TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I thought NOS is a system/brand...

Are you refering to N2O?

NOS is widely known term used generically for N20 - much like Xerox is a term most people use for copies even though the machine making the copies isnt a Xerox. Or like many people using the term Coke to mean a soda (not necessarily Coca-Cola brand).

Soo, the question is if someone is running a nitrous system on their Shelby - what system are you using (brand name, wet/dry, etc).

It seemed like an honest question - that only required an honest answer.

This guy is a crack up! :hysterical: I can't wait to see what will be said next? :lurk:

It probably wasn't an honest question to begin with. Maybe thats why the Moderator (Jeffisheretoo) had to go in and edit his post.

I guess in your country you don't have slang NOS = Nitrous oxide system please get down with the car lingo and it's legit question. I'm sorry, I didn't know you needed a masters to be on this site. The other site was closed due to the bully's trying to pick a fight. But it seems LULU thinks it's me I guess he wasn't a DETECTIVE.

NOS is widely known term used generically for N20 - much like Xerox is a term most people use for copies even though the machine making the copies isnt a Xerox. Or like many people using the term Coke to mean a soda (not necessarily Coca-Cola brand).

Soo, the question is if someone is running a nitrous system on their Shelby - what system are you using (brand name, wet/dry, etc).

It seemed like an honest question - that only required an honest answer.

Do you need me to break down my question for you

I wish someone had experience with nitrious on a SGT for the input on how it works with our tune, try a regular Mustang site I'd bet the question would get answered faster, take no offense, just saying.

So the 4.6 can be sprayed (nitrious) and I am sure it has been. I think most opt for the S/C as the power is always on tap and less of a chance at a mask and a hose...ever see Blue Velvet, the David Lynch movie? haha!

:backtotopic:

Any one with NOS/N20 experience?

Anyone? :headscratch:

Hey Jeff, thanks for putting things back on track.

Sorry I don't have any NOS/NO2 experience with the SGT modular 4.6L-3V engine. I tried it back a few years ago with the 4.6L-4V Marauder engine, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Not a lot of differences in the short blocks of these engines. Take care?

Still...I respect the technology, and a 50-75 pound wet shot should be productive, but there are other considerations. Having to refill the bottle is one of them, and running on an empty bottle is another. Run on empty, and you risk the worst.

NOS/NO2 is not as easy and care free as supercharging, another chance to "save your money" for the big thrill.

There's no shortcuts to big power. Either build an engine from the inside out, or, super/turbocharge the engine you have. Just respect the limitations.

Just my .02C gents, happy motoring.

Hey Jeff, thanks for putting things back on track.

Sorry I don't have any NOS/NO2 experience with the SGT modular 4.6L-3V engine. I tried it back a few years ago with the 4.6L-4V Marauder engine, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Not a lot of differences in the short blocks of these engines. Take care?

Still...I respect the technology, and a 50-75 pound wet shot should be productive, but there are other considerations. Having to refill the bottle is one of them, and running on an empty bottle is another. Run on empty, and you risk the worst.

NOS/NO2 is not as easy and care free as supercharging, another chance to "save your money" for the big thrill.

There's no shortcuts to big power. Either build an engine from the inside out, or, super/turbocharge the engine you have. Just respect the limitations.

Just my .02C gents, happy motoring.

I saw a car with two BIG cans in the back and I to have heard of horror stories when it comes to smaller engines etc.

Thanks!

Hello, Nos is alot of fun, Does add power quickly, Down side is alot of special care is needed if you run with it, The tunes have to be right, Timing -2 degrees with ever 50p shot I run 75hp shot with no problems I also have 2 safetys each built in on RPM and fuel and the tanks cost $60 to fill I have 2 and they go quick, hope this helps, Mick, I use ZEX

10_15_07_st_louis_shelby_gathering_oct_13_10.jpg

10_15_07_st_louis_shelby_gathering_oct_13_10.jpg

I think it should last around 6 runs per my 10lb tank, I play with it on street and purges don't help but the fun out ways the price!!! here's better pic, I still need blow down tubes on each tank and get my custom brackets put in , all takes time and money!!!

119_1955_IMG.JPG

119_1955_IMG.JPG

I've had quite a bit of experience with "NOS" as we call it here, but not with the Mustang 4.6. I have 92 Dodge Stealth TT that I have a dry system that only operates on WOT (wide open throttle) that way you have a less chance of blowing her up! We had to change alot of stuff to get the proper balance, plugs, upgraded fuel pump, headers, larger exhaust, fuel injectors, drive shafts, and the list goes on. So as you can see there is alot of xtra costs involved with a NOS system, its not just plug and play. I haven't raced that car for about 10 years now and mainly just use it for car shows, I get alot of comments about the "NOS"...............there's just something about the big "Blue" bottle.

Archived