TEAM SHELBY FORUM

After Tasca 2nd. Annual BBQ

RogerS

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far we are looking a head count of 50. Please respond with the number of people attending so we can get a read on food. It would be helpful if we could get this information no later than this coming Sunday. This will be a dry BBQ but you are welcome to bring your cooler if you would like.

Thanks and here are the directions. It is about 7 miles from Tasca or 13 min. in drive time.

From Tasca:

Take a right out of the parking lot and enter Route 37 East to Route I-95 South.

Take Route I-95 South to exit 10A.

Proceed to the second stop light and take a right onto Diamond Hill Road.

Follow Diamond Hill Road to the very end. You will come to Cowesett Road.

Take a left onto Cowesett Road. Love Lane will be on your right hand side approximately 1/4 mile.

My home is 199 and from the first cross street on your right it will be the 6th. house on your right. You will not be able to miss it. It will have checkered flags waving.

I will post my cell phone number the evening prior to the event.

Hope to see you there,

Roger

Well I wont be making it down after all this year :( 2 of my sons have football games that weekend. I knew about 1 of them Friday night and we had planned to drive down after the game that night but now my middle son has his game Saturday. Both are the first games of the season and I dont want to miss them. I am really excited for football season but it just sucks as I have been looking forward to Tasca for a long time. I havent taken a vaca like I had hoped this summer so tasca was going to be a little get away for me. Hopefully next year it will work out.

sorry to hear that Terry, Dale & I were looking forward to another dining room round table discussion like last year.......

we will all miss your attendance.

Good Luck to your boys.

Thanks Michael. I was looking forward to it too. It was going to be nice to bring my oldest this year. He missed it due to football camp last year. I was looking forward to the drive home as well. Last year we stopped at Gillette Stadium on the ride back. Neither of hem have been to a game before. There was likely a game going on that day but still I wanted to show my oldest the stadium. And we took a drive through Portsmouth NH and Kittery Maine last year. I lived in Kittery for 2 years as a kid so it was fin showing my son where I used to live and some of the sites. Oh well another time.

Well, it's that time of year again! Saturday, September 6, 2008 for Team Shelby Members sign up here :happy feet:

We are going to start the list here in this thread. Please list how many will be attending.

Last year's heat was just way too much for most of us but to the brave who endured the AC was blasting, even in the garage :)

The event will be at the same location as last year. My home. Adam is picking up the tab this year so the more the merrier! :hysterical:

We will supply the place, food and hospitality. You are welcome to bring your coolers.

The image below was made as a poster by one of my neighbors highlighting some of the cars.

CIMG4789.jpg

Call me "johnny-come-lately" (insane business travel schedule), but I would like to stop by and meet some more S197ShelbyOA members.

I hate to show up empty handed however, so if hit me back privately with something I can bring, I'd appreciate it...

-Rob Smith- (aka Quadcam)

So far we are looking a head count of 50. Please respond with the number of people attending so we can get a read on food. It would be helpful if we could get this information no later than this coming Sunday. This will be a dry BBQ but you are welcome to bring your cooler if you would like.

Thanks and here are the directions. It is about 7 miles from Tasca or 13 min. in drive time.

From Tasca:

Take a right out of the parking lot and enter Route 37 East to Route I-95 South.

Take Route I-95 South to exit 10A.

Proceed to the second stop light and take a right onto Diamond Hill Road.

Follow Diamond Hill Road to the very end. You will come to Cowesett Road.

Take a left onto Cowesett Road. Love Lane will be on your right hand side approximately 1/4 mile.

My home is 199 and from the first cross street on your right it will be the 6th. house on your right. You will not be able to miss it. It will have checkered flags waving.

I will post my cell phone number the evening prior to the event.

Hope to see you there,

Roger

Badboy, Shlbygrl, Badboy Jr and Badgirl Jr will be there....

4 days and counting.

Roger,

Thanks for the invitation, but I won't be able to make it to the BBQ due to a commitment in the late afternoon on Saturday. I do plan to attend the show at Tasca and hope to meet you there. I'll be driving one of the white SGTs from CT.

Can't wait to meet everyone in person!

-yellow pony (aka George)

Roger, can you tell us - is most of this show indoors? With a 70% chance of rain still apparently looming on the horizon, I was curious!! I should have asked you this yesterday, sorry about that....

Looks like we may get to squeeze this show in before the rain:

Tonight: Mainly clear skies. Low 63F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow: Generally sunny. Warm. High 87F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.

Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy. Low 67F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Friday: Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. Warm. High 84F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Saturday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

Sunday: Cloudy, periods of rain. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 60s.

EDIT: Maybe not as this show is Rain or Shine. It will be a wet BBQ :(

Saturday: Mainly cloudy with rain, windy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 60s.

Yeah, w/ Hanna coming up the coast and this forecast of rain and high winds, its looking more doubtful for me. :cry:

I'm going to the check the weather as late as possible tonight right now it's looking like it will not hit us until late Saturday afternoon with just rain and some wind. This is a Bummer because it's beautiful out today and it's supposed to be nice on Sunday and Monday, Mother Nature does it again......... :club: We can't win last year it was so HOT that we almost passed out.... :drop: and this year it has to rain...... :nonono:

Are you going to the Mustang Show at Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester on Sunday??? I'm going...... :happy feet: the September show is usually the biggest one out of the 3 they have all year. Here is the link, click on Car Shows!!!

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/

Are you going to the Mustang Show at Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester on Sunday??? I'm going...... :happy feet: the September show is usually the biggest one out of the 3 they have all year. Here is the link, click on Car Shows!!!

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/

That was my alternate plan, Mustangs Unlimited, if Tasca didn't work out. Currently, however, Hanna is forecast to arrive here on Sunday. So, I guess like you, its wait and see. I would really like to get to at least one of these!

That was my alternate plan, Mustangs Unlimited, if Tasca didn't work out. Currently, however, Hanna is forecast to arrive here on Sunday. So, I guess like you, its wait and see. I would really like to get to at least one of these!

I will be at the Mustangs Unlimited show Sunday also. Hopefully I can find a way to bring both cars. Hope to see you all there now that Tasca is off.

This is supposed to be a fast moving storm and outta here by early Sunday morning turning into Mostly Sunny skies and 76 degrees.... :happy feet: I'll be going to Mustangs Unlimited..... :shift: Hope to see you there!!! You can always call Mustangs Unlimited before you leave they are really good at letting you know anything about the show. And this Mustang Show has a rain date just in case for Next Sunday...... :yahoo:

Archived