TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's In!!!!

sfm6s1675

Got a surprise call yesterday...I have good news, your car is in! Only problem I was in an all-day meeting and Tuesday the dealerships close at 6. So I struggled to maintain focus in the meeting...which was impossible to do, but after all, the job is paying the bills...and was relieved when it was over. Had my daughter drop my wife and I off at the dealer and THERE IT WAS....even better looking in person. The salesman said he was going to fill it up for me but said since I was there, I could drive. Went to the gas station and was greeted with a comment of "Holy $%, that's one BADASS car!" Pretty cool. Signed the paperwork, dropped the top, and cruised the rest of the evening. Am now a proud member of the black vert mafia!

Wanted to post last night but was too busy :shift: and got home too late! WHAT A BLAST

Let me try and upload some pics....

Ha, guess I need to change my tag line!!! THE CAR is in!

Tell you guys what, I sold SFM6S1675 in 1989 and cried ever since. This one's a keeper....

I'm sorry, but I have to admit that I thought the same thing too. :hysterical::hysterical:

Congratulations on your car, she's a beauty!

Thanks everyone, for the nice replies.

I don't believe the tail lights have changed, it is probably how the sun is shining on the car.

The stripe policy is still the same...no stripes on verts with the exception of the red stripe package only. I debated a while whether to have the dealer add on white ones but some of the folks with red stripe cars on this forum changed my mind....the red stripe package is really neat.

Finally, not to disappoint msmap but pics are of my wife and youngest daughter....wife will drive sometime but my daughter needs to learn to drive a manual first...but NOT ON THIS CAR!!!

Got a surprise call yesterday...I have good news, your car is in! Only problem I was in an all-day meeting and Tuesday the dealerships close at 6. So I struggled to maintain focus in the meeting...which was impossible to do, but after all, the job is paying the bills...and was relieved when it was over. Had my daughter drop my wife and I off at the dealer and THERE IT WAS....even better looking in person. The salesman said he was going to fill it up for me but said since I was there, I could drive. Went to the gas station and was greeted with a comment of "Holy $%, that's one BADASS car!" Pretty cool. Signed the paperwork, dropped the top, and cruised the rest of the evening. Am now a proud member of the black vert mafia!

Wanted to post last night but was too busy :shift: and got home too late! WHAT A BLAST

Let me try and upload some pics....

WOW!! Congratulations on a real beauty!!

Archived