TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR #089.....rolling in Texas

Remnant43

I'd like to thank AMY and all the members of the Forum for all the info I've

learned the past year and a half. I've been Lurking through ShelbyAutos since

Feb. 07. and figure it's time to post!

Here's my story. I owned a 71 Mach I 429SCJ. Wasn't a Boss. but the next thing to it.

Back then, the insurance co's and No-Lead Gas was making life unbearable. So, I sold it.

Have regretted it ever since. Bought a 460 Ranchero, but it just wasn't the same.

Then Ford & Shelby Brought out the 500GT...WoW, finaly a performance car! The first

Picture of the KR I saw, I was Hooked!....Love at first sight! I ran down to my dealer

and tried to order one. Of course he had never heard of such a thing....but took my

name & number...and said I'd be First on the List! (yeah right) 3 months later he called

and said... We might just get one of those KR'S. By then, I had given up, and was looking

at 500GT's which were bringing 20k over msrp. SO in JUly 07 I put down a

deposit and said I give 20k over for a KR! We thought msrp would be @ 65k.

6 months...nothing. If it wern't for you guys feeding me info on that lottery system,

I would have bought a (heaven forbid) Cheverolet.

Feb 08 Salesman calls and says....We got one! But Ford raised msrp to 80k. I thought

Holy %#@#&*% ! Thats 100k! So I swallowed real hard (twice) and said ....Oooo kaaay.

Lets order it , at least I get to pick the color. I got one of the 30 or so Blue ones

in the First wave. (7 months later). After driving it for 5 minutes......it was all

worth it. Middle-age crazy, or a dream come true.....the Shelby magic ..is ...still there.

Sorry About the Pics.......Haven't figured PhotoBucket out yet.

post-20374-1218951288_thumb.jpg

post-20374-1218951303_thumb.jpg

post-20374-1218951315_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Team Shelby :)

Wow !! :happy feet:

Beautiful ride. I was at SAI the other day and was looking at them in person for the first time, and I know how you must feel. Enjoy the car for the rest of your life. You earned it, so enjoy it and drive it. It's great to see people buy these cars that are going to actually drive them. :shift:

We need more pic's when you get time. Here is a link on "how to" use photobucket that I made. It's pretty easy to use.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9559

Drive safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on a nice KR.

I couldn't tell whether you got it at John Chandler or Gene Messer from your first pic.

I think the extra sealing is so the grass hopper and miller parts, that the ram air scoop on the hood puts into your cold air intake filter, stay there. :D

I'm way up in the top of Texas........2 miles West of Amarillo.

That would put you in a feed lot if you're on the north side of the highway or the cadillac ranch if you are on the south :hysterical:

Actually, bet you live in the breaks. Nice car. Is the CAI shroud the same one that they have on the Bullitt?

Congrats on a nice KR.

I couldn't tell whether you got it at John Chandler or Gene Messer from your first pic.

I think the extra sealing is so the grass hopper and miller parts, that the ram air scoop on the hood puts into your cold air intake filter, stay there. :D

Mine came from Gene Messer......I think they got it for selling the most Pickups....of all things. They're also getting a RED KR

latter on.....Which I don't think is spoken for yet.

John Chandler is also suspose to get one.......WoW 3 KR's in one town......Hope we can stay out of each others way! :drool:

That would put you in a feed lot if you're on the north side of the highway or the cadillac ranch if you are on the south :hysterical:

Actually, bet you live in the breaks. Nice car. Is the CAI shroud the same one that they have on the Bullitt?

North Side....actually on the old Hiway 66 instead of the Interstate......Upwind of the Feedlot. :D

Not sure on the CAI.......Haven't seen under the hood of a Bullitt!

Archived