TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pic's from todays Landmark Ford Rally

Grabber

Thank you to Landmark Ford and Newberg Ford for todays free event. :) :happy feet:

http://www.mustang-club.com/Flyers/Ultimat...p;FordRally.pdf

Today's Driving Ralley Sponsered by Landmark Ford and Newberg Ford was very fun. We met Bad Tony and his wife at Starbucks and then headed over to the meeting point. On the way SteelSteeds caught us. When we arrived at Landmark Ford we raninto another member - lbfdengineer. So there were 4o of us Team Shelby members in GT500's. Tana took her California Special, but decided to ride with me on the rally as my Co-Pilot. This was one of those ralleys where they release a car every minute with a map and clues on how to get thru the trip. It was about a 2 hour trip and about 80 miles or so.

We left the house at 8am. :o

LandmarkFordRally2008001.jpg

Tana was on my butt the entire way. :shift:

LandmarkFordRally2008002.jpg

I was following BadTony. :shift:

LandmarkFordRally2008003.jpg

Tana, Suzie and SteelSteeds cought up on old times.

LandmarkFordRally2008018.jpg

When we arrived at the destination - Newberg Ford, there was a Grabber Orange radio station there to document the event. :happy feet:

LandmarkFordRally2008019.jpg

BadTony and SteelSteeds shootin the bull. :talkhand:

LandmarkFordRally2008022.jpg

Tana & lbfdengineer & Suzie telling stories. :talkhand:

LandmarkFordRally2008020.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x53/Gra...ally2008021.jpg

Tana watched on as our teams won nothing :hysterical: .......but we had fun, and that's all that counts. :happy feet:

LandmarkFordRally2008030.jpg

This crew then headed out for the 2nd half of the rally, and we headed for home because we had other plans.

LandmarkFordRally2008029.jpg

THIS WAS A FUN DRIVING EVENT ON A VERY NICE SUNNY HOT DAY.

Congrats to lbfdengineer (Gary and Susie) for winning an award on the second leg of the rally! I think they took 3rd?

They gave away a lot more prizes at the end than they did at the first leg. And, since I didn't win any awards, I was quite thrilled when they asked everyone who hadn't won an award to come up and grab a little something. There were a bunch of hats and t-shirts, and I'd already had my eye on a cool GT 500 shirt laying on the table. I managed to wade into the horde of people pawing through the table, and came out with the shirt!

A fun ride, but NEXT time I definitely need a copilot. It was really hard to do solo. The second leg was even harder than the first, and I took many unauthorized detours, but still came in less than 2 minutes from the official time. Sadly, I missed a lot of the questions, as I never saw some of the things the questions asked about.

Congrats to lbfdengineer (Gary and Susie) for winning an award on the second leg of the rally! I think they took 3rd?

They gave away a lot more prizes at the end than they did at the first leg. And, since I didn't win any awards, I was quite thrilled when they asked everyone who hadn't won an award to come up and grab a little something. There were a bunch of hats and t-shirts, and I'd already had my eye on a cool GT 500 shirt laying on the table. I managed to wade into the horde of people pawing through the table, and came out with the shirt!

A fun ride, but NEXT time I definitely need a copilot. It was really hard to do solo. The second leg was even harder than the first, and I took many unauthorized detours, but still came in less than 2 minutes from the official time. Sadly, I missed a lot of the questions, as I never saw some of the things the questions asked about.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the 2nd leg of the Rally and scored a cool shirt. I don't know how you managed by yourself. That's why Tana hopped into the car with me. We had no idea this driving rally was going to be like this or we would not of brought both cars. No biggie, but I thought we were going for a long cruise. Tony's wife got car sick on all the twisties, so they bailed, and we needed to get home to our son.

I thought it was very cool that the dealerships put this event on, and did not charge for it. Because of this kind of hospitality, I would consider buying my next car from them. I bought a truck from landmark in 1989 and have not been back there in 20 years.

BTW, The Co. I work for built Landmark Ford.

Archived