovals :)

I know - strange - but hey - thats me :)

I saw them on a 69 fastback and it really looked nice

Stock

I am a little surprised that most picked stock stripes. Is it because it looks better or because it is in its pure form?

So would you paint the stripes or have them replaced with vinyl. (insurance is paying for most). I am leaning towards paint but not sure which stripe pattern yet.

I am a little surprised that most picked stock stripes. Is it because it looks better or because it is in its pure form?

So would you paint the stripes or have them replaced with vinyl. (insurance is paying for most). I am leaning towards paint but not sure which stripe pattern yet.

Its your car, do it the way you like it. Although both stripes look good, if you go with the super snake stripes you run the risk of your car being called a super snake clone.

• 1 month later...

Silly question. Does it hurt value or collectability to have stripes painted on? I have a lot of trouble cleaning wax off where stripe meets paint. Also not 100% happy with vinyl. I know there has to be a cleaning/detailing technique I don't know to prevent this. I feel I am washing those areas to much/hard to be good for the finish. I still have visible residual wax where vinyl meets paint. Help?

Ok i am throwing in my 2 cents. Even tho i dont have a Gt500 yet, i thought many times what I will do to my mustang, I even made a notebook of what I am going to do to the car.

Here is what I came up with, i have 2 scenarios, 1 is a Black GT500 and the other one is a Blue GT500

If I got a black GT500 i would get the stripes painted black like at GT500KR (not to make a "GT500KR Clone), i love that black on black

ShelbyKitt8.jpg

My other scenario is I got a Blue GT500, another scenario comes into play, I think Your Car

gt500_front_1_.jpg

looks good with those double stripes.

So if I had your car I would get the double stripes..........ok this other scenario. If you got a SuperSnake or KR-style Hood I would go with the SS Stripes because personaly i think the SS Stripes looks better with a different hood on the car

I would get the hood and paint the SS stripes black, like i said before with a "GT500KR", i wouldnt be trying to make a "SS Clone" I just love the black SS stripe on the blue car.

vistablue.jpg

Just got to remember the ulimate decision is up to you, you are like every person that keeps care of their car always wonder what looks better, I do that with my truck all of the time.

I hope this helps

ACI paint film is another way to do stripes. It is painted stripes that go on like stock stripes. My people that put on the stripes for me had to trim some, but had no problem, and the job is perfect.I met the company when we at Tulsa this summer. They ave a web sight and there phone is 918-283-2938.

Archived