TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY MASTERPIECES

ShelbyGT/SC

By now, many of you have heard of Jerry Heasley. Jerry is one of the most famous writers and photographers of special automobiles of modern times. He has worked with vehicles such as Shelby's, Corvettes, Orbitrons and many other. Click here to read more about him and some of his work in my blog. He has traveled the world taking some of the most famous pictures of some really famous cars and people. Also take a look at his site - www.jerryheasley.com.

Jerry is also a great guy. I got to hang out with him at the 85th CSBB. He and one of the Bull Run camera crew even joined me on the second leg into Vegas in my Tasca Shelby. As a freelance writer, Jerry travels to the locations, often at his own expense, working each photo shoot and story as a work of art. He takes pride in being able to tell real-world stories about people and their cars. He also really enjoys putting people's cars in the magazines and seeing how appreciative they are in seeing their car in those magazines. He even wrote a paragraph about me (from riding with me in the Bull Run) in Mustang Monthly this past June. I was thrilled.

As you'll see in my blog, he has written some great books such Mustang Weekend Projects, Mustang Chronicles, Corvette Masterpieces and many more. I own a signed copy of the Corvette Masterpieces and it's an awesome book. He has written many of the stories and taken most pics in magazines such as Mustang Monthly and Modified Mustangs, among other. Jerry even wrote most stories and took most pics for the Shelby magazine last year and is currently working on another one right now.

Well I'd like to let you all know that Jerry has written another long awaited amazing hard covered book called SHELBY MASTERPIECES. Here is the cover. Naturally, as you see, it's of the 2008 GT500 KR in my favorite color choices for the KR the silver with blue stripes.

ShelbyMasterpieces-Heasley.jpg

These books will be available for sale September 16th. The first 289 books will be signed by Mr. Carroll Shelby and Jerry and will come with a numbered plaque (and I think a certificate of authentication for the Shelby signature). Don't bother asking for book number 38 because I've already preordered it.

The price of these books is not yet set, but I would assume that if the Shelby signature is $150 and then add the cost of writing, making, shipping and so forth, I am guessing it will be (Edited... around $149 for numbers 11-288). I will have no problem paying for a special edition book like this in that price range. I think the first book may go for auction at BJ this January. I'm sure it will move to a pretty high price increasing the value of all the other 288 books. In fact, I may try to order book number 289 too.

I am confident that they will go really fast. The non-signed, non-numbered books will go for sale on some of the major store sites such as Amazon, Barnes and Borders sometime in a few months.

So if you're interested in ordering one, either post here on this topic or email Jerry at jerry@jerryheasley.com. If you email Jerry, still post here as it would be interesting seeing how many pre-orders we can get.

Enjoy

Adam

EDIT - I'll start listing the numbers people are selecting to try to avoid duplicates:

UPDATE Oct 14 - we're up to post #91

Numbered:

10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 24, 25, 26, 31, 33, 37, 38, 41, 44, 46, 50, 53, 57, 59, 64, 66, 68, 72, 74, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 85, 87, 88, 89, 97, 99, 100, 102, 110, 112, 127, 185, 187, 192, 257, 281, 288, 289

UPDATE AUG 31:

Jerry said the first book will go for auction. Then books 4-10 and 289 will be special priced for $299 based on the low and last numbers.

One last thing, since someone posted Jerry's address, I will add it here:

Jerry Heasley, 1919 Holly Lane, Pampa TX 79065

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably good to email Jerry directly to confirm your order as well. Good to post here too so that everyone sees which books are already taken. I should mention that when Jerry and I discussed these books last week I asked to order a low numbered book too.

I also forgot to mention above that he is keeping a registry of these books too.

Just got word the price will be closer to $149 for books 11-188 but still finalizing. Books 2-10 and 289 will be different and book 1 will likely be auctioned.

Guess there is a different program for bulk items.

THIS IS HUGE NEWS SINCE A SIGNATURE BY ITSELF IS USUALLY $150.

I will adjust my $249 price on post 1 later since to edit on the blackberry is a nightmare.

For this price I might order a couple more books.

Sorry for the confusion on the price but it is still being hammered out.

I'll take #12

#12 has been secured already.

PLEASE RESERVE BOOK NUMBERS (# 89) AND (# 74)

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR RESERVING THESE BOOK NUMBERS FOR ME.

SCOTTY

RECIEVED E-MAIL FROM JERRY RESERVING BOOK #'S 89 AND 74

SO SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS JERRY FOR THE E-MAIL AND THE BOOKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Is it MUSTANG MASTERPIECES (photo) or SHELBY MASTERPIECES (topic title)?

Are there any other pics from the book?

I received an email from Jerry and he said a twin supercharged 1966 427 Cobra that Carroll sold in 2007 at Barrett-Jackson for $5.5 million and also a Torch Red SuperSnake are in the book. :happy feet:

Archived