TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 KR current price? Is it worth it?

What is the going price of a KR at the present time most are seeing? I watch ebay and see no sales . I want to know what they are really selling for now.I turned down 2 deals at 10k over. I know people say they are selling for 120k plus (but I know they are not)

I been talking and could make a deal with one right now for 5 k over.(and feel a sticker deal is possible if I really push it)sticker on car is just under 82

I been going back and forth wondering if it is worth trading my 07 in and adding another 45k to buy a KR

Trying to feel out how many feel the KR is worth the extra 45k.

One day I say I am buying it and the other day I say I don't see the where the extra value is.

Just looking to see what others feel.

thanks

in advance!

What is the going price of a KR at the present time most are seeing? I watch ebay and see no sales . I want to know what they are really selling for now.I turned down 2 deals at 10k over. I know people say they are selling for 120k plus (but I know they are not)

I been talking and could make a deal with one right now for 5 k over.(and feel a sticker deal is possible if I really push it)sticker on car is just under 82

I been going back and forth wondering if it is worth trading my 07 in and adding another 45k to buy a KR

One day I say I am buying it and the other day I say I don't see the where the extra value is.

thanks

in advance!

i'll take it for $5k over!!! NOW!

thanks

in advance!

Sounds like you are less inspired about the KR than you were buying the 07. Perhaps it is time to step back and wait. IMO at those prices they will still be available next spring.

thanks

in advance!

I think the 40th Anniversary Package would be the way to go, only 500 to be built add the 605hp TVS with the FRPP/KR shifter. The KR is nice, but is it $45K nicer? To some it is, for me it's not. Have you seen one in the showroom? I did and decided it was just not worth it to me. They may be worth big bucks in 30-40 years but I'd rather spend less for a lower limited edition SHELBY.

I agree all the way with the 40TH Anniversary pkg. 45k for a hood isn't worth it, and you get more extras than a KR. Put cold air and pulley on and you have 60 more hp than KRs.

No offence to anyone with the 40th Anv SAI package because it is definetly a nice looking package but IMO anyone that has an 07 GT500 already has a 40th aniversary model year GT500 .

The KR is a different model with a different look and performance package and is a factory car not an aftermarket add on type car.Therefore it will always be held in higher esteem for that reason and more sought after IMO.

That said $40,000 more than an 07 GT500 is really an emotional decision that only each individual can make personally.

I think the prices will drop down to sticker very soon and maybe even a bit lower unless our economy gets better real soon.

No offence to anyone with the 40th Anv SAI package because it is definetly a nice looking package but IMO anyone that has an 07 GT500 already has a 40th aniversary model year GT500 .

The KR is a different model with a different look and performance package and is a factory car not an aftermarket add on type car.Therefore it will always be held in higher esteem for that reason and more sought after IMO.

That said $40,000 more than an 07 GT500 is really an emotional decision that only each individual can make personally.

I think the prices will drop down to sticker very soon and maybe even a bit lower unless our economy gets better real soon.

Well said, I do think the economy is on the road to some sort of recovery. You just don't wake up one morning and the headline says "Economy Fully Recovered at 6:03 AM"

Aftermarket cars are what makes the Shelby name. You have very dedicated people at SAI converting cars and giving each one a CSM number. I don't consider my 40TH an aftermarket add on. I think of it as a original Shelby and one of only 500 built.Back to the question is it worth trading an 07 and adding another 45K?

I would send my 07 to SAI for the 40th $11250, kb $10,000, brakes $4,200 for a totol of $25,450 just like Dan [cobra Fan] did. That would give you the most powerfull Shelby made to date and the most rarest of all.KRs 1800. SSs 2000 40th 500.

I Could be wrong, but I don't think Dan would trade his car for a KR. Would you Dan?

I'm very much in the same boat. I have a deposit down at a dealership, but that just gets me to first-in-line to talk price. The dealer is very honest, and wants to wait until the car is on the showroom floor before we start talking turkey.

The MSRP is definately on the steep side. I believe that Ford and Shelby basically "ate" the dealer's ADMs on the car - they saw the huge ADMs going on the GT500's, and decided to add it into the MSRP of the KR. Whichever way you slice it, $35k is a lot for what you (physically) get. I am not talking about the end result, I am just talking about the physical parts and labour necessary to get the cars from stock GT500 to GT500KR. Now that ADMs have disappeared on the GT500s, what does that mean for the KR? Couple that with the fact that they are late-late-late. Rumour has it that they are rolling off the production line, but I have still yet to hear of a sighting of a KR in the triple-digits (highest I heard of so far was #89). So, 2008 KR's are going to be sitting on the showroom floor right next to 2009 Mustangs (and GT500s perhaps?).

Anyway, no flames here please, I am just thinking out loud. I can get a great deal on a GT500 (or a BlackJack, which I think are nice too), and have a bunch of cash left over compared to springing for a KR. I even consider the Nissan GT-R for a while. The bottom line is, I think I would kick myself if I didn't wait until I could at least see my KR in the "flesh". I am definately not considering over MSRP though. The long wait has certainly cooled my enthusiasm, but it has given me time to mull it over, and decide to be patient. So, my advice (FWIW) - wait until they actually show up on a showroom floor near you, go take a look, and see if the car "speaks" to you - then make your decision.

Chris

As far as the economy I don't think we will see anything until after the election. And even that could have a major impact on things depending on who is elected as far as whether things turn for the better or turn for the worse.

I'm very much in the same boat. I have a deposit down at a dealership, but that just gets me to first-in-line to talk price. The dealer is very honest, and wants to wait until the car is on the showroom floor before we start talking turkey.

The MSRP is definately on the steep side. I believe that Ford and Shelby basically "ate" the dealer's ADMs on the car - they saw the huge ADMs going on the GT500's, and decided to add it into the MSRP of the KR. Whichever way you slice it, $35k is a lot for what you (physically) get. I am not talking about the end result, I am just talking about the physical parts and labour necessary to get the cars from stock GT500 to GT500KR. Now that ADMs have disappeared on the GT500s, what does that mean for the KR? Couple that with the fact that they are late-late-late. Rumour has it that they are rolling off the production line, but I have still yet to hear of a sighting of a KR in the triple-digits (highest I heard of so far was #89). So, 2008 KR's are going to be sitting on the showroom floor right next to 2009 Mustangs (and GT500s perhaps?).

Anyway, no flames here please, I am just thinking out loud. I can get a great deal on a GT500 (or a BlackJack, which I think are nice too), and have a bunch of cash left over compared to springing for a KR. I even consider the Nissan GT-R for a while. The bottom line is, I think I would kick myself if I didn't wait until I could at least see my KR in the "flesh". I am definately not considering over MSRP though. The long wait has certainly cooled my enthusiasm, but it has given me time to mull it over, and decide to be patient. So, my advice (FWIW) - wait until they actually show up on a showroom floor near you, go take a look, and see if the car "speaks" to you - then make your decision.

Chris

Thanks Chris (and all for their input)

The car is in the flesh. I think I was more excited or ready to to the deal until I actually sat in the car and seen it.

Yes I know its a KR(and that's why I am even thinking about going for it) and maybe down the road it will be worth money.(but wouldn't buy it for that reason) My intentions are to enjoy it if I buy it ,not put it away.

Seeing both car next to each other, Iam having a real hard time laying out 45k plus my car.They really are the same car beside the hood and wheels

I can buy another GT500 for the same money and have 2 cars. Just talking out load thinking what the extra 45k actually is.(My car does have a TVS already suspension 3.73 and a few other extras If I trade it in of course it would go back all stock)

Seeing both cars next to each other I am not sure the KR is worth the extra money.

Going back and forth with my feelings and reading all the post I most likely will pass on it.

I put post up to see if I was thinking in or out of the circle(looks like most feel the same way I do)

I have to tomorrow to make up my mind and give my answer.

thanks again!!!

I agree with most. The KR is very nice and it may be a collector piece in the future, but $80K + ADM is a lot. The way I look at it, these is much more difference partswise between a GT500 and a regular Mustang GT, than between a GT500 and a KR, still this is the exact opposite as far as price is concerned. I still like the KR and if money was no object for me, I would definitely want one, but if I had to pay for a more exclusive car than the GT500, I would have my car converted to a SS instead. More bang for the buck IMHO.

Bottom line is are you a fan of mods or not. If you are the type to leave a performance vehicle stock with the factory upgrades Ford has already done to the KR than I would get the KR. If you will have to scratch the mod itch the KR is not the car to modify. Better to just stay with the GT500 and upgrade it to exactly what you want.

I am in line for a KR, I put money down a whle back for a guaranteed spot. Now that I will have to make a decision in the next 6 months or so to buy or take back the deposti, I have been asking myself the same question. I love my gt500 with a huge list of upgrades, all the power you can handle, and the ability to customize anything I want. That is something I would rather not do to a piece of history like the KR is. I highly doubt in future years the car will be worth anything more than MSRP at best. Time will tell I guess. But it still will be a piece of history no doubt regardless.

If you love to mod, I would stay away from the KR. If you can appreciate what it is and leave it as is then I would buy it. I feel your pain! Lol.

You'll see lots of different package cars from Ford....the coolectors Kr is the original...want a car value that will collect for you too? go with either the 40th, or SS...those are the new originals...

If you want great bang for the buck...go terlingua...it will be bigger than people think...

You are right. That one is a sleeper.Anything from SAI will be collectable, For 2010 maybe a KR golf cart?

I don't know about that (the SAI part, not the golf cart part! :-> ). A lot of people have been talking up the KR as being an "Instant Classic", partly based on the strong desireability of the original 60's KR's and GT500's. The world is a very different place now though - back in the 60's, Shelby was the only game in town. Now, there is a lot of competition, (Roush, Saleen, etc.), a huge aftermarket, and many more GT500's produced. I think Shelby and SAI may have flooded the market a little, but only time will tell...

I would actually love to go back and collect some statistics on KR prices over the decades. I wonder how long it was before KR prices got above the original MSRP, and how much longer before it beat "adjusted dollars" - then follow the book price on the new KRs and see if there is any correlation whatsoever.

Chris.

[edit: corrected typos]

Archived