TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW IN THE BOX WHIPPLE FOR 4.6L FOR SALE

It is new in the boxes (2) unopened. I bought an intercooled Whipple (500hp version) for my '07 SGT and after waiting for several weeks without any information from FFRP if it had shipped, or when it was to ship, I ordered a Kenne Bell. I now have 2 SCs. Anyone waiting to received a new Whipple that is interested please let me know.

This is the blurb from the kit --'07 4.6 Black Supercharger with intercooler Kit includes new aluminum intake manifold, 38lb/hr injectors, Ford racing spark plugs, PCM flash tool, 95mm MAF, cold air induction system with massive S&B filter, billet inlet venture for increased air speeds, and a massive aluminum air to water intercooler.'

Let me know as I will send the 'late arriving' Whipple back on Wednesday.

Regards

It is new in the boxes (2) unopened. I bought an intercooled Whipple (500hp version) for my '07 SGT and after waiting for several weeks without any information from FFRP if it had shipped, or when it was to ship, I ordered a Kenne Bell. I now have 2 SCs. Anyone waiting to received a new Whipple that is interested please let me know.

This is the blurb from the kit --'07 4.6 Black Supercharger with intercooler Kit includes new aluminum intake manifold, 38lb/hr injectors, Ford racing spark plugs, PCM flash tool, 95mm MAF, cold air induction system with massive S&B filter, billet inlet venture for increased air speeds, and a massive aluminum air to water intercooler.'

Regards

What are you asking for it?

My offer is 5K flat. You pay shipping to 60655.

Sorry, it's the best I can do here in a blind sale where there may be a lot of "adjustments" to my install.

If interested, call me at 312.401.1386, or, e-mail me at SergntMac@aol.com with your numbers?

Regards

PM sent.

Chip,

What the heck are you doing over here? Your supposed to be on the "other" forum.

Looks like a real father and son bonding trip. Very cool!

Why are you posting pictures of these beatiful animals that you mindlessly slaughtered on this site?

Jeff,

After a month in Tanzania, it's great to be back home. Here's a photo of my son Charley.

Chip

post-12804-1219460856_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1219461113_thumb.jpg

Any progress on the Hood Scoop package , are you guys going to offer it ?.............................Are you goning to be ar the Reno Air Races ?

ZDS

Cause they are delicious.

Heres a page for you if you want to post your views. http://www.peta.org/

I see no problem with hunting so long as you need the food and eat your catch, and so long as the animals are not endagered species. But, what's that go to do with a whipple supercharger anyway...back to topic!!!

I see no problem with hunting so long as you need the food and eat your catch, and so long as the animals are not endagered species. But, what's that go to do with a whipple supercharger anyway...back to topic!!!

Is that a cheetah?!! Cheetahs are endangered and at risk of extinction. It's illegal to harm them in many areas but apparently can be hunted in some countries/parks :shrug: Water buffalo's are *very* filling <burp -- lol> but likely not hunted for food in this case -- they're both trophy animals, I suspect. It pains me to see either needlessly killed, esp the cat.

I think some PETA folks are borderline nut-jobs but I also would not kill except for food. Sorry, I just couldn't be silent on that. No malice intended, Chip. Just my .02. Hope you had some quality time with your son.

It appears Chip is the proud owner. That guy has toys galore and is not affraid to pay for them. LuLu you would have had it if Chip would have came back 2 weeks later.

Bummer for you 'cause I'd like to have seen you get it-

Swede

Thanks for the sentiment, Swede. I was prepared to go higher in my offer, this is what buying/selling is all about. But, I never got a call or an e-mail, and you cannot negotiate with someone you can't talk to. Just as well, I'm more of a centrifugal fan anyway.

Jeff,

After a month in Tanzania, it's great to be back home. Here's a photo of my son Charley.

Chip

Gotta love those double rifles!

BTW, that's a leopard, not a cheetah. Do any of you realize that it is these hunting trips/hunters that actually pay for all the conservation efforts that actually help these animals to survive? There is very strict regulations by the countries in Africa to effectively manage their wildlife populations and it is also the very money that gets used for such purposes. No hunting=no or very little money to help preserve these animals. Kinda like here in the US. If you take away all of the money that hunters/fisherman spend every year in license fees etc then most of your money goes away and yep, conservation goes in the toilet.

As far as the buffalo, usually the meat goes towards paying the local tribesman who act as guides, camp workers, etc. So no, the meat doesn't go to waste. You can also ship it back to the States if I recall correctly, but it is pricey.

Some of you should read some Peter Hathaway Captsicks books and you'll see how hunting is extremely critical to helping preserve the future of these animals. The real problem is poaching and the black market (read Asia here).

It appears Chip is the proud owner. That guy has toys galore and is not affraid to pay for them. LuLu you would have had it if Chip would have came back 2 weeks later.

Bummer for you 'cause I'd like to have seen you get it-

Swede

Hey no snobs here or braggers, hey I got whipple 5k not a problem chump chain and way see you in 2 months going to germany then italy not bragging here. :doh:

Gotta love those double rifles!

BTW, that's a leopard, not a cheetah. Do any of you realize that it is these hunting trips/hunters that actually pay for all the conservation efforts that actually help these animals to survive? There is very strict regulations by the countries in Africa to effectively manage their wildlife populations and it is also the very money that gets used for such purposes. No hunting=no or very little money to help preserve these animals. Kinda like here in the US. If you take away all of the money that hunters/fisherman spend every year in license fees etc then most of your money goes away and yep, conservation goes in the toilet.

As far as the buffalo, usually the meat goes towards paying the local tribesman who act as guides, camp workers, etc. So no, the meat doesn't go to waste. You can also ship it back to the States if I recall correctly, but it is pricey.

Some of you should read some Peter Hathaway Captsicks books and you'll see how hunting is extremely critical to helping preserve the future of these animals. The real problem is poaching and the black market (read Asia here).

Ok gotta say this...I agree God made these animals so our families could eat. So as long as your eating what you kill, go for it. However if you kill just to kill you have a big f*cking probelm with your man hood. I say peope who do that are pure and simple punks with a gun and have to kill something to make themsleves feel like "I'm the man". This is the last post I'll make on this subject which is totally "off-topic". I say the moderators should move it or close it because if you want to talk killing for ego's go to another site, a hunting/safari site. I eat what I kill, bottom line-

Ok gotta say this...I agree God made these animals so our families could eat. So as long as your eating what you kill, go for it. However if you kill just to kill you have a big f*cking probelm with your man hood. I say peope who do that are pure and simple punks with a gun and have to kill something to make themsleves feel like "I'm the man". This is the last post I'll make on this subject which is totally "off-topic". I say the moderators should move it or close it because if you want to talk killing for ego's go to another site, a hunting/safari site. I eat what I kill, bottom line-

You're right, it's off topic from the original intent of this thread so I will make no more posts on this subject either. My only point was that 1) most of the funding for conservation (in Africa and the US) comes from hunters/fisherman and 2) hunting can and is used for game management/population control. If it makes someone feel big about themselves to shoot an animal, then that sounds like a personal problem. Of course, I'm sure it makes a lot of people feel big to have the fastest and most expensive car on the block.

Chip,

What the heck are you doing over here? Your supposed to be on the "other" forum.

Looks like a real father and son bonding trip. Very cool!

Rick,

Occasionally I venture off the Ford GT Forum and head over here. This is a great website and have met a lot of fine people here. If you're going to the Ford GT National Rally in Las Vegas next month, why don't you join us in Scottsdale September 8th and 9th? 45 Ford GT's in a caravan to Shelby's place in Las Vegas should be quite a sight. PM me if you think you might make it and I'll send you details. Thanks!

Chip

Why are you posting pictures of these beatiful animals that you mindlessly slaughtered on this site?

Strawman,

I posted pictures because another member welcomed me back from Africa. Mindlessly slaughtered? You know a whole lot of environmentalists think of our performance car hobby as mindless too. Mindless destruction of the environment. They say we are spewing needless tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in our pursuit of cheap thrills while burning fossil fuel in a recreational pursuit attempting to prove our manhood. I believe they have a faulty understanding.

CH53Driver has a clear understanding of what successful wildlife conservation requires. Over 90% of all monies used in wildlife conservation are paid for by sport hunters without whom the wildlife would quickly disappear. Kenya and Tanzania border in each other in East Africa. The Government of Kenya in the early 1980s stopped all sport hunting(mindless slaughter as you put it). Within 15 years virtually all of the game animals outside of the tiny protected national parks had disappeared. Without sport hunters paying hundreds of millions of dollars so the government game scouts could be employed, and without safari company operators managing and protecting all of the hunting blocks individually, local poachers eradicated every single animal large enough to eat within a decade. Tanzania went another direction. They established the largest game reserves in the world and divided them into 200 square mile blocks, each managed by a safari company operator with government game scouts on site. Hunters pay the tab for all of it to the tune of over half a billion dollars a year. 70% of the government's foreign currency and over a million high-paying jobs are a side benefit to the protection and preservation of Tanzania's wildlife. Kenya doesn't hunt and it is a wildlife free wasteland. Tanzania is the number one hunting destination in the world and as a result, it is teaming with wildlife. During our one month stay, Charley and I pumped over $100,000 into Tanzania's economy (almost $60,000 of that was spent on government wildlife conservation fees and permits), and we employed 22 people from bush pilots to cooks and game trackers.

All of the meat from the game animals we killed went to the local tribes. Everything is consumed including the eyeballs and intestines. My son and I were entitled only to the hides, skulls, and horns.

I walked over 15 miles a day in rough terrain hunting for a big bull elephant. I was unsuccessful but it was a glorious experience just the same. One does not hunt in order to kill. One kills on occasion, in order to have hunted. A man concerves only that which he loves. He loves only that which he understands. And he understands only that which he has taken the time to learn about. I have spent well over a year of my life afield. From Canada to Argentina and from Scotland to Johannesburg. I love Africa, the people, the country, and the wildlife.

President Theodore Roosevelt spent 11 months on Safari in East Africa in 1910 and he wrote:

"I speak of Africa and golden joys. The joy of wandering through lonely lands, the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary, and the grim.

In these greatest of the world's great hunting grounds there are mountain peaks whose snows are dazzling under the equatorial sun, swamps where the slime oozes and bubbles and festers in the steaming heat, lakes like seas, skies that burn above deserts where the iron desolation is shrouded from view by the wavering mockery of the image, vast grassy plains where palms and thorn trees fringe the dwindling streams, mighty rivers rushing out of the heart of the continent through the sadness of endless marshes, forests of gorgeous beauty, where death broods in the dark and silent depths.

The hunter who wanders through these lands sees sights which ever afterward remain fixed in his mind. He sees the monstrous river horse snorting and plunging beside the boat. The giraffe looking over the treetops at the nearing horsemen. The ostrich fleeing at a speed that none may rival. The snarling leopard and coiled python, with their lethal beauty. The zebras, barking in the moonlight, as the laden caravan passes on its night march through a thirsty land. In after years there shall come to him memories of the lion's charge, of the gray bulk of the elephant close at hand in a somber woodland, of the buffalo, his sullen eyes lowering from under his helmet of horn, of the rhinoceros, truculent and stupid, standing in the bright sunlight on the empty plane.

These things can be told. But there are no words that can tell of the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm. There is delight in the hardy life of the open, in long walks rifle in hand, in the thrill of the fight with dangerous game. Apart from this, yet mingled with it, is a strong attraction of the silent places, of the large tropic moon, and the splendor of the new stars, where the wanderers sees the awful glory of sunrise and sunset in the wide waste spaces of the earth, unworn of man, and changed only by the slow change of the ages through time everlasting."

Chip

PS: Back to the original point of this thread, I did buy the supercharger and as soon as it gets here I can finish the Whipple clearing strut tower brace. I'll post photos as soon as I can.

post-12804-1219568659_thumb.jpg

Since this thread has been trashed beyond all hope, I may as well continuine the trashing...

ChipBeck...While you were out of the country, I was out of state, but not hunting anything. More like healing with hope. Included here is a "personal" moment, a picture of where I went. As it was with your son, this was a moment of father/son bonding. I have been honored to be included in this moment.

In this pic, I am standing to your left, I am the shortest of the three men you see here. Center is Kenny, and next to him, stands (tall and proud) his father, Gary.

Gary was the very first Marauder owner I met, and today he remains a solid and trusted friend. Background...This picture is important to those in it. Read here?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,284232,00.html

In my pic here, you see the reunion of father and son after a serious tragedy. Survivors, both of them. Kenny (the big guy in the middle) is a firefighter with the Saint Andrews SC FD, and he was first on the scene. The Saint Andrews FD did not lose a fire fighter in this fight, but they lost a trusted "truck". The replacement "truck" is behind us.

(BTW...I don't understand a lot about fire lingo, they use words like "truck", "pumper", "engine", "ladder", and "buggy" around here. I suppose it makes sense to fire fighters, but not much to a former cop).

I was first to break this news to Gary. I was still on duty this day and at 4 AM that morning, the NCIC bulletin came across my desk. All I could think about was "how do I tell Gary". Gary and Gail were still sleeping, while their oldest son may be dead, or, burning to death. How do I mangage this?

I did this the best way I know how. Call them and tell them, no shirking of duty now. Sadly, the fresh news from the scene was delayed because Kenny's cell phone mellted in this fire. There were a few hours of silence and "unknowing". But, soon thereafter, father/mother/son were reunited by voice, but did not see each other again until this '08 road trip to Charleston SC. I was honord to be included.

We went back to the fire scene and Kenny could not get out of the car. I'm not surprise by this. I am trained and State certified as a cop "Traumatic Incident Counselor" and I don't see much of a difference between cops and fire fighters here. I got Kenny out of the car and made him look (again) at the scene. He did, and later thanked me. It wasn't easy for him to revisit a spot on the map where he lost so many friends, but it never is.

There it is, y'all. Spent a wonderful week in Charleston SC., healing family wounds and resealing one family's structure.

Y'all be safe, and hug your kids. It may be the last hug you get.

post-10715-1219605642_thumb.jpg

post-10715-1219605642_thumb.jpg

Since this thread has been trashed beyond all hope, I may as well continuine the trashing...

Mac,

Wow, that was outstanding. Thanks for relating it. One man's trash is another man's treasure, and that was one of the best posts I've ever read. I just wish all of those young men had been as fortunate as your friends son.

Chip

Strawman,

I posted pictures because another member welcomed me back from Africa. Mindlessly slaughtered? You know a whole lot of environmentalists think of our performance car hobby as mindless too. Mindless destruction of the environment. They say we are spewing needless tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in our pursuit of cheap thrills while burning fossil fuel in a recreational pursuit attempting to prove our manhood. I believe they have a faulty understanding.

CH53Driver has a clear understanding of what successful wildlife conservation requires. Over 90% of all monies used in wildlife conservation are paid for by sport hunters without whom the wildlife would quickly disappear. Kenya and Tanzania border in each other in East Africa. The Government of Kenya in the early 1980s stopped all sport hunting(mindless slaughter as you put it). Within 15 years virtually all of the game animals outside of the tiny protected national parks had disappeared. Without sport hunters paying hundreds of millions of dollars so the government game scouts could be employed, and without safari company operators managing and protecting all of the hunting blocks individually, local poachers eradicated every single animal large enough to eat within a decade. Tanzania went another direction. They established the largest game reserves in the world and divided them into 200 square mile blocks, each managed by a safari company operator with government game scouts on site. Hunters pay the tab for all of it to the tune of over half a billion dollars a year. 70% of the government's foreign currency and over a million high-paying jobs are a side benefit to the protection and preservation of Tanzania's wildlife. Kenya doesn't hunt and it is a wildlife free wasteland. Tanzania is the number one hunting destination in the world and as a result, it is teaming with wildlife. During our one month stay, Charley and I pumped over $100,000 into Tanzania's economy (almost $60,000 of that was spent on government wildlife conservation fees and permits), and we employed 22 people from bush pilots to cooks and game trackers.

All of the meat from the game animals we killed went to the local tribes. Everything is consumed including the eyeballs and intestines. My son and I were entitled only to the hides, skulls, and horns.

I walked over 15 miles a day in rough terrain hunting for a big bull elephant. I was unsuccessful but it was a glorious experience just the same. One does not hunt in order to kill. One kills on occasion, in order to have hunted. A man concerves only that which he loves. He loves only that which he understands. And he understands only that which he has taken the time to learn about. I have spent well over a year of my life afield. From Canada to Argentina and from Scotland to Johannesburg. I love Africa, the people, the country, and the wildlife.

President Theodore Roosevelt spent 11 months on Safari in East Africa in 1910 and he wrote:

"I speak of Africa and golden joys. The joy of wandering through lonely lands, the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary, and the grim.

In these greatest of the world's great hunting grounds there are mountain peaks whose snows are dazzling under the equatorial sun, swamps where the slime oozes and bubbles and festers in the steaming heat, lakes like seas, skies that burn above deserts where the iron desolation is shrouded from view by the wavering mockery of the image, vast grassy plains where palms and thorn trees fringe the dwindling streams, mighty rivers rushing out of the heart of the continent through the sadness of endless marshes, forests of gorgeous beauty, where death broods in the dark and silent depths.

The hunter who wanders through these lands sees sights which ever afterward remain fixed in his mind. He sees the monstrous river horse snorting and plunging beside the boat. The giraffe looking over the treetops at the nearing horsemen. The ostrich fleeing at a speed that none may rival. The snarling leopard and coiled python, with their lethal beauty. The zebras, barking in the moonlight, as the laden caravan passes on its night march through a thirsty land. In after years there shall come to him memories of the lion's charge, of the gray bulk of the elephant close at hand in a somber woodland, of the buffalo, his sullen eyes lowering from under his helmet of horn, of the rhinoceros, truculent and stupid, standing in the bright sunlight on the empty plane.

These things can be told. But there are no words that can tell of the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can review its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm. There is delight in the hardy life of the open, in long walks rifle in hand, in the thrill of the fight with dangerous game. Apart from this, yet mingled with it, is a strong attraction of the silent places, of the large tropic moon, and the splendor of the new stars, where the wanderers sees the awful glory of sunrise and sunset in the wide waste spaces of the earth, unworn of man, and changed only by the slow change of the ages through time everlasting."

Chip

PS: Back to the original point of this thread, I did buy the supercharger and as soon as it gets here I can finish the Whipple clearing strut tower brace. I'll post photos as soon as I can.

Well put no matter what you do there's alway someone crying that it's wrong and it not moral. Till they get caught doing something wrong then it's ok. If we go back to the stone age we can't hunt we can alway's eat each other. I use to hunt people for a living is that wrong maybe Sweden can explain it to me, I'm a little dense :drool: So do what makes you happy and live and die happy. And look at my hero charles Bronson my favorite hunter the liberals don't like till it happens to them then its ok. I'll go hunting anytime with you in the bronx or over sea's :salute::salute:

post-18733-1219617290_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1219617334_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1219617290_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1219617334_thumb.jpg

Mac,

Wow, that was outstanding. Thanks for relating it. One man's trash is another man's treasure, and that was one of the best posts I've ever read. I just wish all of those young men had been as fortunate as your friends son.

Chip

Kind words, sir, thank you.

Kenny is doing well and staying in the game. Soon to be promoted to Engineer, he will be a fire fighter for life, I am sure of it. IMHO, Kenny is a future Chief.

It's easy for any of us to run from such trauma, but Kenny did not run. God bless (and protect) the man.

Racer, that baby holds the paper plate like a steering wheel of a SGT
It's in the blood and not even 1yr old, I have a shot of her holding a car trader magazine and she loves to sit on my nice BK car finger prints everywhere. and thank you

post-18733-1219634666_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1219634666_thumb.jpg

ChipBeck...While you were out of the country, I was out of state, but not hunting anything. More like healing with hope. Included here is a "personal" moment, a picture of where I went. As it was with your son, this was a moment of father/son bonding. I have been honored to be included in this moment.

In this pic, I am standing to your left, I am the shortest of the three men you see here. Center is Kenny, and next to him, stands (tall and proud) his father, Gary.

Gary was the very first Marauder owner I met, and today he remains a solid and trusted friend. Background...This picture is important to those in it. Read here?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,284232,00.html

In my pic here, you see the reunion of father and son after a serious tragedy. Survivors, both of them. Kenny (the big guy in the middle) is a firefighter with the Saint Andrews SC FD, and he was first on the scene. The Saint Andrews FD did not lose a fire fighter in this fight, but they lost a trusted "truck". The replacement "truck" is behind us.

(BTW...I don't understand a lot about fire lingo, they use words like "truck", "pumper", "engine", "ladder", and "buggy" around here. I suppose it makes sense to fire fighters, but not much to a former cop).

I was first to break this news to Gary. I was still on duty this day and at 4 AM that morning, the NCIC bulletin came across my desk. All I could think about was "how do I tell Gary". Gary and Gail were still sleeping, while their oldest son may be dead, or, burning to death. How do I mangage this?

I did this the best way I know how. Call them and tell them, no shirking of duty now. Sadly, the fresh news from the scene was delayed because Kenny's cell phone mellted in this fire. There were a few hours of silence and "unknowing". But, soon thereafter, father/mother/son were reunited by voice, but did not see each other again until this '08 road trip to Charleston SC. I was honord to be included.

We went back to the fire scene and Kenny could not get out of the car. I'm not surprise by this. I am trained and State certified as a cop "Traumatic Incident Counselor" and I don't see much of a difference between cops and fire fighters here. I got Kenny out of the car and made him look (again) at the scene. He did, and later thanked me. It wasn't easy for him to revisit a spot on the map where he lost so many friends, but it never is.

There it is, y'all. Spent a wonderful week in Charleston SC., healing family wounds and resealing one family's structure.

Y'all be safe, and hug your kids. It may be the last hug you get.

As a fire chief for a California fire department, my heart and prayers go out to the families, firefighters and the former fire chief who resigned. I would never want to have this happen on my watch. It reminds me how vunerable we are. If you know some of the SC FD members, let them know that we in California pray for them.

Archived