TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It happened again

ejrail

If you remember, I live in the line of fire on a golf course so I don't dare do a hand wash in my driveway. Last night I took my SGT to the do-it yourself car wash on the corner of a busy intersection near home. Don't worry, I only used the soft foaming brush. The rinse pressure that comes out of the wand is minimal unless you squeeze the trigger so I know I didn't lose any stripes. You could almost drink from it.

I pulled around the front of the buildng to wipe everything down. A new black 'Vette pulled way from the stop light, hit his brakes and made a hard right in to the parking lot. He didn't stop but gave my car a slow drive by, shook his head and gave me thumbs up. A few minutes later a new Hemi Charger R/T did the exact same thing. Mr. Hemi's wife was obviously not thrilled at his antics. She looked like she could crawl under the seat with embarassment.

I guess both drivers thought they were too cool to stop and chat. That was their loss as I doubt their cars get that kind of attention. I'm no snob and I love to show my car to interested people. This has happened several times with 'Vette people. Possibly they all went to the same school?

If you remember, I live in the line of fire on a golf course so I don't dare do a hand wash in my driveway. Last night I took my SGT to the do-it yourself car wash on the corner of a busy intersection near home. Don't worry, I only used the soft foaming brush. The rinse pressure that comes out of the wand is minimal unless you squeeze the trigger so I know I didn't lose any stripes. You could almost drink from it.

I pulled around the front of the buildng to wipe everything down. A new black 'Vette pulled way from the stop light, hit his brakes and made a hard right in to the parking lot. He didn't stop but gave my car a slow drive by, shook his head and gave me thumbs up. A few minutes later a new Hemi Charger R/T did the exact same thing. Mr. Hemi's wife was obviously not thrilled at his antics. She looked like she could crawl under the seat with embarassment.

I guess both drivers thought they were too cool to stop and chat. That was their loss as I doubt their cars get that kind of attention. I'm no snob and I love to show my car to interested people. This has happened several times with 'Vette people. Possibly they all went to the same school?

Hey I know how you feel snobs everywhere even on this site the same when you see a BMW it's the image. I went to buy my M3 from one dealer and I was dressed like a bum and he tried to talk me into a SUV. Then he stated that certain people only drive M3's he was sorry after that no sale and I showed his manager my online account 230k he cryed. So screw the snobs be happy for yourself.

post-18733-1218741480_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1218741480_thumb.jpg

It's the dime-a-dozen's that do it. I've been driving my SGT to work for the past 2 weeks and have YET to see another. How many years have we seen vette's on the road now? The shine has worn off of them. Yes, they're fast, yes they're sleek, yah, yah, yah, but they are NOT touched by the hand of Shelby. In fact, Chevy guys hardly have anything to lay claim to. Other than a few specialty vette's here and there, there's just nothing. Now, the Dodge guys on the other hand..... Might we ever see a Shelby Charger anytime soon?????

It's the dime-a-dozen's that do it. I've been driving my SGT to work for the past 2 weeks and have YET to see another. How many years have we seen vette's on the road now? The shine has worn off of them. Yes, they're fast, yes they're sleek, yah, yah, yah, but they are NOT touched by the hand of Shelby. In fact, Chevy guys hardly have anything to lay claim to. Other than a few specialty vette's here and there, there's just nothing. Now, the Dodge guys on the other hand..... Might we ever see a Shelby Charger anytime soon?????

I think we will see one of course they can jack up the price and vettes look nice put mostly plastic

The blue devil vette will blow some doors, personally i think its cool that the USA builds the dang thing its a screaming deal for what you get. Still like my SGT better though....

However Viper anyone? I had one accelerate under load away from me and that sound was pure magic...

Hey I know how you feel snobs everywhere even on this site the same when you see a BMW it's the image. I went to buy my M3 from one dealer and I was dressed like a bum and he tried to talk me into a SUV. Then he stated that certain people only drive M3's he was sorry after that no sale and I showed his manager my online account 230k he cryed. So screw the snobs be happy for yourself.

You think people are being snobs on here because they are giving you a hard time about street racing and because your posts arent easy to understand??! You have issues.

You think people are being snobs on here because they are giving you a hard time about street racing and because your posts arent easy to understand??! You have issues.

Come on there's snobs everywhere and you miss understood my reply, I didn't mean it because of things that were said prior to this topic .Theres X amount of people on this site and there's bound to be snobs its not a bad thing or you can have a neighbor like mine who has cash. The man drives an Acura NSX never waves going by even if you see him at a traffic light and don't worry he's done it to other neighbors. Try dressing like a bum and going into a expensive jewerly store see how long till someone helps you. The same goes for the car you drive well the name of the car. Up where, I'm there's always vettes at the shows and they only mingle with themselves and as far as my street racing sorry but been doing it since 18yrs old. I addicted to it that's all you did in staten island,ny since I moved upstate it died down but you can hit this abandon air strip. But even up here guys leaving the show will blast off against each other thats how it goes. and sorry if any mistakes were made, I BLAME THE MEDS and if someone says anything about typing at a different I take of my kid during the day while mom works

Thank you and have a great day

Let's try to exercise a little restraint. Webba this sort of thing only escalates a war of words and leads to a closed thread...we've been down this road, how about a detour this time?

Thanks!

I don't get the post. Some guys in "other" cars give you a thumbs up and we're complaining?....even calling them snobs?

Where i come from, that's known as a compliment to your ride.

+1

I just assumed the other drivers had places to go and gave you a compliment on their way. I don't think there was any snobbiness (sp?) going on. :shrug:

Reading the original post, what you got there were two compliments. I would not have stopped my car to get out and chat either, simply because I seldom have the time. That was probably their case as well. Some may do that (I think 90% won't, at least that's the way it is where I am), but in any event the looks and the thumbs up were compliments.

Reading the original post, what you got there were two compliments. I would not have stopped my car to get out and chat either, simply because I seldom have the time. That was probably their case as well. Some may do that (I think 90% won't, at least that's the way it is where I am), but in any event the looks and the thumbs up were compliments.

+1

I know you guys arent big on puttin stickers on our cars, but I just ordered my "Corvettes are for senior citizens" sticker yesterday, puttin it on my quarter window :lol: I hate it when you pull up next to a vette or vice versa and try to give the guy a thumbs up or somethin and he wont even give you the time of day, because you know, theyre better than us <_<

I guess I was up too late on the weekend when I started this. I was little off in my first comments. The guy in the 'Vette was the first 'Vette person who ever acknowledged my car. Most of the other 'Vette drivers I have encountered have their noses too high in the air to see the road, even when one pulls up along side at a light. I work at a 5 star ski resort in Park City, Utah that caters to Sundance Film Festival people and other high maintenance guests so I know all about snobs. Don't they wonder why people treat them the way they do? If they would lighten up, the wolrd might seem like a better place to them. I appreciate a sharp car, no matter who built it or drives it. I like to let them know.

I always try to wave or nod to any Mustang or new and old muscle car I come across. It is surprising how many Mustang people either wave first or return the compliment. I got a high 5 from a built up '55 Chevy on Saturday. Sunday I drove past 2 different GT 500s and got a wave from both as soon as they saw my SGT.

Racer - Who are you to call someone a snob? You sit there and brag about trying to buy a M3 and having $230K in an account and your talking about snobs? Who do you think people would think the snob is here?

A ya you don't have to answer that one we already know-

Racer - Who are you to call someone a snob? You sit there and brag about trying to buy a M3 and having $230K in an account and your talking about snobs? Who do you think people would think the snob is here?

A ya you don't have to answer that one we already know-

Here let me break it down for you. You seem confused, The moral of the story was that I was dressed like a bum when trying to purchase a M3 and treated by the dealership like a homeless person. Oh and yes bought an M3 but somewhere else, and no one else brags on this site. I have read numerous post where fellow members brag about how many mustangs they have or just ran out and bought another GT500. Or how about just had my shelby picked up and transported cross country to have my supercharger installed and payed extra to keep it dry and taking a million pics to show there ride coming off the truck. If, I was a snob I wouldn't be on this site. I'd be waxing my porsche so before you start calling me a snob take a look at yourself and your fellow members. Almost forgot a supercharger is about 10,000 installed plus transport, I can't afford that and why house, baby, wife, dog, bills. The reason I had 230k was from a house flip and fixing cars on the side. Hope this set things straight if not who cares anyway, I don't and thanks for your time skippy and you other guy's should try the dress down it does work. I have gotten some great deals or ended up embarassing the salesman because it so funny when they say I'm only making one hundred dollars off this sale. The only dealership that has a great class of sales people was Ray Catena in NJ it's high end but they never judge or push. You can bring in an edmunds.com car price sheet and they will come close to that price. Also great trade in pricing.

Look I'm doing a burn out on a public road oop's I'm bragging again :doh:

post-18733-1219547642_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1219547642_thumb.jpg

Archived