TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Head rests

03snake

Are the head rests adjusable only up and down? I can not stand how they lean forward like they do.......Or am I just totally missing it here....

No, not missing anything. It would be nice if they had some kind of swivel though. Either I'm too tall or I just sit weird, but my head generally doesn't hit the head rest, thankfully.

Thanks for bringing this topic up. I for one, cannot stand the headrest. I find it to be down right intrusive if not uncomfortable. If any one out there knows of a vendor who may sell the headrest without the bend in it or some other solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

Much thanks

The headrests are fine for me but I'm over 6 ft tall and I like the seat slightly reclined; but my wife hates them, she's 5' 4". I can see how they can bother some folks. I wonder why Ford came up with that design?

My understanding is that there is a new saftey regulation and starting in 2008 the head rest has to be within 2 inches of the back of your head. Unfortunately in my case it rubs the back of my head which is very irratating. Someone must make an aftermarket head rest that doesn't have as great an angle to it. I hope someone comes forward with some relief.

funny, my wife is isnt bothered by the headrest but....

wont ride in the car unless the windows are up and the a/c is on :banghead: !!! so, i take her when i want to circulate the a/c compressor. otherwise its windows down and wind blowin like crazy :hysterical:

she has to have her "climate control" so her hair doesn't get all tangled in the wind. damn.

Nice to see I'm not the only one. They really don't bother me so much, but the wife won't ride in the car because of them......Wait, why am I complaining again...????

Are the head rests adjusable only up and down? I can not stand how they lean forward like they do.......Or am I just totally missing it here....

I really like the headrests the way they are. I'm about 6'1" and I've always driven with the seat reclined a bit as I have long arms and never felt comfortable on top of the wheel. So I lean forward a bit. Driving like that in every other car I've driven pulls my head so far away from the headrest that in a collision I'd probably snap my neck. In the shelby, my heads about 3" away so I feel more tied into the seat.

funny, my wife is isnt bothered by the headrest but....

she has to have her "climate control" so her hair doesn't get all tangled in the wind. damn.

That's a bit odd. My bride commented on how the wind doesn't mess up her hair. She thinks it's because of the way the car sits. All of a sudden she has an engineering degree !! :hysterical:

No they don't adjust they were designed that way for safety reasons. My 2007 Lincoln MKX has almost the same type of headrest!

Finally, something that doesnt fit for anyone but Us tall people

I am 6'4" and I wanted a 03 Mach1 but couldnt fit in it. I wanted an 04 Terminator but couldnt fit in it. I was pissed that I couldnt get any kind of sports car cause there all designed around midgets ;)

When the Shelby arrived I said HALAUYA :happy feet: So it is a rare thing when a design works out better for tall people rather than the vertically challenged. :)

I'm for it - guess this is a car finally made for tall people. I'm 6' 4" and love the headrest and leg room in this car. My '98 Mustang's head rest came up to my shoulders - wonder how I didn't end up with whiplash when I got rear ended in that car, just lost my hat.

If the headrest is bothersome, why not visit a local auto upholstery shop and see if they can modify it a little (slimmer padding, etc.)?

Michael

Archived