TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Air Vents Ratteling

rootdoc

I have made 4 long road trips this summer and have noticed a rattle from the oval air vents. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions to correct it?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick,

If it's from the drivers side I have a suggestion. Take both of your hands and put one on the trim on the right side and the other hand on the trim on the left side. Grip the trim with your fingers. I am talking the trim arount the RPM and speedo area. Gently pull straight out torwards the steering wheel. The peice will pop right out.

You can put some felt in there at a few contact locations, or just snap it right back in and see if it cures your problem. To check and see if this is the problem area, do this: While your driving and it is rattling, put a little pressure with your hand on the trim around the speedo or RPM trim. If it stops rattling...that's your problem area.

Rick,

If it's from the drivers side I have a suggestion. Take both of your hands and put one on the trim on the right side and the other hand on the trim on the left side. Grip the trim with your fingers. I am talking the trim arount the RPM and speedo area. Gently pull straight out torwards the steering wheel. The peice will pop right out.

You can put some felt in there at a few contact locations, or just snap it right back in and see if it cures your problem. To check and see if this is the problem area, do this: While your driving and it is rattling, put a little pressure with your hand on the trim around the speedo or RPM trim. If it stops rattling...that's your problem area.

Thanks Grabber!

Archived