TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ok...I did it!

JeffIsHereToo

Some of you old timers will remember my, or rather MattInChicago's, rants about "JUST SAY NO TO COBRAS" back in the old forum. I think at one point I went on, at great length, of how I never did understand what a snake had to do with a car named after a horse,etc., etc.

Well I did it!

Last night I put on the Berg gas cap and matching wheel caps! (no pics needed I would think)

I know, some may think this turn around signals the coming of the Apocalypse but I think they look great and in the almost two years since those old posts I think I have come to understand the meaning and heritage of "those snakes". Very proud to have them on the car now and even more proud that in the case of the gas cap it was something we all made happen as a group.

Looks like a good weekend for car shows!

:)

Welcome to the Darkside Jeff. first the snakes and now you will not be able to stop.

Jeff, Rick speaks the truth. You belong to "us" now and we shall lead you to the land of other appropriate modifications. Be not afraid . . . you will like it on the Darkside.

Jim

Jeff, Congrats on the gas cap and hub centers. My hubs are yet to be ordered, but they will be. I like the fact that Shelby verifies your CSM number before they sell you the gas cap. This sets us aside from the wannabes. As I said in another thread, our SGTs have a mixed hertiage of AC Cobras, Mustangs and GT350s. They deserve the Cobra logos on them. The very first items from Shelby Performance I added to my car was the complete aluminum Shelby Cobra filler cap set. I recently added the Cobra fuse box cover as soon as it was available. Does this explain why one of my favorite songs is Bob Seeger-"Against the Wind"?

I was excited when I took delivery of my '07 SGt last December. I knew I was getting something special above and beyond the physical vehicle. There has always been the Shelby mistique. I have since read a couple of books about The Man and his cars. I have a much better insight and appreciation of the whole enchilada now. The Shelby name and the Cobra go hand in hand, no matter what Shelby vehicle they adorn.

Let the others say what they want. I'll be displaying my car WITH its Cobra logos proudly at the MCA Grand National show in two weeks.

Some of you old timers will remember my, or rather MattInChicago's, rants about "JUST SAY NO TO COBRAS" back in the old forum. I think at one point I went on, at great length, of how I never did understand what a snake had to do with a car named after a horse,etc., etc.

Well I did it!

Last night I put on the Berg gas cap and matching wheel caps! (no pics needed I would think)

I know, some may think this turn around signals the coming of the Apocalypse but I think they look great and in the almost two years since those old posts I think I have come to understand the meaning and heritage of "those snakes". Very proud to have them on the car now and even more proud that in the case of the gas cap it was something we all made happen as a group.

your first mods?

HEY EVERYONE, HE LOST HIS CHERRY!

:party2:

(Thinking of the scene from Goodfellas when Henry Hill gets popped selling illegal cigs and the whole gang meets him when he gets let out) :hysterical:

Wow, Jeff, you mean I actually had a mod (my Berg cap) before someone else did? Congrats!

I may have another one in the near future if my wife got me something I mentioned for my upcoming birthday...

Oh no! I can see it coming now!

Someone at a car show somewhere will see that, take pics, post them on some site, and say....look at this guy! Trying to CLONE a Shelby GT into a cobra mustang!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

NOOOOO!!!!! :lol: Didn't Carrol Shelby say there's a little bit of Cobra in every Shelby??

NOOOOO!!!!! :lol: Didn't Carrol Shelby say there's a little bit of Cobra in every Shelby??

Beats me.

I just couldn't resist mentioning that. :hysterical:

Hey....if someone does say something about it then at least that will start a whole new clone thread where everyone can debate over it again. :hysterical:

Enjoy your snake horse. I'm going to hold out as long as possible....

....all the way up until I drop the dough for the engine dress up caps.

If it helps Stumpy, they look sweet! Especially when you get the matching fuse block cover. And don't forget the billet aluminum Shelby strut tower brace and batter holddown and the under hood hardware! :happy feet:

If it helps Stumpy, they look sweet! Especially when you get the matching fuse block cover. And don't forget the billet aluminum Shelby strut tower brace and batter holddown and the under hood hardware! :happy feet:

OMG! What have I done!!!! :hide::doh: :eek5: :o

Well I did it!

Welcome.....and you are right.....proud that the gas cap was something we all made happen as a group. :grouphug: It's a story we should tell. It wouldn't be the right without having you in the club.

And yes...it's a cheap entry fee but it can start to add up.... :spend: I have stop counting the snakes that I have now....

Welcome.....and you are right.....proud that the gas cap was something we all made happen as a group. :grouphug: It's a story we should tell. It wouldn't be the right without having you in the club.

And yes...it's a cheap entry fee but it can start to add up.... :spend: I have stop counting the snakes that I have now....

What was that movie? "Snakes In a Car"? "Snakes On a Car"? something like that?!?!?1 :unsure:

Oh no! I can see it coming now!

Someone at a car show somewhere will see that, take pics, post them on some site, and say....look at this guy! Trying to CLONE a Shelby GT into a cobra mustang!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Tounge in cheek I am 100% sure! :hysterical:

Archived