TEAM SHELBY FORUM

After Tasca 2nd. Annual BBQ

RogerS

Looks like I'll be staying home on Saturday in the rain.... :cry:

The way the weather forecast is looking, I'm thinking I might need to trade the SGT in for an ark or at least a canoe! :hysterical:

I'm going to try to stop by the Mustangs Unlimited show on Sunday since its practically in my backyard! Not sure if I'll enter the car since I can't stay long due to another commitment on Sunday afternoon. Hope to catch some of you there!

-yellow pony

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped by Tasca tonight at 10:30 pm, John Force is there and the service bays were emptied out. Carl Tasca told me show cars will be kept inside and it's still a go, rain or not. I'm going to stop by in the morning and check it out since I'm so close. :titanic: Hopefully the heavy rain will hold off until later in the day.

The way the weather forecast is looking, I'm thinking I might need to trade the SGT in for an ark or at least a canoe! :hysterical:

I'm going to try to stop by the Mustangs Unlimited show on Sunday since its practically in my backyard! Not sure if I'll enter the car since I can't stay long due to another commitment on Sunday afternoon. Hope to catch some of you there!

-yellow pony

Well - also due to the rain, the Nascar Richmond race was rescheduled to Sunday, and I really don't want to miss that one, so I don't know if I'll make it even to the Mustang show. We'll see how the day goes.

Stuff it I'm going leaving shortly will take me a couple of hours to get there but will be leaving the shelby at home due to wx considerations. I want to see a couple of the SS's and talk to the Tasca guys anyway so its worth it I have decided. Hope to see a few of you there!

-yellow pony

I'm with you, I hate to miss the Tasca event, but the risk of driving the distances needed in the rain is something I'm not willing to take. :shift:

MCCNE wanted me at MU early to help park cars, but I'm teaching Sunday School - No laughing you guys! :stop:

I would like to check it out, but it will be after lunch - early afternoon.

Perhaps I'll see some of you there...

I stopped by Tasca tonight at 10:30 pm, John Force is there and the service bays were emptied out. Carl Tasca told me show cars will be kept inside and it's still a go, rain or not. I'm going to stop by in the morning and check it out since I'm so close. :titanic: Hopefully the heavy rain will hold off until later in the day.

F.Y.I.

Just called Tasca. they are still gonna have the entertainment, autograph session, start up of the funny car, however, the actual show was cancelled due to the rain. They will not be giving out trophys or prizes, cars will not be judged. You can still bring your car if you choose.

Wow this rain has killed alot of fun this summer. I am bummed I missed the show but for me it isnt as bad seeing as how the weather screwed it all anyway. I will miss the BBQ though. I was almost more excited for that than the show. The looks on peoples faces as they drove by Roger's house and about 20 or more Shelby's were parked in his driveway was terrific!LOL Those who did go have a great time! :)

Edit: I just went back a page to where Roger cancelled the BBQ so I guess dnt miss out on anything. Roger, tell Tasca I will email them a date next year to have this so that way I know I can make it!LOL ;)

It's a shame that Tasca didn't have a rain date but i understand that's hard to do with all the big names that are scheduled to be there. Perhaps next year will be better. Rain is coming down hard now and the wind is just behind it. Batten down the hatches boys....a storm is a comin'

Thanks for the pics!

The weather is getting worse now than earlier, as Hanna moves in. I would've been driving back in this mess. The day turned out good for me though, as I just enjoyed being out for the day w/ my wife and daughter, shopping, etc. In a few minutes they're taking me to dinner - which I will start w/ a fine martini!

Archived