TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Detour

ejrail

Last week end I needed a few things for the BBQ is was having so I decided to go to a grocery store further from home so I could enjoy my ride longer. Any excuse to hear that engine wind out. As I came up to the Freeway entarance ramp, the local school had it's lawn sprinkers on full blast. The wind was blowing the spray on the ramp and the frontage road. Water was flowing down the gutters. This is secondary water from irrigation canals with who knows what in it. I was the only car on the road so I flipped a quick u-turn and drove 10 blocks to the next ramp.

My wife thought I was nuts. Her attitude is my Shelby is just a car and it was only water. After 8 months of Shelby ownership, she still doesn't get it most of the time. She figured I just wasted that much more 91 octane at $4.35 a gallon. Here in the mountains our 91 octane is the your lower elevation 93 octane. I figure it was a win-win deal. I kept the car free of bad water above and below plus I got to drive 20 extra blocks out and back.

Same here, having a black car makes it even worse, I avoid driving behind any trucks from F-150 to the big semi's,avoid all puddles of water and I always have some ICE quick detail for the bird poo and water spots....I am paranoid of having any rock chips or permanent water spots....I know, we all take this seriously....after all it is a SHELBY!!!!! :lol:

A couple weeks ago a lady in a Beamer in front of me was using her windshield washers and I don't know if it was the wind or if they were adjusted wrong, but all the fluid seemed to end up on my hood and windshield. I was so pissed. I already have water spots on my stripes and didn't want anymore. I turned around and drove home to wash it all off. :banghead:

I do the same thing all the time. Nothing ruins a paint job faster than sprinklers. I've even turned around just because the pavement was wet and I just washed the car.

Guilty as well . . . . I don't drive the Shelby to the gym on Saturday mornings because of the way they have their sprinklers set to shoot over the entrance to the parking lot. :hysterical:

A couple weeks ago a lady in a Beamer in front of me was using her windshield washers and I don't if it was the wind or if they were adjusted wrong, but all the fluid seemed to end up on my hood and windshield. I was so pissed. I already have water spots on my stripes and didn't want anymore. I turned around and drove home to wash it all off. :banghead:

Oh man, does that drive me nuts!!! I can't even describe how pissed off I get when that happens! :angry2: :mad: :rant:

It's not like they can't wash their windshelds at a stop light or sign, the morons wait until they are driving at speed before they decide to turn the washers on.

With respect to avoiding the other water hazards mentioned here...no your not alone. I spend a great deal of time and effort cleaning my cars and keeping them clean, so the last thing I want to do is get caught in one of those hazards.

Astrodan and Jeffisheretoo,

I'm afraid they don't let me out much. I have to drive my SGT when I can. My wife is a dept. manager at a grocery store 1 mile from my house. What fun would that be to shop there? Besides, early on Sunday morning there is not traffic to hold me back from opening my car up a little. I've had to check my fuzz buster to be sure it is turned on.

I have discovered a hidden benefit to taking my SGT to a store. I have become very good at finding the farthest up hill parking space. This keeps the shopping carts fron rolling in to it. I have to walk much farther pushing my purshases up hill, thus getting my daily exercise. You know how heavy a cart of steaks, beer, ice and margarita mix is??!! Yes, you can buy this stufff in Utah.

ejrail,

there are many on here just like you (and me!)

I have driven around construction, pulled into a parking garage to wait out a brief rain shower,

moved car becuase of sprinklers, changed direction upon encountering a freshly poured oil & chip repaving (a must)........

a guy 2 cars in front of me flicked his cigarette out the window and it hit the hood of the car in front of me! The still lit cigarette threw sparks everywhere.

Id be in jail now if that was my car.

I'm afraid they don't let me out much. I have to drive my SGT when I can. My wife is a dept. manager at a grocery store 1 mile from my house. What fun would that be to shop there? Besides, early on Sunday morning there is not traffic to hold me back from opening my car up a little. I've had to check my fuzz buster to be sure it is turned on.

I have discovered a hidden benefit to taking my SGT to a store. I have become very good at finding the farthest up hill parking space. This keeps the shopping carts fron rolling in to it. I have to walk much farther pushing my purshases up hill, thus getting my daily exercise. You know how heavy a cart of steaks, beer, ice and margarita mix is??!! Yes, you can buy this stufff in Utah.

It's cool! Just giving you a hard time!

;)

My commute to work is only 5 miles. I drive out of my way just so I can drive it longer. :shift:

Yeah, I know the feeling. My wife was in Iowa and I was going down to Oskars for dinner. I decided to take the scenic route through Estes Park and Allenspark. 50+ miles instead of <1.

Yeah, I know the feeling. My wife was in Iowa and I was going down to Oskars for dinner. I decided to take the scenic route through Estes Park and Allenspark. 50+ miles instead of <1.

My wife doesn't send me out for milk anymore because it takes me 3 hours and a full tank of gas to go the 3 blocks to the store. :hysterical:

I can sympathize with all of you! I've managed to keep my SGT out of the rain so far and I always swerve to avoid puddles in the road (good test of the suspension!)

I recently had to switch to a longer route to get from my house to the highway since the shorter route just got resurfaced with an oil/stone mixture. It will be quite a long time before I can drive on that road again!

Call me crazy, but I'm hoping to keep the car for a long time!

Wow, I can echo pretty much everyone here, well....all except CSM3071 :shrug: And ejrail "I have become very good at finding the farthest up hill parking space. This keeps the shopping carts fron rolling in to it. I have to walk much farther pushing my purshases up hill, thus getting my daily exercise." another benefit from parking so far away is while walking back with the groceries you get all that time to look at and admire your Shelby. And I thought I was the only one that did these things :happy feet:

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight, my wife was going into the frig to get some milk and make herself a cold glass of chocolate milk, fortunately my daughter had just finished the last of it. I don't think I have ever jumped up and volunteered,to go to the grocery store for a 1/2 gallon of milk, so fast in my life.

Forty-five minutes and 5 miles later I was back with the milk and we were both extremely happy. :kiss: I did follow Erik's advise and found the farthest up hill parking spot on the lot.

Take Care,

Andrew

A couple weeks ago a lady in a Beamer in front of me was using her windshield washers and I don't if it was the wind or if they were adjusted wrong, but all the fluid seemed to end up on my hood and windshield. I was so pissed. I already have water spots on my stripes and didn't want anymore. I turned around and drove home to wash it all off. :banghead:

I can't stand that it gets me nuts no matter what type of car it is it will get you. How about when they drift to the shoulder and kick up the dirt. :banghead::doh: When you get pissed just go home to your wife and cuddle like I do with mine :drool::shift:

post-18733-1219625678_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1219625721_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1219625678_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1219625721_thumb.jpg

Archived