TEAM SHELBY FORUM

valve cover paint bubbling!

diamondback

I am seeing the paint on the valve cover bubbling the top SVT silver part. What are people doing about this? Must be from the heat and wrong type of paint? I also would assume that this is happening to everyone with over 1000 miles.

Mine bubbled big time. It wasw at dealer for other items and I mentioned it. While it was there, they replaced them with new, that have been good so far.

I am seeing the paint on the valve cover bubbling the top SVT silver part. What are people doing about this? Must be from the heat and wrong type of paint? I also would assume that this is happening to everyone with over 1000 miles.

Ewww definitely take 'er in and have the dealership rectify the seetuation... unless you took it upon yourself to customize a little... :drool:

Bubbles will definitely show up if they weren't painted correctly. There may have been defects in the paint or "applicant" error although that's hard from the factory... then again, some problems shouldn't exist at all whether straight from the factory or not...

7600 and no bubblies, but I'll look out for them.

Archived