TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sponsorhip for Terlingua

motorjock205

OK, So I'm only 232.94 miles from Terlingua out here in West Texas, and I just can't afford the $2300.00 to make the trip or even 1/2 of that right now to ride with someone...so I'm open to sponsorship so I can go...Anyone willing to sponsor me? I'll put decals all over my car if someone will just front the money!!!! (Tasteful decals that is!!!)

I guess if I don't get any offers, the wife and I will just have to put the tent and sleeping bag in the back of the Shelby and drive down that way anyway and hope we can get some pics of you guys as you drive by or something....I don't think she's too keen on camping out with the rattle snakes, but hey...you gotta do what you gotta do!!!

OK, So I'm only 232.94 miles from Terlingua out here in West Texas, and I just can't afford the $2300.00 to make the trip or even 1/2 of that right now to ride with someone...so I'm open to sponsorship so I can go...Anyone willing to sponsor me? I'll put decals all over my car if someone will just front the money!!!! (Tasteful decals that is!!!)

I guess if I don't get any offers, the wife and I will just have to put the tent and sleeping bag in the back of the Shelby and drive down that way anyway and hope we can get some pics of you guys as you drive by or something....I don't think she's too keen on camping out with the rattle snakes, but hey...you gotta do what you gotta do!!!

I got a dollar! Just let me know where to send it :hysterical3:

Motorjock,

We went to the Birthday Bash and I think there were more gate crashers than attendees... Some people didn't even have seats for dinner. So the precedence has already been set. Good Luck.

Stuart

Let me know where you pitch your tent and me and my wife will keep you company.

I'll be sleeping in the maroon '96 Saturn SL. Fortunately the seats fold down..... :happy feet:

Motorjock,

We went to the Birthday Bash and I think there were more gate crashers than attendees... Some people didn't even have seats for dinner. So the precedence has already been set. Good Luck.

Stuart

Good lord, I really hope that they learned their mistakes from the BB event. They have got to have better crowd and attendance controls at TL and the 09' BB too.

Boy, was Amy steamed at the crashers that night. It was too late to do anything about it, but she was not happy about them being there.

Hell, I even think that I saw one of the car valets from the Wynn eating a Shrimp Cocktail that night! :hysterical: Just kidding!

Good luck with your sponsorship idea MJ205!

Good lord, I really hope that they learned their mistakes from the BB event. They have got to have better crowd and attendance controls at TL and the 09' BB too.

Boy, was Amy steamed at the crashers that night. It was too late to do anything about it, but she was not happy about them being there.

Hell, I even think that I saw one of the car valets from the Wynn eating a Shrimp Cocktail that night! :hysterical: Just kidding!

Good luck with your sponsorship idea MJ205!

Well, here's my thing....I can't afford to go down there and spend $2300.00 to stay at the resort, have all my meals, and participate in the events...I really don't care about participating in the events...well, maybe the shooting event (ex cop you know), but I would love to meet a bunch of you guys and since ya'll are coming into my back yard, why not? I mean, I don't mind paying for our food and drinks, and we can camp out somewhere within driving distance to get there to meet everyone....I'd love to see/meet Carroll Shelby, and might be able to scrape up enough to get him to sign my car if he has a chance to do so....but I just can't afford the full affair, and really don't want to participate in drag racing or the bull run...would be fun, but I can live without it too...I don't want to make Amy or anyone else mad and consider me a "crasher", because I don't want to crash everything....I realize that the $2300 goes for a lot of things, but when you just can't do it, I don't think I should be totally banned from just showing up if I can pay for my incidentals while I'm there....I'm sure you have to have some kind of ticket or credential to get into events, so that's no big deal, but I don't want to be stopped out side of the town by the cops and told "you can't go in here" especially on a public roadway....I mean, I've even found a little place called Terlingua Ranch that is down there where I can camp for $10.00 a night...it's off of the beaten path, but only 25 miles from Terlingua....

Word of caution to any of you staying in Lajitas....sleep with one eye on your car!!!! You are just barely across the border from Mexico and those Shelby's will bring a premium price over there and you will NEVER EVER see it again!!!! If I was staying down there, I'd probably be sleeping IN my car with gun in hand!!!! LOL

Please don't hate me for just wanting to be a part of something special and being a pauper after buying the car of my dreams!!!! LOL

Motorjock,

Stuart

Those paying guests did not like it then, and the guests paying four times as much money will probably like it less this time.

P.S. - I don't think anybody has a problem with you being around, and probably some arrangments can be made, and certainly there are unrestricted public venues. It was a little distressing to hear Speed encourage crashing the event.

The only negative about the Birthday Bash were people all over the place all the time, most of whom had not paid and were not drivers. Some guests were unable to get autographs or seats because of this. Like Son of GT said, the organizers were as bent as the guests about this.

I like your idea of getting a sponsor, I just think this may not be the place to ask for sponsorship. You can talk to some shop or dealer or vendor directly, and stress the Bullrun (televised) portion of the event.

Those paying guests did not like it then, and the guests paying four times as much money will probably like it less this time.

P.S. - I don't think anybody has a problem with you being around, and probably some arrangments can be made, and certainly there are unrestricted public venues. It was a little distressing to hear Speed encourage crashing the event.

The only negative about the Birthday Bash were people all over the place all the time, most of whom had not paid and were not drivers. Some guests were unable to get autographs or seats because of this. Like Son of GT said, the organizers were as bent as the guests about this.

I like your idea of getting a sponsor, I just think this may not be the place to ask for sponsorship. You can talk to some shop or dealer or vendor directly, and stress the Bullrun (televised) portion of the event.

The sponsorship thread is more a joke than anything else....I'm not really serious about it...unless someone just happens to want to sponsor me of course....LOL The old Forum has been kinda stale lately...guess everyone is working too much...I was just trying to liven things up a little...

Unfortunatley, I can't make it down there until Saturday morning anyway, because I have to work and my wife has to work until school is out on Friday afternoon...so we'd have to drive down Friday evening and camp out on Friday and Saturday, but I really would like to meet you guys and gals and put a face and car to the screen names....

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade...I know how I would feel if someone was eating food and drinking drinks that I had paid for and they didn't pay anything, but that's not my intention...I just want to show up and represent my great State of Texas since I am a NATIVE TEXAN that is!!!! Like I said, this is my back yard, I own a Shelby GT, and this is a Shelby event in Texas!!!

Will the Bullrun portion be filmed? Has there been word on that?

Matt

Motor,

I thought you had to go out of the state that weekend for work? I would have given you my 2nd spot if I had known. Now I have a friend from college coming down from Tulsa that weekend to go. If he backs out on me, the spot is your's if you're free.

Matt

Thanks Matt...yeah, my schedule has changed, and it's subject to change several more times between now and then too... that's the nature of the beast in the software business...things get pushed out sometimes and it causes everything else to back up....right now, I am stuck at home doing some support that week until Friday afternoon late when my wife gets home from her job at the High School, then we could head down, but that's it, only for a few days as we both have to be back at work on Monday morning bright and early...as I'm sure most everyone else does too...

Thanks for the offer though...I do appreciate it...

Mciarochi,

I was not encouraging crashing the event--I was being facetious. I was one of the not so happy paying customers at the Birthday Bash. As said earlier, hopefully SAI has learned from the past. Regards.

Stuart

Mciarochi,

I was not encouraging crashing the event--I was being facetious. I was one of the not so happy paying customers at the Birthday Bash. As said earlier, hopefully SAI has learned from the past. Regards.

Stuart

Cool. I misunderstood.

It would be great if everybody could attend, but that can't be. I know I'd be freaking out if it was in my back yard and I couldn't go for some reason. I'd like to see MJ able to attend!

Cool. I misunderstood.

It would be great if everybody could attend, but that can't be. I know I'd be freaking out if it was in my back yard and I couldn't go for some reason. I'd like to see MJ able to attend!

Mciarochi,

No problem... Enjoy the event! Shelby does know how to throw parties!!!

Stuart

Motorjock,

Stuart

sorry Stuart, we learned from that one, wont be that easy this time...........lol

sorry Stuart, we learned from that one, wont be that easy this time...........lol

Amy,

Wasn't your fault or SAI's. You guys managed the best you could--we all still had a great time. I saw that the resort is in a walled in compound, that should make it harder to crash! :happy feet: Good luck and take a lot of pictures for those of us that can't make it. Regards.

Stuart

Archived