TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch dragging Issue, anyone Know a good dealer?

Bloomy63

:censored:

I've noticed my car getting slightly more difficult to shift. So I did the "grabber test" in my garage and I start to hear the hiss of the clutch after about 3 seconds and after holding it down for about 20 seconds the hiss doesn't stop.

:banghead:

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with a dealer's service department, or had their car fixed near York, PA?

I'd like to take it somewhere that knows how to work on these cars.

Too bad........ this my first post.

I stopped by my local dealer today (Beasley Ford, 1st time using them) to drop off my f-250 to repair some body damage caused by a deer. So I decided to talk to them about my troubles with my car, the service manager wasn't available so I spoke with the master mechanic whom is also their only SVT mechanic.

We discussed the car's symptoms and after he read the TSB he agrees my car needs to be repaired. He is going to speak with the service manager tomorrow and as long as the service manager is ok with it, he is going to order the necessary parts for the repair.

Hopefully the service manager approves the work.

My fab date is october 2007

When did ford begin installation of the "polished" input shaft? One of my friends is curious because also has a GT 500 with a may 2008 build date. Now he is worried about his car. I know he won't have the new flywheel.

I also know the trannie with the "polished shaft has a different part number anyone know what it is?

I stopped by my local dealer today (Beasley Ford, 1st time using them) to drop off my f-250 to repair some body damage caused by a deer. So I decided to talk to them about my troubles with my car, the service manager wasn't available so I spoke with the master mechanic whom is also their only SVT mechanic.

We discussed the car's symptoms and after he read the TSB he agrees my car needs to be repaired. He is going to speak with the service manager tomorrow and as long as the service manager is ok with it, he is going to order the necessary parts for the repair.

Hopefully the service manager approves the work.

My fab date is october 2007

When did ford begin installation of the "polished" input shaft? One of my friends is curious because also has a GT 500 with a may 2008 build date. Now he is worried about his car. I know he won't have the new flywheel.

I also know the trannie with the "polished shaft has a different part number anyone know what it is?

Send me your friends Vin # in a PM and I will have a little birdie check it for you.

I printed off the entire post regarding the clutch dragging issue (20pages) and the TSB itself. I was worried because I only experienced the problems shifting sometimes, so I wanted to have all the evidence I could. They didn't even look at my stuff. The service manager looked up the TSB on there computer. then went for a very short test ride and even with almost no symptoms present said the work would be done. It was a lot easier than i thought. Everyone should thank GRABBER for his exceptional dedication to this topic.

Brian

edit---BTW mine was built late feb. of 08

is this more of a problem on the 08's or 07's. and what is the story behind the hissing. does that mean it needs to be repaired. i have not been following the whole story here.

thanks.

2007, 2008 AND SOME OF THE 2009'S ARE AFFECTED.

Here's the deal on the hiss test.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=11629&hl=

Archived