TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone from MA/NH Area?

crispy23c

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the MA border in NH. Anyone local get their '500? Anyone local on these forums?

I'm on the MA\RI border and I have mine. Picked my Alloy coupe up on Sep 29th :happy feet: built Aug 28th to the 30th. Don't know anyone in my area that has one, however I do know someone that thought he had one. :shrug: Do you have one?? :shift:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, the N.E. must like Alloy! I was good to go (verbal) with Bonnell Ford (Winchester, MA) for a 'vert on a verbal. Had this agreement w/the dealer for over a year,started the list there, and then they turned on me about 2 weeks before the order banks opened. $25k over sticker. :banghead:

Very frustrating.

So, for right now, I have no Shelby, and will wait till the price drops to near MSRP (sorry, can't swallow +$20k for any car). Glad to hear we all have good taste. My car would have been Alloy Vert/Black/Black. Some day...

It's a damn good thing I'm a patient guy! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the MA\RI border and I have mine. Picked my Alloy coupe up on Sep 29th :happy feet: built Aug 28th to the 30th. Don't know anyone in my area that has one, however I do know someone that thought he had one. :shrug: Do you have one?? :shift:

Im in Massachusetts. Got ours 2 weeks ago. :happy feet: Does anyone have any idea how to find out when car was built and also what number the car is in production? Just curious :hyper:

Im in Massachusetts. Got ours 2 weeks ago. :happy feet: Does anyone have any idea how to find out when car was built and also what number the car is in production? Just curious :hyper:

Yep bought one out of state at MSRP. Was delivered last week. White / blue stripe

Wow!!!!!! :headspin: Look at all these Alloy's in New England. :hyper:

I ordered Alloy because I didn't think it would be a popular color, although I do love the color very much. Guess I was wrong again. :ohsnap: Took mine off the road officially last Friday Dec 1st. It's tucked away with it's older brother for the winter. 1500 miles before I tucked it in. Can't wait till spring, :happy feet: . I cancelled the collision part on my insurance, can't wait to see what I will save on insurance. We all need to get together next year and show off our new toys. Merry Christmas to all. :shift:

I found out when mine was built through dealer being posted by regional rep. Your dealer should be able to assist you. As far as the order in which it was built, i'm not sure. Maybe your dealer can get that info as well. :shift:

Wow, the N.E. must like Alloy! I was good to go (verbal) with Bonnell Ford (Winchester, MA) for a 'vert on a verbal. Had this agreement w/the dealer for over a year,started the list there, and then they turned on me about 2 weeks before the order banks opened. $25k over sticker. :banghead:

Very frustrating.

So, for right now, I have no Shelby, and will wait till the price drops to near MSRP (sorry, can't swallow +$20k for any car). Glad to hear we all have good taste. My car would have been Alloy Vert/Black/Black. Some day...

It's a damn good thing I'm a patient guy! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

That's the same story I heard that happened to someone I know. I let my original deal fall between the cracks because I too would not spend 15K over sticker, but I have no patience. :baby: I know I paid a lot of money for mine, :cry: but I think I know what it will be worth in 25 years :idea: when I pass it down to my sons. I paid a little now, :hysterical2: they will benefit hopefully in the future. Good luck, I hope your patience will pay out in the long run for you. :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

We should all go the the NH Mustang Club's show on Father's day this spring. They hold it in Nashua, NH, right on the MA border. How freakin cool would it be to have a row of Alloy Shelby? There's usually about 200 cars there too and it's a great time!

I'm there!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

We should all go the the NH Mustang Club's show on Father's day this spring. They hold it in Nashua, NH, right on the MA border. How freakin cool would it be to have a row of Alloy Shelby? There's usually about 200 cars there too and it's a great time!

I'll be there too, Car or no car! Have you guys been there in the past? I used to show a Grabber Blue 1969 Convertible GT500, white top & interior.....

I'll be there too, Car or no car! Have you guys been there in the past? I used to show a Grabber Blue 1969 Convertible GT500, white top & interior.....

Usually I have my 66 Coupe ay Mustangs Unlimited in Hartford Ct. at the annual Shelby show every Fathers day. Oh no, I'm going to want to bring my Shelby to the Shelby show now. I've been bringing my Mustang there for years and now I have a Shelby. I got to check on actual dates. What happened to your 69 GT500?Hope everyone has a great holiday season, Merry Christmas to all, and go Pats. :shift:

• 2 months later...

post-8222-1172528963_thumb.jpg

Just signed on to the forum.

I'm located in southern MA near the RI border (Blackstone to be precise).

And like everyone else, looking forward to summer driving weather and cruise nights.

Current vehicles:

07 Gt 500

67 "S" code fastback

49 Chevy pick up (Grandfathers)

Recently sold my 67 GT 500 (no, I didn't suffer a head injury)

And like everyone else, looking forward to summer driving weather and cruise nights.

Current vehicles:

07 Gt 500

67 "S" code fastback

Welcome to the forum fastfordnut,

Glad you found us. Hang around for a while.

Do you like cheeze whiz ?

Watch out for SCGT500 and Carnut. Alloy Dave is OK and if you make friends with Ruf, you will be "in". :hysterical:

Current vehicles:

07 Gt 500

67 "S" code fastback

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear there is another Shelby in the valley. Not too many in our area. I live in Douglas and I hope to meet you this summer.

Current vehicles:

07 Gt 500

67 "S" code fastback

Your in Blackstone? I owned a house on Milk street, Small world, I bough another home in Hopedale 5 miles up the road.

• 3 weeks later...
I should check back with these posts more often.

Milk St is within sight from my house.

A contractor friend of mine lives just at the base of the hill if

your coming from Andersons at the corner.

Small world. I thought I knew everyone in that area. I owned the Logcabin 4 houses down from Andersons. on Milk

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm in Upton, MA. Right near Brian in Hopedale.

Thats a really sharp looking SC/GT.

I spent some time looking it over at the show.

How did you manage to get that parking spot???

My friend Hank owns the both of the 65 GT 350's that were parked next to you.

That whole line-up along the trailer made a great Kodak moment.

Enjoy the holidays,

See you on the road in the spring.

Norm

I'm in Upton, MA. Right near Brian in Hopedale.

There's a Brian in Hopedale? I know of Norman in Blackstone and your in Upton, I live in Douglas, we also have Tommy from Whitinsville, Randy from N.H. but who is Brian from Hopedale?

Thats a really sharp looking SC/GT.

I spent some time looking it over at the show.

How did you manage to get that parking spot???

My friend Hank owns the both of the 65 GT 350's that were parked next to you.

That whole line-up along the trailer made a great Kodak moment.

Enjoy the holidays,

See you on the road in the spring.

Norm

Thank you Norm.

That day was like a wedding day for me. With all the planning and excitement, the whole day was a blur. Did you and I get a chance to chat? If not, I apologize but I was preoccupied, eager and laser focused awaiting Mr. Shelby’s sig that day so I hardly remember whom I spoke with.

I had been working with Tasca to make my car a Tasca Shelby since January. Look in my picasa or pbotobucked sites in my sig for an article about a 1967 Tasca Shelby (and other Tasca items). I was replicating that (well without the CJ engine).

In April, Tasca asked me to showcase my car at the show; especially since Mr. Shelby was coming. My car arrived at Tasca only 3 days prior to that event. It was supposed to have gotten there earlier so Tasca could have done more mods before I took delivery but there were delays. They have since done the mods and I have my Tasca badges (interior and exterior – see Photobucket) so my car is officially a 2007 Tasca Shelby.

My car was also lined up there as it was going to have been signed by Mr. Shelby at that event but with the heat so bad, he wasn't able to come back. I hope to finally get it signed at the birthday bash somehow.

Hank is cool. Tell him I said hello. I have spoken with him before but didn’t get a chance to speak with him that much at the event. I was happy for him when he finally got his glove box covers signed – in person.

Look in my picasa or Photobucket sites for more pics of that day (Aug 25th). I have pics of all the cars (SS, KR, GT, Hanks cars and mine). Send the link to Hank so he can see too. My car was parked in the Tasca body shop for those few days. I have pics of my car lined up with the Supersnake, KR and GT prototype from the night before that look really cool.

I’m looking forward to meeting you someday.

There's a Brian in Hopedale? I know of Norman in Blackstone and your in Upton, I live in Douglas, we also have Tommy from Whitinsville, Randy from N.H. but who is Brian from Hopedale?

I thought you told me while at Mustangs Unlimited that you lived in Hopedale. Oh well, Douglas is still close enough.

Archived