TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fall in Colorado

twobjshelbys

This guy has been showing up every night at our house. He's a 2 year old. Loves the bird feeders!

There was a bear in town about a week ago. My friend took pics and they put them in the paper. He was gorging on apples. They're coming down early. Gonna be an early winter, probably cold too. They know...

You guys really live out in the sticks. The most exciting thing I get in Parker is herds of bunnies and the occasional prairie dog. My neighbor shot the ground hog with his bow, so now I only get bunnies. They sit on my lawn and kill the grass. I don't like bunnies.

You guys really live out in the sticks. The most exciting thing I get in Parker is herds of bunnies and the occasional prairie dog. My neighbor shot the ground hog with his bow, so now I only get bunnies. They sit on my lawn and kill the grass. I don't like bunnies.

I like bunnies. Breaded with crackers, browned in the frying pan and then baked 2 hours at 350 is best. (Back legs, not much more worth keeping.)

Good point. In that presentation, bunnies are good. Hasenfeffer :drool::hysterical:

We're not that far out in the sticks but we do back to open space that is totally wild. So we get lots of critters.

We have a couple of little bunnies in our back yard too. I think they are living in the rocks behind the house. They usually disappear when the leaves drop off the scrub brush later in the fall and winder; I'm sure the hawks get them.

We're not that far out in the sticks but we do back to open space that is totally wild. So we get lots of critters.

We have a couple of little bunnies in our back yard too. I think they are living in the rocks behind the house. They usually disappear when the leaves drop off the scrub brush later in the fall and winder; I'm sure the hawks get them.

We're like twobjshelbys, backing onto open space/park land. Our big thrill was two years ago when we had two mountain lions in the front yard drinking out of the sprinkler system at 3 a.m. Less of a thrill was the family of skunks that took up residence under the deck. :hysterical:

We're like twobjshelbys, backing onto open space/park land. Our big thrill was two years ago when we had two mountain lions in the front yard drinking out of the sprinkler system at 3 a.m. Less of a thrill was the family of skunks that took up residence under the deck. :hysterical:

Years back when I lived in Aurora, we lived next to an open space. We had one night when 2 raccoons got into the back yard at about 3:00am. The dog went nuts.

Another time, a skunk got in the back yard. It sprayed the entire backside of our house and our dog. Nightmare!

My wife and daughter tell me there was a bobcat (the one with4 legs, tail and tufty ears) on the big rock and when they tried to take a picture my camera didn't have a memory card in it.

We had a raccoon come onto the patio and force open a pail of sunflower seeds. It didn't eat any so I think he was shopping and opening any container it could.

We have skunks that go by a couple of nights every week. They usually pass by about 2 or 3 AM. I close the window if they're too strong but don't even bother much any more. I have a picture (not worth posting) of a skunk that was going by in the middle of the day. We think it was probably very ill as a daytime skunk is almost always dying.

About 2 weeks ago at 4am 2 Racoons decided to start a fight in our aspen trees in the backyard and it was the most aweful screeching sounds I think I have ever heard...so I get up to see what is going on and get my flashlight and here they are carrying a trash bag across my yard and you got it trash from one side of my yard to the other, so i run them off over the fence and start cleaning up my yard..needless to say I got an early start into the office that day......

I am so jealous, you guys. I live in a valley in SE Aurora, so I have no views at all. I'm near Aurora Reservoir, which is open space, but all I get are coyotes, which I rarely even see, but do hear constantly. My yard is only 23 feet deep, surrounded by a privacy fence and two-story houses. May as well be a condo. I've brought boulders in, but it's just not the same. I need to move... some day... when the market comes back. Thanks for the pics. See ya Sept. 20th.

I am so jealous, you guys. I live in a valley in SE Aurora, so I have no views at all. I'm near Aurora Reservoir, which is open space, but all I get are coyotes, which I rarely even see, but do hear constantly. My yard is only 23 feet deep, surrounded by a privacy fence and two-story houses. May as well be a condo. I've brought boulders in, but it's just not the same. I need to move... some day... when the market comes back. Thanks for the pics. See ya Sept. 20th.

Both my wife and I are real estate brokers. We aren't full time and don't even come close to paying what it costs to hold a license. The last time I brokered a deal was about 5 years ago. We have our own properties for sale - a spec I built and our hose (can't afford two mortgages for very much longer). That is background.

Yes, the market sucks. But it sucks for both sides. You might not get what you want for your sale, but the seller of the property you're looking at is probably compromising too. Within a market is an equalizer. If you have to move across country from a bad market to a good market it's not a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This one was in the back yard of the neighbor's house yesterday after we got back from the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club. I saw him from the window and went outside and took the picture through the fence. I went up a little bit to get another shot and he got up and sauntered away.

DSC_1157.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived