TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SC40 Wheels on the way

dukenrock

It looks like I got lucky and made the cut on the first shipment of the CS40 wheels. (Chrome 20x10 and 20x9) Apparently there was a quality control issue (Chrome) on hundreds of wheels so they got rejected, but some made it through the QC. (I was assured there were no issues with the wheels that passed)

Now I need to determine the tire size and brand. Hopefully they'll be on by the end of the month!!! :drop:

Cost was just under 2K. I need to order the bands and some tires. If anyone has some good input on maimum safe tire size for the rear and brand, I'm all ears. I'd like to go as wide as possible on the rears. The rear is lowered about 1 3/4" (Eibach) with Tokiko's.

I wil post some pics as soon as I get them on.

Do you have pics? I also was told that the offset on the CS40's were slightly different???????

Nope, I am waiting for mine just like you. I was checking in here to see if there is any news before I call.

EDIT: The wheels are going through quality inspection. Here is an actual picture of a silver version:

cs40z.jpg

In some ways I like these better then the GT40s I had to return.

Anyone got a pic of these with the knockoffs? Just curious what they'd look like. I'm really leaning towards these...and my stock tires are about done.

I assume the back ones (not hyper) are like center one in the pic above (the pic with all 3 wheels)? Inserts painted black? Or are the black ones ALL black w/ polished lip? :confused:

As far as I know the the CS40 don't come in "Hyper Black." They come (pictured from left to right in the picture of all three and top to bottom of the individual pictures) in chrome, black and silver.

Sorry, I haven't seen pictures with the knock offs. I don't think anybody has them. I don't even think the Cerritos GO car pictured still has them on. I think Dukenrock and I are in a race to see who will have them first at least on this forum.

Mine are coming with the stock caps as well as the knock offs. I'll post pics of both. I'd like to see if the tire dealer can order in a couple size tires and see which ones fit best. Not sure if they'll do that for me, but I'll ask.

P-Zero seems to be the preference by most

As far as I know the the CS40 don't come in "Hyper Black." They come (pictured from left to right in the picture of all three and top to bottom of the individual pictures) in chrome, black and silver.

Sorry, I haven't seen pictures with the knock offs. I don't think anybody has them. I don't even think the Cerritos GO car pictured still has them on. I think Dukenrock and I are in a race to see who will have them first at least on this forum.

Great looking wheels!

A few questions...

1) For GT500 correct?

2) 20-inch?

3) Do you have to calibrate the speedometer with the 20 inch wheels

4) How about lowering the car after install...what is recommended?

1) They will fit all 2005+ Mustangs, including the GT500

2) Yes 20". You can go 9" wide on all four corners or 9" on the front and 10" in the rear.

3) Speedometer calibration is more a question of overall tire diameter. If you choose a tire size that is the same diameter or with in a 1-2% of the original, you shouldn't need to change. I use a 285/30/20 and didn't need to recalibrate. You can check any online tire calculator you choose. Or better yet, check with your tire professional. I use this calcultor: http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

4) I have had 20" wheels & tires on my Shelby GT/SC which comes with a suspension package that lowers the car approximately 1.5". The wheels I had were actually 10.5" wide with 285/30 tires. I had no rubbing issues. However, I believe that is dependent on the wheel's offset and/or backspacing. I will let you know how the CS40 fit as soon as I get them. Keep in mind they are designed specifically for the 2005+ Mustangs. I don't think there will be a problem. One thing you will probably want to consider when lowering your car is an adjustable pan hard rod at the least or a watts link. Lowering your car without, will offset the body from the rear axle. Which can be very noticeable with wider wheels and tires.

Chris

Chris,

Good info..here's a pic of the knock offs....I don't have the panhard or watts link and will definitely put the Watts Link next on the list.

1) They will fit all 2005+ Mustangs, including the GT500

2) Yes 20". You can go 9" wide on all four corners or 9" on the front and 10" in the rear.

3) Speedometer calibration is more a question of overall tire diameter. If you choose a tire size that is the same diameter or with in a 1-2% of the original, you shouldn't need to change. I use a 285/30/20 and didn't need to recalibrate. You can check any online tire calculator you choose. Or better yet, check with your tire professional. I use this calcultor: http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

4) I have had 20" wheels & tires on my Shelby GT/SC which comes with a suspension package that lowers the car approximately 1.5". The wheels I had were actually 10.5" wide with 285/30 tires. I had no rubbing issues. However, I believe that is dependent on the wheel's offset and/or backspacing. I will let you know how the CS40 fit as soon as I get them. Keep in mind they are designed specifically for the 2005+ Mustangs. I don't think there will be a problem. One thing you will probably want to consider when lowering your car is an adjustable pan hard rod at the least or a watts link. Lowering your car without, will offset the body from the rear axle. Which can be very noticeable with wider wheels and tires.

Chris

post-19899-1219282729_thumb.jpg

post-19899-1219282729_thumb.jpg

Archived